Bad
Good

I've had two kids go to KW. We love the high school, definately the best in town. The principal alone makes the school the right choice (as our district is a school of choice district). He personally knows each student, even talks about each one at graduation in turn-that's a lot of kids to say something personal about. Sport programs are great in that in most, the student comes first in the "student-athlete". Academics are strong enough to provide challenges for even the most gifted students. Lots of options for AP, Advanced and the kids can take classes at the college or the high school for college credit. My kid who has already graduated was able to pull A's in college without problems. A couple of bum teachers-goes without saying with a staff of that size. I've always felt listened to if I needed to have a conversation with a teacher. They have always been willing to help. My kids have had a good relationship with their academic advisor as well, who went above and beyond more than once for issues unrelated to academics. Worth a drive across town if you don't live on the east side.

this is a great school, I am currently a senior attending Kelly Walsh full time. The teachers are fantastic. The AP Biology program is also amazing. the teacher is tough and pushes you towards acing the test. in addition the class is entertaining and fun to take.

I attended KWHS for 3 years before continuing on to a private liberal arts institution that produces numerous Fulbright and Truman scholars. I was also an 'A' student in all honors classes throughout high school, and I feel that KW prepared me VERY well for the challenges I would face in college, as I am now preparing to graduate with a 3.75 GPA. If the students now are anything at all like we were, this would provide an explanation for any low test scores. While I attended KWHS, the Wycas tests were NOT taken seriously by the students, despite the requests of the teachers. This is a great school with a lot to offer in MANY disciplines.

My oldest child attend KW for four years. She moved on to college. While she was an 'A' student in all honors classes for four years, I was very surprised at how she struggled in college. She was not at all prepared. She had to step back and take pre- college courses as a freshmen. She will have spend an extra year in college to make up the lack of preparation she received at this school. Clearly the very low test scores indicate that something is lacking. The 'needs improvement--year 2' assessment given by the state should be a red alert to the community that this a broken school that needs immediate fixing.

Last modified Kelly Walsh High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.