Morgan Stanley
Welcome Morgan Stanley employees, thank you for participating in 2016 Global Volunteer Month!

Review your school!

A parent at Noah Webster Academy in Orem, UT said:

"Our daughter ... has made leaps and bounds academically, and socially. She is safe, appreciated by her teachers and peers, and feels that all the kids are equals"

Share your story

Recent reviews

Posted August 27, 2016
This school has been a terrible experience for us. The counselors tell blatant lies and will only backtrack if you follow up with the school district. They will resort to threats if you do not agree with them and refuse to help or advise. Except for a couple of sterling teachers, most of the staff has no interest in the kids and only do the bare minimum to get their paycheck. Teachers don't arrive for prearranged meetings and don't answer emails. The online system is often not used. Communication from the school is always lacking. The management staff keep complaining the school is too big for them to do anything. Our child's results and confidence suffered while at this school. We will never recommend Redmond High.
A review for Redmond High School in Redmond, WA

Posted August 27, 2016
Unprofessional, disrespectful staff. Disorganized school. Almost all new teachers every year. Headmaster rude to parents.
A review for New Day Academy Boarding & Day School in Euclid, OH

Posted August 27, 2016
There is always at least one teacher on long term leave and usually in subjects like Math, History or English. The quality of teaching in general is not very good, especially in Math. Only kids who did Quest in elementary school seem to be able to get through middle school Math. There are a few good teachers, but they don't make up for the overall weak performance of the school. Trying to talk to the teachers is a futile exercise. They do not answer emails or follow up on requests. Overall they don't seem to care about the students at all. The overcrowding does not help. The online system is useless. The teachers do not update the results on the system so it is hard to keep track of assignments and tests. They complain that they do not get taught to use it properly. After-school sports are just a babysitting service. The teachers don't coach the kids, just keep an eye on them so they don't wander off.
A review for Redmond Middle School in Redmond, WA

Posted August 27, 2016
Lots of parents and students at JBMA love it. For sure, if you are coming from Alabama public schools (some of the worst in the nation) you will be very happy with this school. On the other hand, the families here who have a higher standard are not as impressed. It's acceptable. Despite professional development problems there are a few gems who work at the school and the campus is nice.
A review for Joseph S Bruno Montessori Academy in Birmingham, AL

Posted August 27, 2016
If it were not for one teacher (also the boys' football coach) and two girls' basketball coaches, I would have given this school 5 STARS. While my daughter was attending SJHS, I had problems with her teacher (think he hated women), but more than that...with one of the girls' coaches (Varsity Coach--no longer there). He was inappropriate with the girls during a basketball camp; I guess because he was a winning coach, they gave him a slap on the wrist, then promoted him to Athletic Director! They valued HIM more than those young girls.
A review for Stonewall Jackson High School in Quicksburg, VA

Posted August 27, 2016
I've had two kids in school here for the last six years. The teachers we have worked with have all been fantastic and school administration is outstanding.
A review for Westvale School in West Jordan, UT

Posted August 27, 2016
The Principal of this school told me that the problem my daughter was that I was teaching her at home and helping her with school work. He said that left nothing left for the school to teach her and that I needed to stop doing that. In other words, they didn't want me involved with her education (mind you teaching her consisted of taking her to museums, answering the questions she had and even having her read books and do other things during the summer). She got in trouble once for slapping a bully, she should have gotten in trouble and that wasn't the issue. They made her sit in the office for 2 hours while she waited to be punished and the office staff gossiped about what had happened. When my daughter came home she was able to tell me where the bully's mom worked, who her friends were and she was deathly afraid to go back to school. When I brought it up to the Principal, he told me I was lying. I ask him just to check into it and sure enough within an hour he called back and said the staff had admitted to it. We also had issues with Teachers putting up emails from me to them on the board so that all of the kids in the class could read it. The bully mentioned above came from that email. We also had a Teacher punish my daughter again because she didn't feel the original punishment was bad enough. Once again the Principal told me I was lying. I told him the teacher had admitted to it and when I was talking to her said some horrid things about my daughter and I. He let me know later on that I had made that teacher cry (after my daughter had cried for 2 days in a row over this and was called a liar). The School had lied, blamed us, and refused to acknowledge or apologize for any of what had happened. They blamed me and told me if I had an issue to take it up to the school board. We are a military family and my daughter had let them know we would be moving, I wasn't able to be "put on the school board calendar" before me moved away. So in part, they did it knowing they could get away with it.
A review for Walker Middle School in Ludowici, GA

Posted August 27, 2016
I applied for my son In June. My son has an IEP, but test scores are average to high. His first interview was cancelled 1.5 hours before our appointment, The second appointment they didn't even show up. Our third appointment went well, but we were now into the the zone of only days till school starts. I was kept thinking it was growing pains of a great school. After two days I was told my son could no longer attend. His IEP says he needs extra prompts sometimes. This teacher was unwilling to give those to him 2 days in. We were told good luck, now leave. My son said to me with tears in his eyes, he did everything they asked of him.
A review for Smoke Rise Prep in Stone Mountain, GA

Posted August 27, 2016
My granddaughter is currently attending Ashby Lee and is doing very well (she transferred from a private school, so she was a little 'ahead' of the other students...especially in math, but that is a problem with public schools and not indicative of a problem with Ashby Lee; her previous school had even smaller classroom sizes). The number of students to teachers ratio is very good.
A review for Ashby Lee Elementary School in Quicksburg, VA

Posted August 27, 2016
Smaller classroom sizes (children, not square footage) than the other 2 public schools in Shenandoah County, which allows for better teacher/child interaction.
A review for North Fork Middle School in Quicksburg, VA

Posted August 27, 2016
They go above and beyond for students to succeed! I feel comfortable as a parent with my son being there!
A review for Capitol Hill Magnet/Rondo in St. Paul, MN

Posted August 27, 2016
It is a subpar school academically, it has about the average ACT of one of the local public schools. I know a few kids that scored very high on the high school placement but after a couple years at this school they fell behind and did not do as well as they should've on the standardized tests. Most kids that go to this school go to college locally, they don't teach them to reach high. My kid went there and it was the biggest mistake we made. There is also bullying, although my child was not I heard many stories. One year they had a problem with some of the athletes assaulting another child and it was on the news. This school is also one where many of teachers play favorites, it is the worst school that we've been to in this regard. Favoritism is very heavy for the teacher's children in everything from school to athletics. There's no working AC so it is often very hot in the beginning of school and the end. I could go on and on but I'll just say it was the worst experience we've had of the high schools our kids went to and I'm just glad we only had one go there but I feel bad for our child because they would've done so much better somewhere else.
A review for Archbishop Mcnicholas High School in Cincinnati, OH

Posted August 27, 2016
Celerity Troika outperformed every school in the area including both charters and traditional schools. After just a little research, I found celerity troika was one of the highest performing schools in LA county. Their focus on academics is unparalleled. I also appreciate their focus on the arts. The dance shows are some of he biggest highlights of the school year! The teachers, students, and admin do such incredible work empowering kids through dance. I recommend this school to any parents interested in a high quality education for their kids.
A review for Celerity Troika Charter School in Los Angeles, CA

Posted August 27, 2016
In his 7th year at Ecole Bilingue, my 5th grade child is still thriving, eager to learn, and has a deeper understanding of the world than I did at his age. Each year, there is some noticeable improvement in the school and gets better every year. Many former parents are still involved with the school, which speaks volumes. Their children transitioned seamlessly to American schools and have shined. The school is committed to ensuring academic excellence in bilingual education and we've been impressed with the development of the English program. I have no doubt that this school is setting my child up for success as a student in a traditional American school and as a human being. He is so happy at this school.
A review for Ecole Bilingue De La Nouvelle-Orleans in New Orleans, LA

Posted August 27, 2016
The school is noisy and disorganized. Students are unsupervised and the school has poorly trained staff.
A review for Jefferson Elementary School in Greensboro, NC