Posted September 29, 2014
Mrs. Resa runs an excellent school. She knows and loves middle school students. While providing a rich education, the students are allowed to have fun. Great middle school with an exceptional staff. A+ school!

Posted September 29, 2014
Great atmosphere and doing great things for students! My child has been challenge and supported.

Posted May 07, 2014
My middle schooler recently started here, and I'm greatly disappointed. I agree with the other parent noting that teacher lack the common sense on how to speak to students, bordering on verbally abusive. I also agree with yet another parent - stating that the principal could care less about unwilling to help a child if there is a problem. Bad news all around with administrative and communication. No return calls, no sense of professionalism. The teachers are hit or miss, and I think it's a direct reflection of their present management. If the principal is a gruff, passive leader who can't address things - why should they???

Posted December 05, 2012
I go to drake and I find it lackes in many places like lunch behavior and the knolage the teachers have about filed trips and extra circular activities I don't care for the principle but like mr.barlow I hate the new rule about only string bags and find it repulsive and a bad decision not just for student but for teachers because if students have to carry them so do teachers and I don't like the 6th grade pe teachers

Posted October 09, 2012
Test scores are not everything. This school is the only blight in the Auburn City School district. The current principle is very unwillingly to help when a child is having a problem. Trouble with pe coaches as well,one in particular is very unprofessional and lacks decorum, tact, and any compassion.

Drake Middle School 1

Posted July 06, 2012
I'm a parent of 7th grader and I must say that from the first day my child entered that school, I knew we made a mistake. Four fights, teachers cursing and people in the Office not caring. I truly wish the city of Auburn would invest in building another middle school. Some of your tenure teachers should have been gone a long time ago. My child was an A/B Student, very likeable and always getting rewards and honors for her grades and caring nature. We get to this school(which I'm sick of people stating that Auburn City schools are the best...that may be, but not all of the schools are) I was told how wonderful the school and the teachers were...wrong. I wish my family had the resource to pull her out and send her to Lee-Scott. Thank goodness this was her last year at that school. She will be homeschool the coming year. Parents, don't just go by what you heard or standard testing, please visit these schools within the next school year. Our children are our future and we need to invest in getting better teachers who don't treat students as they are a piece of meat or teachers who just want to get paid on the 1st and 15th of each month.

Drake Middle School 3

Posted February 20, 2012
I a current student think this school is a good place to be at, but the level of education is low compared to the US education. When you are given a math class it is impossible to advance, which happened to me. Many students use foul language everyday and on the bus. The good thing is that they divide you into teams. Where it feels like a good place to be at. There are many clubs and activity you can enjoy. The food is good compared to the Junior High and its a fine place to go!

Posted September 11, 2011
I'm a new student here at Drake, and I really give them credit for trying really hard to make sure everyone has the best education possible. They hire the best teachers and staff, and they have the latest in technology and science. Also, they have a lot of extracurricular things to participate in. They have tons of clubs. There's something for everyone! Since there are over 1000 students in the school, they divide you into 5 groups. They have their own mascot and pep cheers and everything. You don't feel as lost in a big school as you would if they didn't do that. Also, their math is very tailored to suit the individual child's needs. You are tested every 4 1/2 weeks to see how well you comprehended the material previously taught by your teacher. They place you in different classes according to your score, and they change things up so the students can't call one class "smart" or "dumb". All the teachers use convenient resources like powerpoints and worksheets to study instead of textbooks. All the material is regularly posted on their website, so you can go to your team and access what you need, even powerpoints and all the things you'll be studying for the week. 5 stars! Hoorah!

Posted May 23, 2011
I have had 3 children go to Drake. They all have very different personalities. They all made friends, good grades, and all thought they were Ms. Beebe's favorite:) This public school is as close to the real world as I would want them to be and I am thankful that they did well and enjoyed the overall experience! I highly recommend AU city schools!

Drake Middle School 4

Posted November 28, 2010
To the lady, who just moved to Auburn in 2008 and decided to Home School her children, she must have also just moved to Alabama that year. Sorry, but in our state, Auburn Schools rank very high in test scores compared to other schools in the State. Remember Alabama schools rank at the bottom of the list, so be thankful you moved to a beautiful area like Auburn.

Drake Middle School
655 Spencer Ave, Auburn, AL  36830
(334) 887-1940
Last modified Drake Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Drake Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top