Cheyenne, WY

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 19, 2015
Both of our kids attend this school. The teachers care greatly about the kids and want all of them to excel. Are my kids perfect? No - but they don't get in trouble much. When they do, there are consequences at school and at home. The teachers have a responsibility to not only my kids, but the rest of the kids in their classes. The teachers are very open to communication and together we have become a team working toward making sure my kids become men who benefit society and can think beyond themselves. Buffalo Ridge has great technology in the classrooms, the class sizes are quite small, the faculty and staff seem to work great as a team and we always feel welcome when we walk in. The principal is amazing. He truly has the best interest of the kids at heart. I would recommend Buffalo Ridge to any parent looking for a place where their children can learn, grow and mature.

Buffalo Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted October 26, 2012
Very upset with this school. My child has only attended for a few months, he is being diagnosed with possible autism and has been diagnosed with ADHD. He has come home numerous times telling me he has been told to " stop wiggling" from his teacher. She knows his diagnosis and what he may possibly have. Also, I went to speak to her about him not eating his cold lunch at school. He comes home with 80% of his food not eaten, telling me he is hungry all day. I explained to her that he does take a very long time to eat and I was concerned. We decided to try hot lunch for a while. Well, I hear he didn't have enough time to eat because he got in trouble and had to eat in the classroom. I went to speak to the teacher about what happened, she said she asked the class if they were ready to go to lunch and my child responded " no, were not ready" in a funny manner. So she said she made him go to the back of the line and wait for everyone else to get their food before he could get his and eat in the classroom. He then didn't have enough time to finish his food before he was sent to recess. By all means my child should get punished for his actions but, this was too far with his disabilities.

Posted October 28, 2009
The staff have been wonderful and have always answered my questions. This is the 2nd year my children have attended this school and I want them to continue.

Posted October 20, 2009
Great teachers and a fabulous principal!

5331 Pineridge Ave, Cheyenne, WY  82009
Last modified Buffalo Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Buffalo Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top