Cheyenne, WY

Posted June 16, 2014
One of my children was bullied from day one. The teacher was good but principal could care less,just has excuses for the kids that don't behave well. There were also very disruptive children in each of my children's classes that took away from a safe learning environment. My child hated this school and wants to be home schooled . My child has always loved school until attending sunrise. My kids will not be returning this fall.

Posted June 02, 2014
This was the first year my child attended Sunrise Elementary and I could not possibly be more disappointed in a public school. The communication between teachers and other staff is awful. And the principal seems to care less about what is ACTUALLY going on in his school as far as the bullying and children are concerned. My child has been miserable there everyday and will absolutely NOT be returning to this school! If you have another option I would take it.

Sunrise Elementary School 5

Posted September 02, 2013
So far it's been great. The less retentive and more flexible and comprehensive approach to both teaching and learning are inspiring and refreshing. Reading the review of the the clearly unhappy parent causes me to wonder if said parent might have some academic and emotional challenges that are influencing their student. Regardless of a school's actual or perceived strengths or weaknesses, it all begins at home.

Posted August 16, 2011
I don't even have the words to say about this school! The office staff is so mean and rude its not even funny! they are so disrespectfull to parents and refuses to let them past the office for any thing. The principal is a joke in its self. my son was bullied all this past year and he didn't do anything about it and always said it was an accident. YEAH RIGHT! The reading progame is a joke as well, my son need the extra help and never got it, he was put on a waiting list a mile long because so many kids in 1st grade need the extra reading help as well. So what does that say about the school? that kis from K to 1st grade can't read at grade level. Summer school was a joke as well, he was taught by a teacher that hasnt taught in 7 years, he didn't learn anything, he was at a decent reading level at the end of 1st grade and when he was done he was reading stuff that the kids starting K would be reading! I can not begin to say how much this school has failed my kids in more ways then one. getting bullied, the social woker not caring, forcing my son to sit in a room with the kid that was bulling him daily. I'm so glad my kids WILL NOT BE GOING BACK TO THIS SCHOOL!

Sunrise Elementary School 4

Posted February 09, 2010
The school is only 2 years old. They have all the latest technology including smart boards in each classroom. The teachers cooporate with eachother when in the students best interest. (ie, if a child is reading at a higher level, they will be put in a reading group at a higher level. Even if it means a different grade level.) There is a diverse group of children here including family income levels. I do not feel enough parents get involved in the PTO.

Sunrise Elementary School
5021 East 13th St, Cheyenne, WY  82001
Last modified Sunrise Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunrise Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top