By GreatSchools Staff
1. Fill out all school forms with the contact information for both parents.
2. For parents of younger students, let the school know about your custody arrangements. Teachers in the early grades need to know where the child will be going for after-school care and where she will be doing her homework.
3. Request that the teacher be sensitive to the child and how they might feel different from the other children.
4. Request that the school send home two copies of all important announcements, classroom rosters/directories, etc, to ensure that both parents receive a copy.
5. Both parents should make every effort to attend school events and parent-teacher conferences.
6. Communicate with the other parent to ensure you both have the same information about upcoming projects, field trips, areas the child is feeling challenged, areas that need to be focused on, etc.
7. Communicate regularly with your child's teacher.
8. Keep supplies for homework at both houses.
9. Let your child know that school and homework is important to you.
10. Have your child email drafts of reports and projects to both parents' email addresses or to the child's email address if they have one.
Sign up for our newsletter and we'll send you more
insights to help you help your child succeed.
Thank you! You will begin to receive newsletters from us shortly.
Great work! Only one more step. Now we just need you to verify your email address. Please click on the link in the email we just sent you to complete your registration.
Great work! Only one more step. Now we just need you to verify your email address. Please click on the link in the email we just sent you to submit your review.
Please click on the link in the verification email we just sent you to complete your change of email address.
Whoops! It looks like we still need to verify your email. To do so, please click on the link in the email we sent you. Can't find the e-mail? Click the button below and we'll send you a new one.
Thanks for registering. Welcome to GreatSchools, the largest online community committed to improving educational outcomes through parental involvement.
Thanks for verifying your updated email address.
Oops! You haven't verified your email address yet. To do so, please click on the link in the email we sent you. Can't find the email? Click the button below to receive a new one.
Oops! That email verification link has expired. Please click the button below to receive a new one.
Create an account to submit your answers.
Sign in with an existing GreatSchools account or using Facebook:
Your review has been posted to GreatSchools.
Share with friends! Post your opinion of on Facebook.
Welcome to GreatSchools!
For principals and school officials, we offer a special Enhanced School Profile (ESP) which allows you to update and add information about your school, as well as respond to reviews. If you are a school official, click Continue to start.
Please note that it can take up to 48 hours for your comment to be posted to our site. While you're here, we'd like to invite you to fill out a survey on your school's programs, activities, and extracurriculars. It only takes a few minutes and will help parents get a full picture of your school.
Get started now! You have successfully registered and can now start updating your Official School Profile. The information you provide is extremely valuable in helping parents and students learn more about your school, so thanks for taking the time!
Thank you for registering as a school leader. We just need to verify your email address. We've sent you an email - please click on the link in that message to get started editing your school's information!
Thanks! We just sent you an email – please click on the link in the email to post your answers.
Get timely updates for , including performance data and recently posted user reviews.