Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted February 05, 2016
Sunrise has been a blessing for our son. He is a high spirited and emotionally sensitive child. The staff and educators at Sunrise have worked with our whole family to ensure his success. I think parents forget that WE are the most important influence in our child's life, including while they are at school. Stay SUPER Sabercats!!!

Sunrise Elementary School 5

Posted January 13, 2016
Love this school and it's excellent staff!! I would recommend this school to any parent. The teacher involvement and relationships they build not only with the children, but parents as well, is extremely uplifting. Thank you for being a wonderful school.

Posted May 10, 2015
I have had an excellent experience with both of my children at Sunrise! They have always had caring teachers and communication between the teachers and myself has been wonderful. I know that in the past the office staff seemed unwelcoming but that has definitely changed! Being involved with your school/students can also have a huge impact on your experience with schools.

Posted May 09, 2015
We have been a part of this school since it opened, and there are some amazing teachers and staff. My kids have always got what they needed and been at the top of their classes. Teachers are open and willing to have parent involvement and the teachers cooperatively work with one another. This school has a family atmosphere, but also has diverse income levels. Being active in your child's class, with their teachers and the PTO makes the school successful and families have a better experience. I feel that there is a lot of parents and kids who have no interest in building the community, the school or the neighborhood and they are the loudest voice or the cause of some issues. Those that have been with the school the longest are those that are committed to seeing it be a good experience for their kids. It's what you make of it.

Posted June 16, 2014
One of my children was bullied from day one. The teacher was good but principal could care less,just has excuses for the kids that don't behave well. There were also very disruptive children in each of my children's classes that took away from a safe learning environment. My child hated this school and wants to be home schooled . My child has always loved school until attending sunrise. My kids will not be returning this fall.

Posted June 02, 2014
This was the first year my child attended Sunrise Elementary and I could not possibly be more disappointed in a public school. The communication between teachers and other staff is awful. And the principal seems to care less about what is ACTUALLY going on in his school as far as the bullying and children are concerned. My child has been miserable there everyday and will absolutely NOT be returning to this school! If you have another option I would take it.

Sunrise Elementary School 5

Posted September 02, 2013
So far it's been great. The less retentive and more flexible and comprehensive approach to both teaching and learning are inspiring and refreshing. Reading the review of the the clearly unhappy parent causes me to wonder if said parent might have some academic and emotional challenges that are influencing their student. Regardless of a school's actual or perceived strengths or weaknesses, it all begins at home.

Posted August 16, 2011
I don't even have the words to say about this school! The office staff is so mean and rude its not even funny! they are so disrespectfull to parents and refuses to let them past the office for any thing. The principal is a joke in its self. my son was bullied all this past year and he didn't do anything about it and always said it was an accident. YEAH RIGHT! The reading progame is a joke as well, my son need the extra help and never got it, he was put on a waiting list a mile long because so many kids in 1st grade need the extra reading help as well. So what does that say about the school? that kis from K to 1st grade can't read at grade level. Summer school was a joke as well, he was taught by a teacher that hasnt taught in 7 years, he didn't learn anything, he was at a decent reading level at the end of 1st grade and when he was done he was reading stuff that the kids starting K would be reading! I can not begin to say how much this school has failed my kids in more ways then one. getting bullied, the social woker not caring, forcing my son to sit in a room with the kid that was bulling him daily. I'm so glad my kids WILL NOT BE GOING BACK TO THIS SCHOOL!

Posted February 09, 2010
The school is only 2 years old. They have all the latest technology including smart boards in each classroom. The teachers cooporate with eachother when in the students best interest. (ie, if a child is reading at a higher level, they will be put in a reading group at a higher level. Even if it means a different grade level.) There is a diverse group of children here including family income levels. I do not feel enough parents get involved in the PTO.

Sunrise Elementary School
5021 East 13th St, Cheyenne, WY  82001
Last modified Sunrise Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.