Posted March 04, 2014
We LOVE Fort Caspar Academy!!!! I currently have three children that attend and one more starting next year. They have a new principal this year who is amazing! My youngest child needs to work harder than my other two on his homework, but none of them have to "to much." Fort Caspar is a more challenging school than most, but the students still have fun. I believe there is a huge difference between fun, and fluff. Fort Caspar has fun, they do not have any fluff. They don't do 2 hour, nonsense assemblies on how to brush your teeth (I have sat through one at another school), they don't have parties for all the different holidays, and they don't celebrate meritocracy. They do have fun and it's in a more meaningful way. They have fewer parties and are more low key. Education comes first and it's a school, it should. I'm happy and my kiddo's are too. The children that succeed at Fort Caspar are the children who's parents are fully supportive. They understand our curriculum and work close with the school to insure that their child is getting all the support they can from both places and reinforcing what's being taught at school.

Ft. Caspar Academy 1

Posted January 30, 2014
Be warned stay away from this school. My daughter,who is dyslexic, went here when we first moved to casper in 2012. Her teacher, and I use this term in its loosest possible definition,told her in no uncertain terms she was too stupid to be in his class.we moved her to Dean Morgan for her next year and low and behold she's getting A's and B's

Ft. Caspar Academy 3

Posted December 12, 2012
Fort Caspar Academy is an amazing school. The teachers are compassionate, flexible, and exceptionally competent. The curriculum is rigid, and there is a strong expectation regarding homework. It IS a good school... the best in Natrona County. With that said... this school is NOT a good place for a child with Learning Disabilities such as ADHD/ADD, Dyspraxia, or Dysgraphia. There are multiple reasons for this observation. The school counselor ONLY knows how to test for ADHD. She does not know what Dyspraxia or Dysgraphia are, both of which are debilitating for a child at a school this demanding. Our son has all these conditions, and the school was not equipped nor knowledgeable enough about them to provide him the best care. They did not know how to fill out a 504 plan, he was bullied by his P.E. teacher, and it was a horrible experience. When the principal was approached about all this, with documentation in hand, he was speechless. He could not respond, and he did not offer solutions. I think because he had none. If your child has diagnosed or suspected Learning Disabilities, consider a different school within this district.

Posted August 02, 2012
My kids attend Fort Caspar Academy and LOVE it! My husband and I LOVE it too! Academically it is the best, the children perform well and learn quickly. But they are taught more than reading, writing and arithmetic, they are taught respect, service, morals, responsibility, ethics and more. The dress code isn't terribly strict, but it's nice to know that children will look decent when coming to school (no halter tops or pants hanging down around the knees here!). The office staff is friendly, the teachers are enthusiastic and work well with the parents, and the nurse (I saw some negative comments in older posts) is great. My daughter is constantly getting bumped and scraped on the playground (just clumsy) and I always get a note or a phone call to update me, even when it's nothing serious. The principal takes time to set up meetings if I'm ever concerned about anything. And my kids definitely have FUN in class! I could go on and on. We may be moving soon and the thing I am most upset about is that I have not been able to find ANYTHING that comes close to this amazing school. I may end up homeschooling!

Posted April 08, 2012
We have had children at this schools for 12 yrs. The education provided is 2nd to none. It is not for every family, but that is made abundantly clear at the parent meeting before school starts. Randall Larson is a fantastic principal, and the office staff is wonderful. Our 3 children that have and do attend this school enjoy every day. The teachers are amazing and the structure is how school should be. We have had nothing but positive experiences here. The study habits that children learn carry them through high school. Children at his school receive an education that costs thousands per year in other states. Take advantage of a rare opportunity to get this kind of schooling for free.

Ft. Caspar Academy 2

Posted April 04, 2012
This school is proud that it teaches a full grade level ahead of the other schools in the area which is fine for the students that have gone there all their school careers however it penalizes the matriculating students who have to work to catch up. They are proud to say they are a partnership of parents and teaching staff yet when a concerned parent calls they blame the parents and take no ownership of any issue raised laying blame solely at the parents feet. Despite the advanced curriculum or maybe because of it,the rest of the school operates in a form of chaos with no one knowing what is going on. Our child was hurt on the playground and despite going to the nurses office was never seen by the nurse and sent back to class with out medical attention.A office staffer with no medical training determining she was fine. The office staff is rude and argumentative. I am very disappointed this school's reputation has far exceeded the reality. Lastly the parental involvement they so proudly crow about has become a situation of too many cooks spoiling the soup.If your family can fit their rather narrow mold they will do well otherwise I would keep your children well away from here.

Posted December 18, 2010
This is our first year at FCA and I am thrilled at how well my son is doing in his Kinder class. His teacher gives 110% and I appreciate that they have strong values and hold their students to them. As other parents have stated, parental involvement is a must and I am very fortunate to be a stay-at-home-mom and can spend quite a bit of time with his class or participating in other departments. My son's homework is about 10 minutes a night and some reading. I have heard that it has become much less strict than when the school first opened (especially in reading previous reviews from earlier years). I can tell you that we as parents love this school, the staff and the expectations that are laid out before the first day. I am looking forward to my daughter attending next fall.

Posted December 06, 2010
this school is to rough on kid. i went here and cried on a daily basis.

Posted October 26, 2009
Fort Caspar represents the finest in public education. From the core values taught and displayed throughout the school to obligation of parents to be involved in their child's education. Schools are not babysitters at Fort Caspar. The parental involvement in so critical for the success of these students. Yes, they have homework. My first grader and I sit down everynight, and complete 1 or 2 math sheets and we read for 10 minutes. That is not overload for a child. The dress code is outstanding! It teaches the children self respect, it does not strip them of their individuality. To expect a young man to wear a belt and tuck in his shirt and wear his jeans around his waist is not what i would call strict and outrageous. As long as I am in Casper, WY my children will attend Fort Caspar Academy!

Ft. Caspar Academy 0

Posted September 29, 2009
We are new to Fort Caspar Academy. The school has a strong belief system, sets high expectations for the students and have teachers that are willing to assist parents in making their children successful. Yes, a lot is expected of children and parents, but isn't that what so many parents around the children are complaining about- lack of support, poor learning environments, and low expectations? Children have behavioral expectations but in no way is the atmosphere such that they don't have fun. That is ridiculous! As well, typically customer service is not a big part of the schools that I have experienced - this is not true at FCA. And they truly have a no tolerance policy for bullying.

Ft. Caspar Academy
4100 West 38th St, Casper, WY  82604
Last modified Ft. Caspar Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ft. Caspar Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top