Morgan Stanley
Welcome Morgan Stanley employees, thank you for participating in 2016 Global Volunteer Month!

Review your school!

A parent at Noah Webster Academy in Orem, UT said:

"Our daughter ... has made leaps and bounds academically, and socially. She is safe, appreciated by her teachers and peers, and feels that all the kids are equals"

Share your story

Recent reviews

Posted December 03, 2016
This is my 3rd child graduating ftom here & ACC has been a place that each of them has felt loved, accepted, supported & encouraged ! My oldest graduated in 2005 through the Honors & AP program Did her BA at Loyola New Orleans, Graduated from Temple Law & is a practicing member of the Florida Bar. My Son graduated in 2009 through the Regular track & Excelling in Basketball. He was accepted to 23 different colleges & universites including Marquet, Loyola, FIU & decided to attend a Catholic college in New York- Mount Saint Vincent. He's later transferred to FIU where his finishibg his degree in Sports training. He was offered a contract with the NBA D-league but decided to start his own business. My youngest will be graduating this year 2017 through the Pax Christi program. Dispite her learning challenges she's extremely happy at ACC ... She feels accepted, encouraged & at home there. She will be attending Miami Dade College in the fall.. Through the years ACC has gone through its growing pains but has always instilled a strong Catholic Foundation while guiding our kids through the Real-world tribulations of our modern society.. I have always been an involved parent but especially so in the last 3.5 years. All of the principals Sr Mary Elizabeth, Sr Rosalie & now Sr Margaret Ann have been amazing!!! We all love ACC !!!
A review for Archbishop Coleman F. Carroll High in Miami, FL

Posted December 02, 2016
This is not a place you would want to send your child. Our children attended LFC for several years, and we loved it. Unfortunately, the school has been so poorly managed last year that I'm glad we got out when we did. Most of the teachers were very good, but the flip side was that the new administration was very bad. Terrible Head of School who discourages opinions from families or faculty. Besides, parents are encouraged to fundraise and donate frequently. Chicago has some exceptional private school options. Sadly, LFC is no longer one of them.
A review for Lycee Francais de Chicago in Chicago, IL

Posted December 02, 2016
We bought in our son when he was a 1.5 year old and from day one the experience was phenomenal. The teachers and staff are very loving and take well care of the children. The daycare is always clean. We had our son for a full year, unfortunately had to remove him since we moved out of state.
A review for Caring Hands Child Care Center in Union City, NJ

Posted December 02, 2016
I'm actually a former student and it was awesome. There were certain pros and cons to this school. Pros- good facility, nice people/workers, good equipment, decent teachers. Cons- Wasn't as interesting as it could of been while learning in the classrooms. Overall Cottage Grove was a nice school. Everything was done nice and orderly!
A review for Cottage Grove Upper Grade Center in Ford Heights, IL

Posted December 02, 2016
I attended Summit Christian Academy for 10 years and loved every second of it. The teachers are caring, intelligent, and spiritually-adept. The students are all very close-knit and become like family to each other. In my time at Summit, I was able to CLEP out of a full semester of general education classes, scored a 31 on ACT, and was offered a $35,000 academic scholarship to TU. I definitely could not have achieved these things without the Summit's support. They truly are a school after God's heart.
A review for Summit Christian Academy in Broken Arrow, OK

Posted December 02, 2016
This review is based on 23 years of experience with the school (2 children combined). My children have been at the Los Angeles International School (aka LILA) since preschool. The Burbank Campus is an intellectually stimulating and well-run school with a top-notch principal and carefully selected teachers. Even with the recent increases in tuition, it is one of the best values among private high schools in the Los Angeles area. Students come from diverse backgrounds. This is no longer a school just for French ex-pats who don't want to drive all the way to the west side for their kids to attend the Lycée Français. It is drawing families from many different nationalities who want to give their children a well-rounded, multi-lingual education in a safe, caring environment. Communication with the teaching staff is very good. You will get an email if there is any issue regarding academics with your child, and there are opportunities to meet in person. I have found teachers to be very competent in their subject areas. My children have been happy and succeeded academically at the International School of Los Angeles. If you are looking for an alternative to the high-priced private schools in the Valley, and want to expose your children to different cultures and languages (not only French), I encourage you to check out this school.

Posted December 02, 2016
They had decided to offer me a job then 3 day later they changed there mind. Very unprofessional...
A review for Glenellen Elementary School in Clarksville, TN

Posted December 02, 2016
I want families to know that Knollwood is a much better school than it was 3 years ago. Our family witnessed the turnaround. Principal Salazar has created an organized, positive environment for our kids. With support from some open-minded teachers Knollwood now offers our kids weekly physical education, orchestra lessons, a literacy support center (one of the first in LAUSD). Beautiful murals have been painted at the school. The kids are happier. The office personnel is much more friendly. The Asst Principal changes every year because the district policies are ridiculous. We have a very pleasant one this year and I hope we can keep him! The only thing keeping this from being a 5 star school is the entitled and mean attitude of a few teachers who lack the ability to be introspective and self-reflective. Thankfully, many teachers are positive in light of unrealistic and way, way underfunded demands placed on them by LAUSD. Most teachers now show a sincere desire to positively work with parents and the kids. They even put on a magical Literacy Night for the kids and families. A few parents are visible at the school creating special events like Spirit Day, Halloween, Multi-Cultural Fair, Spring Fling. There is a lot of goodwill at the school now. I wish more families would share the positive aspects of it online now that there is less to complain about. It has come a long way.
A review for Knollwood Preparatory Academy in Granada Hills, CA

Posted December 02, 2016
I cannot say enough good things about Canterbury! My son's teachers have all been very nurturing, communicative, and accommodating. The teachers are enthusiastic and creative in the ways they implement their curriculum, and are crafty in making learning fun. The principal genuinely listens to concerns from parents and will "go the extra mile" to ensure students' success. The school has poured their resources into obtaining iPads for classrooms at a ratio of almost 1 per child, and technology is used appropriately and often, preparing kids for life in today's times. In addition to the standard art, music, and PE classes, STEM classes are also taught weekly in the district. Above all, my child has learned more than I could've ever imagined in the last two years. He is excited to go to school each day, which was never the case before we came to Canterbury. I feel welcomed when I enter the school, and feel like my child's learning, success, and well-being are their priorities.
A review for Canterbury Elementary School in Crystal Lake, IL

Posted December 02, 2016
I'm having a great experience at my school right now. We just started the program ASES after about 4 years being cancelled. There isn't that many students but that means you get to know almost everybody and have lots of friends. Two downsides of the school is that the color isn't the best but it's the school color and it's located next to the Salton Sea so sometimes there is this bad smell but not all the time.
A review for West Shores High School in Salton City, CA

Posted December 02, 2016
This is a terrible school. I moved to Somers because I thought this would be a good school, like others I'm completely disappointed. I've met some great teachers but unfortunately there are several bad apples and so I can't possibly give them a good rating. They do the very minimum, play favorites, and don't communicate well. If you complain you get no where. I would say stay away - I wish I had. Your children deserve better.
A review for Mabelle B. Avery Middle School in Somers, CT

Posted December 02, 2016
The school provides a safe environment, by enforcing over the top discipline with detentions handed out for even minor uniform violations. The school prepares kids well for college, in fact it is so rigorous that I tell my kid that based on my experiences as an adjunct professor, college will be easier and a lot more fun. My child is in the honors/AP program and we all find it suffocating. The average and mode of homework is 4 hours a night, but 6 or 7 hours is not unheard of, weekends can be 10 or more hours of homework. We have been forced by the workload to drop all but one extracurricular activity. There is also simply no time to do any volunteer work at church or school, and regular activities previously loved and good for body and soul cannot fit with this program. We raised our concerns with guidance last year; their response was to add an additional honors course and AP course to the curriculum this year. I mentioned our concern to the principal last year, she replied, "Oh, it's good for them to work that hard." So the school isn't going to change. If you enter this program, prepare to surrender your family life to the school and for your child to surrender almost all life outside of academics. I will say that even though we would fully support our child transferring to another school, they dont take us up on the offer due to the friendship bonds and comfort of the safe environments established at JP. Our younger children, however, watch their older sibling's workload and have no intention of enrolling.
A review for Saint John Paul the Great Catholic High School in Dumfries, VA

Posted December 02, 2016
Caring, thoughtful and creative staff. Kids not only learn through standard methods but through experience and creativity. I am continually amazed at their STEM initiative and continual drive to help raise successful but also kind, loyal and honest kids. Country kids are kinder than necessary (as mentioned in their motto) and this is truth. There is definite passion throughout the entire staff for learning and it shows!
A review for Country Elementary School in Pinckney, MI

Posted December 02, 2016
The teachers here give out lots of busy work and students do not learn anything. The staff is disorganized and they don't even have enough money for textbooks. Teacher turnover is ridiculously high as 3 teachers just quit in one month and they have long term subs teaching some of the classes. Your kids are better off in public school.

Posted December 02, 2016
Our experience has been absolutely phenomenal. I have been amazed at the way the staff goes above and beyond to meet the diverse needs of students, how professional and caring and creative they are. The principal is warm and encouraging and involved in her students' learning. The teachers have been great so far, as well as all the support staff. It's a wonderful, supportive, small community. When I talk to people nationally about the kind of experience we have here, and when I give specifics about the thoroughness of the school, they are amazed. This is an exemplary public school.
A review for Monument School in Bennington, VT