Casper, WY

Posted September 15, 2011
Dr. Madden is the best principal anyone could ask for. I see her hugging the children in the halls, and knows the children by name. She is always happy and loves her job! The kindergarten teacher has 11 years experience and is outstanding!

Posted August 15, 2008

Posted August 15, 2007
My daughter is a 4th grader this year and was moved from Idaho school dist. Willard has been a wonderful school for her and has adjusted to meet her academic challenges by adding a new teacher to teach advanced classes. I and my daughter love Willard and would tell other parents of academically challenged students about their new program. they offer violin and volleyball and other extra activities for children. As far as bullying or cursing, I have heard very little from these students, Dr. Madden is the best principal in the Natrona county school dist. and we are very proud to have her.

Willard Elementary School 1

Posted July 11, 2005
There is a ton of bullies, cusing, and fighting. I would not recomend this school.

Posted September 08, 2004
Willard School is by far Casper's best kept secret. I brought my two children to this school after having problems with the staff at University Park, which is supposed to be the 'best' school in Casper. Dr. Madden has been a God send for my family. She is a supurb lady. The children are happier than they have ever been. Dr. Madden, keep up the good work, we love you!

Posted August 13, 2004
As a new parent in the Natrona County School District, I had a hard time finding a school that was not full for 2004/2005 school year. I came across Willard Elementary and enrolled my two children in May. I was greeted by a warm and friendly staff in the front office. They answered all of my questions and made my children and me feel comfortable. I was most impressed with Dr. Madden and her ability to relate to my situation. As I was leaving her office she gave me her business card with her home phone number on the back. I was impressed. My mother is a elementary school principal and said she would have never done that in her 35 years of education. I also watched her comfort and care for a hurt child during Track Day. In my opinion Dr. Madden is doing a great job.

Willard Elementary School 1

Posted May 20, 2004
Willard used to be a great place to be. Unfortunately Dr. Madden (the principal) has destroyed the morale of the staff, and the spirit of the children. She has single-handedly erased the history of Willard in her feeble attempt to re-create Garfield. Yes, Garfield was closed due to its deteriorating structure, and that is sad; but why is it necessary to trod upon the hearts of willard students and families. As incredible as this seems, here is what she has done: insisted that Willard change its colors to the colors of Garfield; insisted that Willard change its mascot: insisted that Willard teachers be removed and reassigned (but not garfield's teachers); insisted that the rooms remain segregated with Garfield students retaining their original students (but of course, not the same for Willard students). Very sad situation... Heart breaking. Wish this never occured.

Willard Elementary School 0

Posted September 11, 2003
This school recently combined with a school that had to close. While I have supported the idea knowing that we will have to close more schools I am disappointed that the school is not Willard. There is a difference between the two schools and everyday parents and children are made to know that we are not one school but two seperate ones. Parents at Willard were not given the same opportunity to voice the concerns they had about combining the two schools. The principal has made it clear that we must tread lightly so as not to hurt the other schools feelings but what about the rights of the children from Willard and what about the rights of the parents there? At a recent back to school night it was mentioned that there would be a sign put up saying Welcome to Garfield Home of the Patriots. But when the schools combined we were told that we could not keep either mascot. So why is it ok to keep a name of a school that is no longer in existence?

Willard Elementary School
129 North Elk St, Casper, WY  82601
Last modified Willard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willard Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top