Bad
Good

Alta Vista Elementary School 5

Posted April 29, 2014
Excellent facility, caring teachers great school all around. Great small town feel with the teachers knowing all the kids not just there own.

Alta Vista Elementary School 5

Posted April 15, 2014
The staff at this school is dedicated, caring, and hardworking. They offer before and after school support, along with many other activities. Just this weekend kids, parents, and teachers rallied together to raise money for archery. There is a new principal this year; she treats all with respect. Her leadership has allowed the teachers and kids to focus on school. In my experience, I've seen teachers volunteer lunchtimes to help students meet the high expectations, or to help them feel cared for. Others things I've observed include staff and parents rallying to help financial or medically fragile families, and my kiddo even had a set of teachers that did monthly family dinner nights just to get to know the families and be a team. So glad my kids go to Alta Vista.

Posted March 06, 2014
My daughter started going to Alta Vista the beginning of this year. We are new to Cheyenne and she had no friends when we moved here, she has since then made lots of friends. She loves her teachers, her principle, and counselor. I have had the pleasure of helping with her class and have loved it. I love the fact that they have so many after school activities. She has been in basketball, archery and golf club. Keeps her busy after school!! Overall great school!

Alta Vista Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2013
Sent my daughter here this year because we were new to Cheyenne and it was her district school, however, it is the most unruly kept school I have ever been in. These kids RUN this school and it has even started to rub off on mine. I personally have tried contacting the principle on 3 different occasions, twice regarding one issue, and another time, another issue and still have never spoke to her. I had even stated at the office that this was the third time I was trying to contact her and was assured she would get the message. A HUGE lack of discipline and NO HOMEWORK!!! That was a big problem! Hoping and praying I still have time to switch her schools!

Posted September 29, 2010
Thank goodness for our new principal! She is taking student and parent concerns seriously! She is creating a culture of respect and zero tolerance for bullying. This is long overdue and much appreciated! My kids love their teachers and enjoy going to school at Alta Vista!

Posted February 23, 2004
This school has great teachers who are committed to the students. My only concern has been the principals attention to concerns raised by parents.

Alta Vista Elementary School
1514 East 16th St, Cheyenne, WY  82001
Last modified Alta Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.