PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

The load is way too much! My child and I would spend 3 or 4 hours a day (everyday) with homework, memorizing, and studying for tests. That's for a 1st, 2nd, 3rd grader level. At the end of the day, they're still kids. Spending that amount of hours with school related things is just inhumane for a 8yo!

I was one of the parents that wrote a positive review here before. Unfortunately, after my review my child got a very unprofessional and uncaring teacher. She had no training or professionalism to handle the age group she was teaching. I was so disappointed to be paying for that kind of service. Also, the classical education is NOT for everybody. I would actually say that is only for a very few. If your child doesn't fit the mold of the book worm, absolute straight A student, please don't send them to a school that will only make them feel like a total failure. It was not a positive experience for my child.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I feel teachers truly care for my child, and I have a hard, hyperactive one! I can really see they love him and do their best for him to succeed in life. That is priceless to me as a parent.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students are taught under christian principles. I like to see how teachers and school staff follow the Bible to resolve conflicts and other problems.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

And when I say very effective, I mean the following: - very effective at stealing from students and holding their possessions for ransom (no joke, several students have had to give teachers money in exchange for their lunch boxes, school books, etc.) - very effective at humiliating students in front of their peers - very effective at taking away any value from a student that is not related to literature or history (whether a student holds other talents, but aren't held to nearly as a high of a standard as students who are great at taking a history test....)

Possibly the most hypocritical "Christian" environment. Really really do your research about this school before sending your kid here. Sure they'll learn about Greek theology and how to write a thesis paper, but when it comes to finding value in themselves...you'll need to look elsewhere.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are amazing!!! I just can not tell u how impressed I have been with them all.

Amount of homework: Agree

My son just finished kindergarten the homework was just right. I hear the liad gets heavier but that is what I expect as a parent and I'm fine with that.

The teachers and staff are amazing. If you want your child to get "The Best" Classical Christian education you must send them here! My son loves it and so does his mom!

My son has gone here for 5 years since k-4 and every teacher has been placed in his life for a reason. He continues to excel in his faith as well as his school classes. Most kids includng himself are on A honor roll every time. And considering they run an accelerated learning curriculum that speaks volumes for the teachers. BEST SCHOOL EVER!

Last modified Evangel Classical Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12