Grantswood Community Elementary School 2

Posted April 07, 2014
My daughter attended this School for Kindergarden and the Teacher she had was AWESOME AND CURRICULM GREAT, but the staff is mostly unfriendly and some rude! You walk in the office and they dont speak, you have speak to them, not used to that! I took my daughter out and never looked back. If you can help it, DON'T DO IT if you are about kindness and friendliness.

Posted March 05, 2014
My daughter is in Kindergarten and this has been the best experience for her and a the staff is exellent

Posted May 05, 2011
My son went to Grantswood for kindergarten where he did very well. Then he went to Leeds Elementary for 1st grade where he was held back-he made very little progress that year. He's back at Grantswood this year for 1st grade and it has been an awesome year! The teachers and staff were so pleased to see him back and we were all greeted warmly. We have had very good communication with the school. My son is reading at a 2nd grade reading level and has made huge strides in every area. I definately credit this to the great work of his teachers, a terrific curriculum, and an appropriate homework regimine.

Posted April 21, 2010

Posted January 04, 2010
I really liked Grantswood. The teachers really worked with my autistic son. However, the administrative staff is very unprofessional.

Posted December 08, 2009
The school has a great academic program. However I'm not impressed with the staff. This is my child's 2nd year at Grantswood and I have not experienced the 'ever so friendly' atmosphere from the falcuty that I've come in contact with but as far as the academics, it's a great school.

Posted February 11, 2009
My daughter is almost done with Kindergarten at Grantswood and I am so impressed with this school. She is a sponge for knowledge anyway and with her accelerated learning she is already reading at a end of year 1st grader. The teachers and other facility are just amazing and so caring about all the students under there wing. I would recommend this school for K-2 to anyone new or old in the area!

Posted October 17, 2008
We just moved from Pinson to Trussville and Grantswood has made the transition great for our son .

Posted October 02, 2008
My son just started K-5 at Grantswood and the whole staff has made it so much easier to transition for me and my son. We were very concerned about how he would in real school. He is a very resistant to change and gets upset very easily, but he wakes up each day ready to go to school because he loves it. go.

Posted January 17, 2008
This is a very friendly school. They speak to you, not down to you! The really like being around the kids and care for them. They continue to improve and add programs. The principal is very level headed and she is very approachable. My twins attend Grantswood now and their father, aunt, uncle and older sister also went there. We love this school!

Grantswood Community Elementary School
5110 Grantswood Rd, Birmingham, AL  35210
Last modified Grantswood Community Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2
Grantswood Community Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top