Laramie Junior High School 5

Posted October 03, 2014
LJHS has been incredible for our son. We moved from the Southeast where the schools were not good at all. He could turn junk in and get As which taught him to be lazy. Here, he is learning what hard work means and the rigor is MUCH higher. The principal is very involved and has instituted positive behavior support programs school-wide. My son is making friends quickly and has a HUGE array of activities and sports to choose from. The parents overall are involved in their kids' education which is good for everyone. The teachers are very caring and there are many internal programs for students who need that little extra support. LJHS has been wonderful for our son. The previous reviews were written prior to the new principal.

Laramie Junior High School 3

Posted July 26, 2011
LJHS has been a good school for my daughter, not a great school, but certainly better than average. Basics such as English and Math have been taught by teachers who seemed to care and be interested in what the kids they were teaching would be leaving with. There are a handful of teachers I would not recommend after my daughter being there two years. While some revieweers seemed to think things there were really strict, I did not see enough discipline. The dress code was not enforced and some kids just seemed as though they were drifting through. This is not something I would blame the school for; I think parents should take more responsibility for the education their child receives, and this school has very little parent involvement. While a small amount of children seem supported by their parents, there was always limited attendance at academic or artistic performances, though sports in general seemed well-attended by adults. Ii have known the principal there for years, and I think he does an adequate job, considering all the restaraints placed on educators today. Any school can be a great school if parents are willing to work for that extra achievement.

Posted July 26, 2010
Our student has received almost straight A s through school, yet every year the standardized test scores are just above avg. Due to the std d test scores LJHS would not recommend our student for advanced math despite the A+ received as a final grade. It is disappointing as a parent to learn that an A+ student is only avg on std d tests. The teachers are very caring in Laramie, but the curriculum is not preparing the students well enough for college. In the 7/22/10 Laramie newspaper it was stated WY schools received a D & F ranking nationally for English & Math. This is very believable based on my observations with my student. We now seek outside tutoring assistance for our student to fill the curriculum gaps. Professional tutoring with traditional curriculum has put our student back on track in math.

Laramie Junior High School 1

Posted November 23, 2009

Laramie Junior High School 5

Posted October 15, 2009

Laramie Junior High School 1

Posted October 11, 2008

Laramie Junior High School 4

Posted March 28, 2008
This school is great. I went there myself last year and the school is nothing like how the two or one star reviews say. If it was like that back then, it is not like that now. The school system got me ahead of the school I go to now in Texas. This school is way better than my current school.

Posted October 26, 2005
It's obvious by Brandy's review why she is impressed with the school. By viewing her obvious lack of ability to spell (or use spell check) one can tell that she more than likely was a 'product' of a similar educational system such as that of Albany County. I am 'reviewing' as a parent of a student that went through the Laramie School Sytems until grade 7. He too got A's and B's. When he went through placement testing in the new state we moved to, he tested at a 5th grade level and was way behind the rest of the kids in his grade. On a national level, WY schools score low and in my opinion, are mediocre (no spell check needed for that last word!) As far as activities-let's add some better teachers, higher standards of academics and learning before spending more on activities.

Posted March 11, 2005
- a former student

Laramie Junior High School 4

Posted January 22, 2005
I couldn't DISAGREE more with the other reviews regarding Laramie Jounior High School. My son has attended the school for Two years and has participated in just about every sport offered for boys and has achieved very good grades (A and B) and he has had to work very hard to earn the grades he has gotten. He has been acidemically chanllenged and emotionally supported both by the Teachers and the Administration. The school staff has made my Husband and I feel very welcome both in the classroom and the school in general. I cant help but wonder if the other reviews were written by parents who never attended a PTA meeting or a Parent/teacher confrience. LJHS is a great place. Yes they have room for improvement but I would like to see a school who is PERFECT!

Laramie Junior High School
1355 North 22nd, Laramie, WY  82072
Last modified Laramie Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laramie Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top