Cheyenne, WY

East High School 4

Posted July 28, 2012
If you have a really dedicated student, the IB (International Baccalaureate) program at East can't be beat. When I went there, there was only the diploma program that required its students to take all their classes (core, foreign language, and a liberal arts class) at the higher level. Learning at this advanced state in everything, I really have been able to excel college and my jobs since then. IB made me a better person. That being said, East is definitely a difficult school to attend. While it isn't as clique-y as Central, there is a very strong sense for most students of whether or not they belong with certain people. Being in IB, I was isolated for the first two years until I joined Drama and the Step Team. If you send a student there, be aware there are fights and a lot of drug culture in almost every group. The administration is willing to help for a while, but I saw a lot of my friends just get shipped to CBOE or Triumph. I know nothing about South (the third high school in the town), but I prefer East to Central. The environment is much closer to what your student will experience in the real world and there are great opportunities for nearly everyone.

Posted April 14, 2011
I went to East high school and it was the best in Cheyenne. The teachers there really care about the students.

East High School 1

Posted January 05, 2010

Posted January 29, 2009
East High School allows opportunities to advance skills in any subject whether it is academic or extracurricular. Teachers are almost always available for students who need extra help in anything and are always willing to sit down and help. Education is a main focus of both the students and teachers in most classes. The variety of activities and clubs is astounding. The music faculty and programs are the best in the state.

Posted January 04, 2009
Its a great school, no matter what things that you are interested in there is a club for you. No kidding we even have a 'hack club' (for hacky sack) and our admistrators care. The only sugestion i have before you come to the school is to find your classes before school starts. The biggest problem for new comers is our school can be confusing at first, because of the numbers.

Posted October 09, 2008
East high school is the school of excellence. We are the largest and best high school in wyoming. As a adopt-a-school partner of east for the last ten years i saw how great our students, teachers, administrators and staff members are. We get better every year. We only have one mission at east and that is student success.

Posted September 27, 2008
East is Amazing! I go there and let me tell ya, it is an awesome place to be. The teachers are very helpful and will stay during their off times to help students. its a fun school to go to, and they have amazing extracurricular activities and even the school police officers are nice. Fer sure East Rocks my socks! and is the school of excellence! Go Thunderbirds!

East High School 2

Posted February 19, 2008
East's environment makes it really difficult to learn. The teachers are great, but I've encountered some that only seem willing to help when it's convenient for them. East is an okay school, but it could definately be better for students and teachers alike.

Posted August 30, 2007
Extra- and co-curricular activities are great, many of which win state and regional competitions (DECA, FBLA, band, orchestra, choral, speech and debate, mock trial, drama, culinary arts). Teachers are dedicated and hard-working. Administration is excellent. First school in state to offer International Baccalaureate diploma. Social structure among students very relaxed. School as egalitarian atmosphere.

East High School 1

Posted February 10, 2007

East High School
2800 East Pershing Blvd, Cheyenne, WY  82001
Last modified East High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top