Bad
Good

My child is finishing up her 2nd grade year at Grantswood. The teachers are great, super sweet. Somme of the office staff could use a personality. My only complaint with Grantswood is the fact they are suggesting I hold my child back but her grades don't reflect the need. I am just not sure holding her back will benefit her. I am contemplating sending her on to third a hope she is prepared.

Grantswood Community School is hands down one of the best Elementary schools in the state. The teachers take time with the children, know each of them by name and actually care and love them. They are great to the parents and keep us informed. Our son has been at the school for 2 years and we have NEVER had one single problem with anyone. Mrs. Foshee the counselor is amazing and really goes above and beyond for the children as does Mrs. Tillman the Principal and all of the teachers. My son went from hating school, getting in trouble at his previous schools to making straight A's, no behavioral problems and being tested for gifted. The changes in him are dramatic and all it took was a school that made him feel safe and loved. Thank you Grantswood , my family can never repay you for the peace you have given us.

My daughter attended this School for Kindergarden and the Teacher she had was AWESOME AND CURRICULM GREAT, but the staff is mostly unfriendly and some rude! You walk in the office and they dont speak, you have speak to them, not used to that! I took my daughter out and never looked back. If you can help it, DON'T DO IT if you are about kindness and friendliness.

My daughter is in Kindergarten and this has been the best experience for her and a the staff is exellent

My son went to Grantswood for kindergarten where he did very well. Then he went to Leeds Elementary for 1st grade where he was held back-he made very little progress that year. He's back at Grantswood this year for 1st grade and it has been an awesome year! The teachers and staff were so pleased to see him back and we were all greeted warmly. We have had very good communication with the school. My son is reading at a 2nd grade reading level and has made huge strides in every area. I definately credit this to the great work of his teachers, a terrific curriculum, and an appropriate homework regimine.

I really liked Grantswood. The teachers really worked with my autistic son. However, the administrative staff is very unprofessional.

The school has a great academic program. However I'm not impressed with the staff. This is my child's 2nd year at Grantswood and I have not experienced the 'ever so friendly' atmosphere from the falcuty that I've come in contact with but as far as the academics, it's a great school.

My daughter is almost done with Kindergarten at Grantswood and I am so impressed with this school. She is a sponge for knowledge anyway and with her accelerated learning she is already reading at a end of year 1st grader. The teachers and other facility are just amazing and so caring about all the students under there wing. I would recommend this school for K-2 to anyone new or old in the area!

We just moved from Pinson to Trussville and Grantswood has made the transition great for our son .

My son just started K-5 at Grantswood and the whole staff has made it so much easier to transition for me and my son. We were very concerned about how he would in real school. He is a very resistant to change and gets upset very easily, but he wakes up each day ready to go to school because he loves it. go.

Last modified Grantswood Community Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2