Arab Elementary School 2

Posted May 28, 2009
Arab has some of the best schools around. I only wish they had the time this year to teach my 3rd grader (straight A student) to write cursive. 6 years ago, my son was taught in 2nd grade at the same school. Our students today have so much pushed on them its hard for the teachers to find time to teach them the basics like writing!!

Posted December 14, 2008

Arab Elementary School 3

Posted October 28, 2008
its in a great location it has a site on the web

Arab Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2008
Thank goodness that my kids no longer go here! They are no longer bullied by the kids that cannot be corrected because they are related to or whose parents went to school with a teacher there. They are no longer being yelled at in class where they & every other student in the class were too scared to ask a question because of the humiliation. They no longer have sit in the classroom injured because the teacher refused to send them to the nurse. They no longer have mysterious illnesses so that they don't have to go to school. They are no longer in a school that discourages parental involvement. They are now in a different school system and could not be happier. This is a wonderful website for parents to read other parent comments and make their own judgement call. I wish I had know about it before.

Arab Elementary School 0

Posted September 02, 2008
I have been very disappointed with this school system. I agree that the children are not treated equally - you have to know everyone or have gone to school there yourself. My family moved to Arab when my husband was transferred to Huntsville 2 years ago. We pulled my 2 sons out at the end of the school year. We moved a little north and are extremely happy with the county school system.

Posted June 20, 2008
Let me start by saying that I am a proud alumnus of Arab City Schools. My sons have both attended APS & AES, and my oldest is at AJHS & both have received an excellent education from the teachers there. My children have not had a teacher yet that wasn't concerned about their students being the best they could be. They are very encouraging & remain involved long after the student leaves their classroom. I would encourage anyone who moves to the Arab area to seriously consider sending their child/ children to AES or any other of our wonderful schools!

Posted May 02, 2007
I have received communication from my child's teachers weekly for the past three years through e-mail, graded papers, grade-level newsletters, and personal correspondence. My child has also been in the gifted program for three years, and we have been extremely satisfied with the attention and education he has gotten from the gifted teacher, Bette Hendrix. Our high test scores prove AES's great teaching staff, supportive administration, and happy parents.

Arab Elementary School 2

Posted April 13, 2007
Mrs. Willis was a great principal.It is a shame she is gone. The school does not have parent involvement. There are no volunteer opportunities. There are no PTA meetings. There is no communication between parents and teachers unless the parent initiates it. This is a very strange school. I would not recommend it.

Arab Elementary School 1

Posted December 08, 2006
My family moved to Arab over other areas surrounding Huntsville because of the school system's stellar reputation. We are overwhelmingly disappointed. Inconsistent disciplinary actions. This is a very small school system with only about 2000 pupils. Funds are very limited so the gifted and special needs programs suffer.

Arab Elementary School 1

Posted December 08, 2006
We are a military family that has moved quite a bit and feel we can accurately compare schools. Test scores aren't everything. There is no parent involvement other than parties and field day. They do not have PTO/PTA meetings. I had never heard of such a thing. The primary, junior high, and high schools seem to be run very well. Given what I know now though I would not enroll my children into Arab City Schools unless my youngest would be starting at the junior high.

Arab Elementary School
241 8th Ave NE, Arab, AL  35016
Last modified Arab Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arab Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top