Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The teachers at Sunrise go above and beyond for their students! Both of my children have tested higher than their grade level and the teachers have tailored some curriculum to challenge them! You can tell from stepping foot into this school that the education of the children is what is first to the teachers and staff! Kudos to you Sunrise Elementary!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I Love the teachers, they really do care about the students and their success!

When we moved into the district for Sunrise Elementary the school didn't have many spaces available for 4th graders. The Principal for Sunrise worked very hard to ensure my daughters would be able to go to the school in their district, and ever since, the girls have been in love with the school, it's staff and the facilities! The new principal has brought tons of after school electives such as Chess Club and Track, as well as Student Council and the Orchestra opportunities are amazing for the kids. I love everything about Sunrise and I think it's an amazing Elementary School!

Sunrise has been a blessing for our son. He is a high spirited and emotionally sensitive child. The staff and educators at Sunrise have worked with our whole family to ensure his success. I think parents forget that WE are the most important influence in our child's life, including while they are at school. Stay SUPER Sabercats!!!

Love this school and it's excellent staff!! I would recommend this school to any parent. The teacher involvement and relationships they build not only with the children, but parents as well, is extremely uplifting. Thank you for being a wonderful school.

I have had an excellent experience with both of my children at Sunrise! They have always had caring teachers and communication between the teachers and myself has been wonderful. I know that in the past the office staff seemed unwelcoming but that has definitely changed! Being involved with your school/students can also have a huge impact on your experience with schools.

We have been a part of this school since it opened, and there are some amazing teachers and staff. My kids have always got what they needed and been at the top of their classes. Teachers are open and willing to have parent involvement and the teachers cooperatively work with one another. This school has a family atmosphere, but also has diverse income levels. Being active in your child's class, with their teachers and the PTO makes the school successful and families have a better experience. I feel that there is a lot of parents and kids who have no interest in building the community, the school or the neighborhood and they are the loudest voice or the cause of some issues. Those that have been with the school the longest are those that are committed to seeing it be a good experience for their kids. It's what you make of it.

One of my children was bullied from day one. The teacher was good but principal could care less,just has excuses for the kids that don't behave well. There were also very disruptive children in each of my children's classes that took away from a safe learning environment. My child hated this school and wants to be home schooled . My child has always loved school until attending sunrise. My kids will not be returning this fall.

This was the first year my child attended Sunrise Elementary and I could not possibly be more disappointed in a public school. The communication between teachers and other staff is awful. And the principal seems to care less about what is ACTUALLY going on in his school as far as the bullying and children are concerned. My child has been miserable there everyday and will absolutely NOT be returning to this school! If you have another option I would take it.

So far it's been great. The less retentive and more flexible and comprehensive approach to both teaching and learning are inspiring and refreshing. Reading the review of the the clearly unhappy parent causes me to wonder if said parent might have some academic and emotional challenges that are influencing their student. Regardless of a school's actual or perceived strengths or weaknesses, it all begins at home.

Last modified Sunrise Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.