Birmingham, AL

Posted December 07, 2011
Seriously? I cant believe there would even be an area of rating for this school as bad as it is. The 4 should say it all. My child attends this school because of our district, and weve had nothing but PROBLEMS! The teachers could care less and come to work as if it were a fashion show. Wake-up its not about how you look , but about our kids education! The staff is very unfriendly, the bend the rules based on who you are, its ridiculous. I would NEVER recomend this this school for anyone and really think it needs to be SHUT DOWN! When it comes to kleadership, there is none. When it comes to education, there is none. And when it comes to compassion, there is none! Worst school ive ever been to or involved in.

Arrington Middle School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
I am a parent to two kids that attend arrington middle school ,I will say that there is some promblems with this school.That start with coming through the front door ,I was there two weeks ago ringing door bell to get in it took about 10 min before a student headed to open the door and a teacher stopped the kid and got on to her ,while I was still standing outside,the teacher finally opened the door,she wasnt nice at all would not say hello, but that is about half the people that i have seen including the principle,i think to have a school it start with the head, i will not rate the school but i am in the process of removing my child.

Arrington Middle School 4

Posted June 15, 2009

Posted December 08, 2008
This is my daughter's first year here and she's in the 7th grade....I do feel that the teachers care and it is a school where there are real PTA meetings and parents actually show up....I haven't had any problems with this school. Most importantly the academics at this school is great....The teachers give assignments that not only make the child think but the assignments make the parent think also....I feel that this school is the best school for academic and extra-curriculm activities. The principal is interested in what you think and the staff try to keep the children busy.....Overall I'm very satisfied with this school.

Posted November 30, 2006
- a former student
I believe Arrington is a good school because most teachers get to know you. They don't hide things from you if you're doing bad they will say it and be like I will help you work on it and I can help you. It was like a family away from home. All the parents that's judging the school need to think about it. What are you doing to be involved? Help the school make all these so-called changes if it's so bad.

Posted June 28, 2006
- a former student

Posted April 24, 2006
Arrington is a bad school. The bathrooms are dirty, and the food is bad. The teachers teach and teach but there are limeted supplies.

Posted October 17, 2005
i truly think that arrington is a good school even though som of us need training but all of that other stuff that they r saying about mrs. carpenter is not true shes a good principal and she just wants the best for her children dont judge the way she looks dont even judge her at all cause if u really think about it if the principal was that bad u wouldnt allow your chilidren to attend that school

Arrington Middle School 2

Posted July 18, 2005
- a administrator
I was not impressed with the leadership at this school. The principal seems to be a little too passive and laid back. She does not seem to have very good control or enthusiasm over the overall learning environment. Too much emphasis placed on 'little' things. Not enough challenging homework assignments given by the teachers. I'm looking forward to a better new school year.

Posted April 28, 2005
This school needs some serious revamping! From the principal on down to the teachers. They don't care about the students at all. I pray that they will wake up and realize that they are there to serve and help the students, not just there to get a check.

Arrington Middle School
2101 Jefferson Ave SW, Birmingham, AL  35211
Last modified Arrington Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arrington Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top