Bad
Good

The teachers at this school (and the principal) lie to parents instead of admitting they did something wrong. They don't pass along important messages for things like medicines and allergies and treat parents like they are dumb and don't deserve the time of day

For its high academic standards in student learning, University Park Elementary has been recognized as 2008 National Title I Distinguished School and 2011 National Blue Ribbon School.

This is an excellent school and both of my children love it. The students are held very accountable and learn a great deal in a day. I would recommend this school to everyone.

My two children go to this school and I think it is the best school in town. The teachers try to help every child achieve to the best of their ability no matter where they are in the learning curve. I have one son that is very bright and one son that struggles. Both of my children are getting challenged every day. The teachers care about my children and are very easy to talk to. I had my child in another school in town and this school has really been a blessing in disguise.

I did a long term substitute job for U. P. and must tell everyone that this is a school that is really striving to 'teach' the children and better their school daily. The 'Reading First' program is a fantastic teaching curriculum that I saw progress reach each child. I was amazed at how Kindergarteners were reading! This is a structured school, but also by this, one receives respect. The children are respected as well, and I felt there was a great attempt to understand 'their' feelings. Kudos to you University Park for a job well done.

I placed my daughter in 2nd grade at University Park this year from another Casper school. I was impressed with the dedication to student acheivement in this school not only from the teachers, but from the administration (Sally Huber rocks!), the support staff, and the front office. My daughter's reading scores dropped significantly in 1st grade, and I was worried she would not be able to recover. She has not only recovered, she is now reading at benchmark and continues to grow. This school really is top of the line. Their philosophy and values are right where they should be. Focused on the students, and helping them to be successful. I know I am welcomed into my child's classroom, and can comfortably approach my child's teacher with any concerns or questions. I find the staff knowledgable, and student focused.

Last modified University Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.