If you are in the process of choosing a school, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the array of choices and decisions to be made. These helpful resources will make the process easier.
Check these articles on GreatSchools.org:
- Choosing a school
- Imagining your ideal school
- 11 tips for adjusting to a new school
- The school visit: what to look for, what to ask
- Hassel, Bryan C. and Emily Ayscue, Picky Parent Guide: The Elementary Years (K-6); Choose Your Child’s School With Confidence, Armchair Press, 2004: This helpful book is chock full of tips and worksheets to guide you through the school choice process. Learn about finding a school that fits your child’s and your needs, and identifying qualities that make a great school.
- Bennett, William J; Finn, Chester E. and Cribb, John T., The Educated Child: A Parent’s Guide from Preschool through Eighth Grade, Simon & Schuster, 1999: Learn about the ten signs of a good school, what your child should be learning, questions to ask your child’s teacher and more.
Thanks to the California Business for Education Excellence Foundation for providing information for this article.