Gillette, WY

Sunflower Elementary School 2

Posted April 29, 2015
the teacher is a bully. I have on numerous occasion asked the teacher to email me weekly with my sons progress. He tends to be a handful and I want to nip it in the bud, and not wait until parent teacher conference before I am informed. It is almost the end of the school year. I have received maybe a handful of emails. They were not willing to offer me any resources or information for work that I could do at home with my son. The music program is a JOKE. The teacher is a bully and should retire. My son has privileges taken away, and I am not informed about it. He is ADD and he needs his outside and break time away from learning. The school has one recess during the day, and the teacher makes my son stay in her room and do his work. I was not informed of this. They did not pass their standards tests. Shocking. I do not like this school and am researching different schools to take him to next year.

Sunflower Elementary School 3

Posted April 03, 2013
Sunflower could be better. The bullying needs to be controlled and when a child goes and tells a teacher they are being bullied.....they need to take it seriously and not just tell them to "Quit being a tattle tail!!"

Sunflower Elementary School 5

Posted July 07, 2008
I have the pleasure of sending my daughters to Sunflower Elementary. I would like for everyone to know how Great this school is!The staff are wonderful and caring. The staff works well with the children and the parents and always have time if you have a concern for your child. In my eyes they have gone above and beyond to assist my children. They have the students interest at heart. Thank you staff and especially all those who touch our children's mind and heart.

Sunflower Elementary School
2500 South Dogwood Ave, Gillette, WY  82717
Last modified Sunflower Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunflower Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top