Posted May 15, 2012
I've had two kids go to KW. We love the high school, definately the best in town. The principal alone makes the school the right choice (as our district is a school of choice district). He personally knows each student, even talks about each one at graduation in turn-that's a lot of kids to say something personal about. Sport programs are great in that in most, the student comes first in the "student-athlete". Academics are strong enough to provide challenges for even the most gifted students. Lots of options for AP, Advanced and the kids can take classes at the college or the high school for college credit. My kid who has already graduated was able to pull A's in college without problems. A couple of bum teachers-goes without saying with a staff of that size. I've always felt listened to if I needed to have a conversation with a teacher. They have always been willing to help. My kids have had a good relationship with their academic advisor as well, who went above and beyond more than once for issues unrelated to academics. Worth a drive across town if you don't live on the east side.

Posted March 16, 2009

Kelly Walsh High School 0

Posted January 19, 2009
this is a great school, I am currently a senior attending Kelly Walsh full time. The teachers are fantastic. The AP Biology program is also amazing. the teacher is tough and pushes you towards acing the test. in addition the class is entertaining and fun to take.

Posted April 07, 2008
I attended KWHS for 3 years before continuing on to a private liberal arts institution that produces numerous Fulbright and Truman scholars. I was also an 'A' student in all honors classes throughout high school, and I feel that KW prepared me VERY well for the challenges I would face in college, as I am now preparing to graduate with a 3.75 GPA. If the students now are anything at all like we were, this would provide an explanation for any low test scores. While I attended KWHS, the Wycas tests were NOT taken seriously by the students, despite the requests of the teachers. This is a great school with a lot to offer in MANY disciplines.

Kelly Walsh High School 4

Posted December 26, 2007

Posted August 08, 2007
- a former student

Kelly Walsh High School 1

Posted October 20, 2006
My oldest child attend KW for four years. She moved on to college. While she was an 'A' student in all honors classes for four years, I was very surprised at how she struggled in college. She was not at all prepared. She had to step back and take pre- college courses as a freshmen. She will have spend an extra year in college to make up the lack of preparation she received at this school. Clearly the very low test scores indicate that something is lacking. The 'needs improvement--year 2' assessment given by the state should be a red alert to the community that this a broken school that needs immediate fixing.

Kelly Walsh High School 3

Posted October 19, 2006

Posted April 25, 2005
I have had two children attend KWHS and I am very happy with everything about the school. The teacher s have high expectation for my kids and have always been willing to spend extra time with them to help them achieve. I feel the teachers are highly qualified and work hard to help all kids be successful. I selected this school for my children for many reasons. One reason is the school has a block schedule. Another is because of the excellent math and science program it provides. The math and science teachers are among the best in the state. KWHS has had numerous Presidential award winners in both math and science. Finally I selected KWHS because of the many offerings it provides for my kids. Just about any sport you could want is offered, there are many courses offered for college credit, and they have the best vocal music program around.

Kelly Walsh High School 2

Posted February 04, 2005
My child took honors chemistry and 4 years of advanced math with a 'B+' average. Imagine my surprise when he went to college taking pre-calculus, and finding out, after 3 years of KW Algebra and one year of Trigonometry, he had not learned basic algebra. I feel, relative to most other Wyoming schools, the really poor show KW is making on the Wycas math and reading tests reflects quite well the skills most of the kids graduation from KW possess. If I had it to do over again, I would of put our children either in NCHS or Glenrock High School.

Kelly Walsh High School
3500 East 12th St, Casper, WY  82609
(307) 253-2000
Last modified Kelly Walsh High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kelly Walsh High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top