Bad
Good

As a child/parent advocate, I am taken back by what seems to be an unwelcoming and unprofessional attitude when trying to help students. I noticed how the raking in parental involvement was a one star and not surprising! It is important that when things are brought to leaders/educators attention that the mindset stays as professional as possible and that solutions to the problems be researched. Some of my personal experience has not been very positive and has been very displeasing. It is difficult for me to see parents being really involved when road blocks seem to be put in place due to either hurt feelings or an ego trip. The time has surpassed for a change to take place in some of the schools in Atmore and it is my utmost desire that the leaders and educators will embrace parental/advocate involvement because no matter how much I may be pressed against, I will continue to push for parental involvement.

I was at Friday night's football jamboree to watch my child play. However, i couldn't help but notice that there were only a few select players playing and sometimes, playing offense and defense. Its not fair to the rest of the team who practices just as hard and just as often, to sit on the sidelines and watch the same players on the field the entire game. Maybe if the coaches would stop playing "favorites", they could win a few games this year.

Although there are some bad points with this school, I would like to say that there are some good points. I am an alumni and I have children who now attends. But what I have noticed is that although the kids share some blame so does the parents. These are the ones who finds fault, but can never be seen participating in the school. If we going to sit back and compain and never get involved, then these kids will be a representation of us. A group of people who doesn't care.

I feel that this school is hardly going to do anything good for anyone. The textbooks are outdated, the science labs are so poorly funded that only the theory of science is given with little or no practice, and what they consider to be "ready for college" is almost a joke. If at all possible, send your children else where. I went there and during my time, we had many different principals, teachers that would only survive one semester, and at best, a mediocre enviroment for succeeding. The students really do run the school and it makes it impossible for anyone to truly learn anything. I wouldn't want my daughter going there by any means.

This school operates with very antiquated philosophies regarding education, social interaction and discipline. The administration hides its head in the sand and allows the students to run amuck. There is a band, but no choir. There is no drama or speech program. There are athletics. It was once a very good school with a lot to offer, but now it's just a place where kids go to fight, argue and goof off. It's sad, but I wouldn't bring my children to school there and I'm an alumnus.

Last modified Escambia Co High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.