Posted February 07, 2014
I had children in this school for 12 years, 2 are now in excellent colleges, the others will get there. The principal and staff will try their best to bring out the best in every student. It is a warm atmosphere with rules to make community possible. People are there from every walk of life and parents are choosing the school and if possible move there to give their children the best education. One child's favorite are gym, recess, and math. Others love music, art, English, Spanish. Please bring your ideas to this school to make the world a better place . . with love.

Posted February 07, 2014
Cumberland is an excellent school that has worked well for all five of my children. My youngest two are currently in their last year there, and my first began in the second grade over thirteen years ago (He is currently in college on a full academic scholarship). We came from the East Coast and so we were outsiders at first, however, I found a wonderful home in this school community. The teachers are quite skilled, kind, and enthusiastic, the atmosphere is warm and nurturing, and the principal is very fair and professional. I am also a former teacher and school district professional (in Maryland) and so I have seen many schools. I can say with confidence that Cumberland is a very special place which seems to have struck that allusive balance between challenging academics and nurturing atmosphere. I am delighted with Cumberland and I expect to see continued excellence in the years to come.

Cumberland Elementary School 1

Posted January 10, 2014
I went to this school and it was terrible. The teachers were mean the students were horror and the teachers dont do anything with bulling. They make you sit with a counsler who just makes you cry and really just dosnt do anything. Dont go to this school i would give them no stars.

Posted January 06, 2014
This is a amazing school with parent involvement at the highest! The principal and teachers work very hard with every student! The principal is strict but I believe she should. I have enjoyed all of the teachers that my boys have had here and at the middle school. If you are looking for A great community to live in which children can walk to schools, parks and the library and this is the place would want to be. You will not be disappointed in the WFB schools and will fall in love living here.

Posted July 18, 2013
Excellent school, excellent teachers, excellent leadership (particularly the Principal). School works very hard to ensure each indiviual child is engaged and challenged.

Posted September 05, 2011
My two children transfereed to this school in 4th and 3rd grade from a local catholic school. The transisiton was difficult for the entire family. We did not start here and we for sure were outsiders. It was a difficult choice we made as parents based on our children's educational needs. However, I could not be more pleased with the outcome. The comments regarding the principal are unwarrented. She is extremely professional. More importantly she is effective! She knows every child's name in that school. My children will go on to succeed because of Mrs. Heffron. I have never seen a school try so hard and execute as they have with my two children. I am a fan. A BIG ONE!

Cumberland Elementary School 2

Posted August 14, 2011
The principal seems very unprofessional and she is strict on the kids. If she has a problem with the parent(s), she will take it out on the kids. The school is VERY cliquey, and bullying is a big factor at this school. Other than that, the education is great at the school and don't get me wrong, I would say it's way better than MPS schools. The guidance counselors try to help but it almost seems like they can't control the kids who are bullies.

Posted September 23, 2010
Great school. Strong leadership from principal who has been very helpful to my family. Great teachers. We are blessed that our son goes here.

Cumberland Elementary School 4

Posted March 21, 2010
Mediocre teaching, one size fits all model. I'm not sure the teaching rises to the caliber of the student body,

Cumberland Elementary School 3

Posted September 11, 2009
Cumberland's strengths - Most Teachers are excellent, parent involvement is extremely high and the PTO does a lot of great things for the school. Weaknesses - Not a fan of the Principal. I've seen her handle many things poorly. She talks a lot about 'Capturing Kid's Hearts,' but I have yet to see it happen. She sets a tone for the building that many are uncomfortable with (children and parents alike). I guess I had higher expectations for my childrens' school in that department. I hope the new beyond teacher has a better way with kids than the last one did. There could be more extra-curricular activities, and there are a lot of fees at the beginning of the year.

Cumberland Elementary School
4780 N Marlborough Dr, Whitefish Bay, WI  53211
Last modified Cumberland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cumberland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top