2010 GreatSchools Milwaukee High School Fair
– January 16, 2010 from 10:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. at the Shops of Grand Avenue (275 W. Wisconsin Ave.). Representatives and students from many Milwaukee high schools – public and private – will be at the Milwaukee High School Fair in the Shops of Grand Avenue to tell you about the programs they have to offer. Discover the school that best fits your family’s interests, capabilities and needs. For more information, please call (414) 297-9715, or email Milwaukee@greatschools.org.
At the Fair, you can:
– Get your FREE copy of the Milwaukee School Chooser – packed with information on schools throughout the city.
– Discover helpful Web sites and resources.
– Sign up for FREE GreatSchools newsletters.
– Become part of an on-line community to get and give advice about education topics.
– Begin your high school enrollment right away.
School Information Workshops:
To learn more about choosing a school or receive help using Milwaukee School Chooser or GreatSchools.org, please call 414-477-3540 or email Milwaukee@greatschools.org.
Milwaukee Public Schools (MPS) Enrollment:
Three-choice enrollment begins January 7, 2008 and ends January 25, 2008. The three-choice enrollment form is available at all MPS schools and in Student Services at MPS Central Office (5225 W. Vliet Street). For more information, contact MPS Student Services at 475-8448.
Chapter 220 Enrollment:
The Chapter 220 enrollment period runs from January 7-25, 2008. Applications can be obtained at MPS Central Services, 5225 W. Vliet St., Room 133. Suburban residents must apply at their district office. For information on the suburban districts transportation regions, call (414) 475-8298 or (414) 475-8273.
The open-enrollment period for Milwaukee students seeking placement in suburban schools or suburban students seeking placement in MPS runs from February 4-22, 2008. You begin the process by contacting the school district in which you are interested. For more information, call (414) 475-8353.
Independent Charter Schools Enrollment:
Enrollment processes and timelines for Milwaukee’s 18 independent charter schools (those authorized by the City of Milwaukee and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee) vary by school. In order to enroll, contact the school directly to find out timelines and pick up an application. For more information, contact Margaret McMurray at 1-888-245-2732, ext.5.
Private School Enrollment:
Enrollment processes and timelines for Milwaukee’s private schools vary by school. In order to enroll, contact the school directly to find out timelines and pick up an application.
Milwaukee Parental Choice Program (MPCP) Enrollment:
Private schools that participate in the MPCP have enrollment periods between the 1-21 of each month; individual schools decide which months they are enrolling, so contact the school directly to enroll.