Public charter
Laramie, WY

Posted October 09, 2014
SRA thoroughly prepared me for high school. In fact, thanks to SRA's outstanding curriculum, I have found that I already have a comprehensive understanding of material that a majority of my high school classmates have not even covered in their previous classes. Having such an extensive knowledge base has enabled me to begin taking college-level classes and has increased my success in high school. I completely credit this success to my many years at SRA, in which I learned that hard work certainly pays off in the end.

Posted August 27, 2013
I thought I would write a review of SRA, as I am now on sabbatical in Massachusetts with a 1st and 4th grader in school here. Despite the fact that MA is held up as an educational leader in the US, I was surprised to learn that their math and reading curriculum are behind those of SRA. Further, SRA offers Spanish starting K (by an enthusiastic and dynamic teacher), and our new MA school does not. I think the expectations are higher at SRA than at many schools, and students rise to meet those expectations. Having volunteered occasionally to teach science topics, I find that the students are engaged and focused. The uniform at SRA also eliminates distracting and undesirable socioeconomic distinctions among students.

Posted July 30, 2013
okay... so this school is pretty darn awesome.. my teachers are cool (most of the time) my class is awesome (most of the time) and classes can be challenging (at times).I just finished seventh grade here and am going into eighth. Middle school is fun, classes are really small and nobody is a horrible jerk (and if they are, everyone finds out pretty quick, so people are pretty nice.) Seventh grade was WAY better than sixth grade. In sixth grade, everyone is SUPER immature, there's a lot of drama, people are rude, mean, and teachers don't trust you at all and so basically you never get to do anything fun in class. Like, ever. (But they have good reason not to trust you). But seventh was really fun. All the jerks and immature weirdos left, and we're left with a class of nine. I'm really looking forward to eighth grade.

Snowy Range Academy 1

Posted April 21, 2013
my school is snowyrange. This is my first year in Wyoming and SRA and this is the worst school I have went to in the us. Let's start with manners I am a sixth grader and almost all the kids in my class have no manners first they fart and Burt for people to luagh and I have no fun with my classes that stink literally. Also most of them have no food manners they take apart there food and try to gross everyone out. They have no basketball team soccer team etc. The classes are not hard it is just hard to concentrate with annoying kids and boring classes in most classes I have to take pointless notes because the teachers tell us all the answers on study guides I am student at snowy range academy

Posted October 24, 2012
We have been a part of this school for nearly 6 years and currently have 3 students enrolled. It's hard to choose just one thing we like about SRA. If you want your student to be safe, challenged, and surrounded by a community of caring teachers, staff, and students, then you should definitely consider SRA. It is a wonderful place to be a part of, and the curriculum is second to none (especially compared to the rest of the district).

Posted July 23, 2012
I love this school, and before I came here I dreaded school. All of my classes are small, ranging from 4 students, to 9, since the classes are so small, i feel more willing to speak my mind, and therefore i understand the subjects more. the uniforms are great, they make my life less stessful in the morning. my only problem with this school is the way one of my teachers favors a classmate of mine because his motherworks for the school.

Posted November 11, 2011
We love the support the teachers and administration have given to our two children. They have worked to provide extra material for our gifted and talented student to keep her challenged. The Core Knowledge curriculum gives our kids a strong educational foundation, while the small student body means that kids get a lot of individual attention.

Posted August 02, 2011
This is an excellent school. The curriculum is by far the best in Laramie, Wy. The students get an advanced, complete, well-rounded education that not only benefits them, but also benefits the community. The school's no tolerance policy keeps children free from the treat of bullies and clich s that tend to form at other schools. I am extremely supportive of the time on task policy that keeps the children focused, instead of distracted by non-educational pursuits. Amazing school.

Posted July 18, 2009
I love this scool very much! I would like it if they had more choise of uniformes though. Over all it is a fantastic school though.

Posted April 30, 2009
SRA is an outstanding school. I love the uniforms! It makes the day begin easier (no fights about what to wear!). The teachers teach to the top 10% of the students, so my children are constantly being chanllenged. I recomment this school to anyone. Angelica

Snowy Range Academy
4037 Grand Ave, Laramie, WY  82070
Last modified Snowy Range Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Snowy Range Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top