Morgan Stanley
Welcome Morgan Stanley employees, thank you for participating in 2016 Global Volunteer Month!

Review your school!

A parent at Noah Webster Academy in Orem, UT said:

"Our daughter ... has made leaps and bounds academically, and socially. She is safe, appreciated by her teachers and peers, and feels that all the kids are equals"

Share your story

Recent reviews

Posted July 26, 2016
Annapolis Middle has a fantastic staff of teachers that brings out the best in students who want to learn. I think the IB program truly gets students engaged with the topics they are studying. My son loves video games and sports, so it is amazing to sit at the dinner table and listen to him talk about the Russian Revolution or tell me the Chinese words for the foods we are eating. He has had so many opportunities there... competed with his strings orchestra at the state level, got a role in the school musical, went to the county science fair and won first place in his category. Many AMS students face challenges at home and struggle at school, but the administration seems equipped to handle these concerns and runs a very disciplined school. Fortunately, my son has had classes with students who are bright and focused, which challenges him to work hard.
A review for Annapolis Middle School in Annapolis, MD

Posted July 26, 2016
HIllsmere is wonderful school with caring teachers and families who are very involved in the success of the school. All three of my children attended HIllsmere and the younger two were there from K through 5th. The teachers know how to get students involved and interested in the subject matter. Although I hate today's emphasis on standardized tests, all three of my children received advanced scores in reading and math, so the teachers are doing something right! My children benefited from many of the opportunities there, including chess club, running club and 5K run, science club, school dance and publishing company.
A review for Hillsmere Elementary School in Annapolis, MD

Posted July 26, 2016
I was a student at northside for about 11 years. I left to go to public school and honestly I would recommend to save your money. There is so much favoritism and the staff shows that. The staff cares more for some kids (mostly the ones who's parents work there) over others. The school leaders really don't care about bullying/drama unless your a staff members child. SAVE YOUR MONEY.
A review for Northside Christian Academy in Charlotte, NC

Posted July 25, 2016
Our second grade teacher yelled so much during class, my daughter became a yeller at home and now we have to deal with that. We don't know why the Principal keeps this teacher but I know my best friend also has a daughter in there and she said her daughter cries every night because of her. She needs to be fired.
A review for Kahala Elementary School in Honolulu, HI

Posted July 25, 2016
Lazy 4th grade teacher has students copying material while she is posting on Facebook and shopping online. Administrators were made aware of this and did nothing. This teacher is still employed there. She is also maxed out on the salary cap as she's a "veteran teacher" with years of experience being paid to "surf the net" while the students teach themselves. I have had two former teachers tell me that they were not only discouraged from working with students with IEP's but flat out told not to do it "or it will make the rest of us look bad" by other teachers. The principal also reiterated that to one of these two teachers.
A review for St John Elementary School in Plaquemine, LA

Posted July 25, 2016
I love this place. It is more than just a daycare. The facility is clean and safe. The children have daily Bible time, music class, access to a gym and fenced in playgrounds. I have come to know the Ball family through JLU and continue to keep in contact with them. I have a warm place in my heart for JLU.
A review for Jlu Child Care Center in Spencerport, NY

Posted July 25, 2016
I graduated from Columbus a few years ago, and at the time, I thought it was a very good school that had given me lifelong friends, a quality education, a deep moral and religious grounding, and a strong sense of self. In the years since, I've realized how delusional I (and my parents) were. Columbus did more harm than good in helping us develop as young men (as the school loves to claim it does). I never felt like any teachers, advisors, and administrators were approachable or available to me—both academically and personally—and day-to-day operation of the school can be described with "Donnie Darko meets Lord of the Flies". Despite being in the "advanced" program, I felt just as unprepared for college and real life as the rest of the school. My parents have expressed similar sentiments about every aspect of the school, and have apologized to me multiple times for sending me there, wasting their money there, and setting me back years at a time when I should be maturing in all aspects. Talk about buyer's remorse.
A review for Christopher Columbus High School in Miami, FL

Posted July 25, 2016
If I could rate this school in the negative I would. What a a group of phony "loving Christians". Mary Irish is such a micro managing *****. The teachers are all her robots. The principle and the head pastor tried to sweep a terrible incident involving my child under the rug. They will do anything to not tarnish their phony image. **jBeware they do not supervise your children*** They are not culturally sensitive nor are they diverse enough to teach minorities. They simply cannot relate. Mary Irish and Pastor Schroeder are phonies. They don't care about you, your child or your family. All they really care about is your tuition money and the school's image.
A review for Our Redeemer Lutheran School in Wauwatosa, WI

Posted July 25, 2016
Terrible school. First time there found children ignored while teachers and assistants were left chatting. This occurred in every classroom I visited. As a parent, I felt ignored. Awful. Almost criminal.
A review for William S. Baer School in Baltimore, MD

Posted July 25, 2016
Very Bad Experience. So much of Bullying. we had to fight to take some action. Now my son is so scared to go back to school. Highly Disappointed.
A review for Lakeview Elementary School in Kirkland, WA

Posted July 25, 2016
Don't bring your child here if they have special needs (an IEP). This school wants kids who fit their mold and that means kids that are already excelling and have no special needs/educational challenges. They will tell you they will support your child's needs because legally they are required to do so, but once in the teachers have a very obvious lack of enthusiasm (I would even say a disdain) when it comes to supporting the needs of a child who requires extra support. I would go as far as to say our child was treated with hostility and I believe the goal was to get us to leave. It worked! We switched teachers at first but saw the same attitude from the next teacher and knew this was not the place our child should be. We do have a child who is at the top of her class and she did well for the brief time at this school. It's just not a good fit for those with special needs. I hope this review helps someone avoid making the same mistake we did.

Posted July 25, 2016
Big enough to offer many courses and clubs but small enough for faculty to know you by name. Really feels like home. Proud to have the 2016 Caddo Parish student of the year and Louisiana high school Teacher of the Year!!
A review for Captain Shreve High School in Shreveport, LA

Posted July 25, 2016
My children attended Twin Peaks for their entire elementary school years. One is now in college and the other in high school. They have fond memories of Twin Peaks' caring community. Additionally, they left with a strong academic foundation, organizational skills, and the confidence one needs as they progress through school and life. Twin Peaks continues to succeed,receivng an "A" rating from the state. They are known as leaders in the PBIS (Positive Behavior system), and in their Child Assistance Team-other districts often send their staff to observe and earn from the staff. In addition to the many programs that Twin Peaks offers, what stands outmost is the sense of community one feels when they enter the school grounds-it is obviously a place where kids feel safe and happy, and staff care. I would highly recommend Twin Peaks to anyone looking for a school that has it all.
A review for Twin Peaks Elementary School in Tucson, AZ

Posted July 25, 2016
This is my second review of this school and it will thankfully be my last. I had 3 children attend the school and I am delighted my last one is out of the school. I was a member of the PTA and SLT until 2 years ago, Now the principal doesn't acknowledge I am alive. With leadership like that how can a school succeed! Some of the teachers are very poorly prepared, and can't explain the new common core. I am glad to shake the dust from my feet and walk away from this school!
A review for Ps 133 in Queens, NY

Posted July 25, 2016
As one reviewer stated, SOMS is 'above the P.G. average.' Unfortunately, that's not saying very much... There were some great teachers at Samuel Ogle, but their classes are too large to tend much to struggling students. As another reviewer pointed out, there were also a small number of teachers who seemed lazy or unmotivated. There have been a few good folks in the administration but they often follow promotions to other schools. Two years ago, every student joked about the acting principal's prominent bicep tatoos of her two ex-husbands. Nothing against tatoos, divorce or sleeveless attire, but the skeptical jokes undermined the dignity of the principal’s position. PGCPS and SOMS are dumbfounded about how to deal with cellphones and other communication devices, so they just ignore the issue (like so many parents, too), and the clever kids’ potty talk quickly evolves into bullying, sexting and other inappropriate activities. High school boys enter the school to hit on the gullible middle school girls, and gang recruitment begins here in middle school, believe it or not, though PGCPS, Bowie PD and the school vehemently deny that it's "a problem." But it may become your problem at SOMS. Good luck!
A review for Samuel Ogle Middle School in Bowie, MD