Home > High School > High School Community

registering freshmen and a sophmore


Edith7 July 26, 2012

I would like to know what do we need in order to register my kids at the York Comm High School. Do we need to live in the community? From what point to the next? Im a little confuse=}

Post a reply
Facebook  Digg 


Sort by:  Oldest first |  Newest first 


MagnetMom July 27, 2012

Hi Edith 7,

Your first action should be to call the school and find out what the attendance requirements are. Typically public schools do have boundaries that require families to live within the boundaries in order to attend. On the other hand, private schools do not. Even schools with boundaries often have some kind of open enrollment that allows students from outside those boundaries to attend but there are applications and deadlines that might have already passed for the 2012-13 school year. But a phone call will resolve that quickly.

You'll want to ask whether they require an appointment, or they take walk ins, and from there ask what you'll need to bring with you. Typically they will need a birth certificate, an immunization record, and proof of residency which can be shown through a utliity bill or a lease agreement.

Good luck!

Search Community