Birmingham, AL

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 05, 2015
The teachers are very effective in delivering instruction to the students. They also have a lesson plan outside of their room. The lesson plan is visible for all to see.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted August 05, 2015
The Arrington Middle School Community will promote higher order thinking skills to develop literacy in students while producing constructive global citizens and life long learners. Higher order thinking skills are very important. Students should use higher order thinking skills throughout the day. The school implement higher order skills everyday.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted August 05, 2015
The schools belief, Vision and Mission statement is as followed: We Believe: We believe every student is a valuable learner. We believe very student is capable of impeccable character. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect. We believe that everyone needs a safe environment. We believe that failure is not an option, and success is inevitable. We believe that family is fundamental strength of the individual and society. We believe that education is a shared responsibility. It is a partnership between home, school, and community. We believe in data-driven instruction to yield high student achievement.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted August 05, 2015
The caring is there. The empathy is there. The school Mission Statement is as followed:The mission of Arrington Middle School, is to develop self-assured students who are well equipped to be College and Career Ready by proving a perceptive, dedicated and professional staff which affords students optimal opportunity to develop and use their abilities in an environment and encompasses a varied intellectually rigorous curriculum oriented toward respond to the needs of each child.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted August 05, 2015
The students behavior and learning will speak for itself. The development of a child or children can be determined through observation.

Posted August 05, 2015
The staff at this school care about your students academic success. The school has a curriculum coach that supports the teachers with resources and more. The leadership works daily to make sure the operations of the school is on point or better. The school doors are locked to help with safety. I gave this school five stars for the following: Increased student learning and desire to achieve at high standards; Decreased negative behavior incidents and dropout rates; Increased school satisfaction and motivation; Increased sense of student self efficacy; Improved positive attitudes toward school; and Improved student social-emotional skills, such as caring, empathy, social responsibility.

Arrington Middle School 1

Posted December 07, 2011
Seriously? I cant believe there would even be an area of rating for this school as bad as it is. The 4 should say it all. My child attends this school because of our district, and weve had nothing but PROBLEMS! The teachers could care less and come to work as if it were a fashion show. Wake-up its not about how you look , but about our kids education! The staff is very unfriendly, the bend the rules based on who you are, its ridiculous. I would NEVER recomend this this school for anyone and really think it needs to be SHUT DOWN! When it comes to kleadership, there is none. When it comes to education, there is none. And when it comes to compassion, there is none! Worst school ive ever been to or involved in.

Posted April 19, 2010
I am a parent to two kids that attend arrington middle school ,I will say that there is some promblems with this school.That start with coming through the front door ,I was there two weeks ago ringing door bell to get in it took about 10 min before a student headed to open the door and a teacher stopped the kid and got on to her ,while I was still standing outside,the teacher finally opened the door,she wasnt nice at all would not say hello, but that is about half the people that i have seen including the principle,i think to have a school it start with the head, i will not rate the school but i am in the process of removing my child.

Posted December 08, 2008
This is my daughter's first year here and she's in the 7th grade....I do feel that the teachers care and it is a school where there are real PTA meetings and parents actually show up....I haven't had any problems with this school. Most importantly the academics at this school is great....The teachers give assignments that not only make the child think but the assignments make the parent think also....I feel that this school is the best school for academic and extra-curriculm activities. The principal is interested in what you think and the staff try to keep the children busy.....Overall I'm very satisfied with this school.

Posted November 30, 2006
I believe Arrington is a good school because most teachers get to know you. They don't hide things from you if you're doing bad they will say it and be like I will help you work on it and I can help you. It was like a family away from home. All the parents that's judging the school need to think about it. What are you doing to be involved? Help the school make all these so-called changes if it's so bad.

2101 Jefferson Ave SW, Birmingham, AL  35211
Last modified Arrington Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arrington Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top