Atmore, AL

Posted October 28, 2011
As a child/parent advocate, I am taken back by what seems to be an unwelcoming and unprofessional attitude when trying to help students. I noticed how the raking in parental involvement was a one star and not surprising! It is important that when things are brought to leaders/educators attention that the mindset stays as professional as possible and that solutions to the problems be researched. Some of my personal experience has not been very positive and has been very displeasing. It is difficult for me to see parents being really involved when road blocks seem to be put in place due to either hurt feelings or an ego trip. The time has surpassed for a change to take place in some of the schools in Atmore and it is my utmost desire that the leaders and educators will embrace parental/advocate involvement because no matter how much I may be pressed against, I will continue to push for parental involvement.

Escambia Co High School 2

Posted August 22, 2011
I was at Friday night's football jamboree to watch my child play. However, i couldn't help but notice that there were only a few select players playing and sometimes, playing offense and defense. Its not fair to the rest of the team who practices just as hard and just as often, to sit on the sidelines and watch the same players on the field the entire game. Maybe if the coaches would stop playing "favorites", they could win a few games this year.

Escambia Co High School 3

Posted May 09, 2011
Although there are some bad points with this school, I would like to say that there are some good points. I am an alumni and I have children who now attends. But what I have noticed is that although the kids share some blame so does the parents. These are the ones who finds fault, but can never be seen participating in the school. If we going to sit back and compain and never get involved, then these kids will be a representation of us. A group of people who doesn't care.

Posted April 24, 2011
I feel that this school is hardly going to do anything good for anyone. The textbooks are outdated, the science labs are so poorly funded that only the theory of science is given with little or no practice, and what they consider to be "ready for college" is almost a joke. If at all possible, send your children else where. I went there and during my time, we had many different principals, teachers that would only survive one semester, and at best, a mediocre enviroment for succeeding. The students really do run the school and it makes it impossible for anyone to truly learn anything. I wouldn't want my daughter going there by any means.

Posted May 08, 2007
This school operates with very antiquated philosophies regarding education, social interaction and discipline. The administration hides its head in the sand and allows the students to run amuck. There is a band, but no choir. There is no drama or speech program. There are athletics. It was once a very good school with a lot to offer, but now it's just a place where kids go to fight, argue and goof off. It's sad, but I wouldn't bring my children to school there and I'm an alumnus.

Escambia Co High School 4

Posted September 09, 2006
This is a good school with exception leadership, and it will continue to produce many well-adjusted citizens.

Escambia Co High School 4

Posted June 26, 2006
As a new alumna of ECHS, I have mixed feelings about my alma mater. I have been a student here during four years of turmoil and change, but I must say that I feel that ECHS is finally on the right path. While ECHS does not offer AP courses, it does offer a phenomenal Dual Enrollment program for sophomores, juniors, and seniors. The band, which ranked superior at the 2005 State Competition, is finally under a stable band director with a vision. The only thing that I can truly criticize is the lack of parental and community support. Our community is slow to praise and quick to judge, and until the school has its full support, I think ECHS's growth will continue to be hindered.

Escambia Co High School 5

Posted November 16, 2005
Escambia County High School has allowed the oppurtunities of the future for several students. This year, Kyle Ferguson, a great principal has taken charge of the school. He is a great leader over this school and many parents and teachers/staff respect him a great deal. Many parents and officials are more attracted to the school since the several 'clean-ups' of campus and buildings being re-modeled. This year we have new teachers and coordinated study classes that allow after school and in-school help for graduation exams and other core subjects. Over-all, Escambia County High School has the potential to allow your kids future to become a perfect success.

Posted July 28, 2005
Well my name is Cecil Buckhault. I am a student at this high school and I can tell you that the only exceptional Teacher at this school is Mrs. Garner she has helped me get through the year without her I really don't know what I would do she is a sweetheart and also an angel she has helped me look at colleges and I want to become a Teacher just like her. I want to be the best and go to college and get a masters or even a phd in science. But she is really the best teacher you can find and I will back up every last word that I type.

Escambia Co High School

Posted December 15, 2004
Escambia county high school has many caring teachers and staff. The majority of teachers do a great job and are truly concerned about the students. Do not let one or two bad apples spoil the cart. There is no such thing as a 'perfect school.'

Escambia Co High School
1215 South Presley St, Atmore, AL  36502
Last modified Escambia Co High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Escambia Co High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top