Posted April 22, 2013
Austinville has one of the most caring staffs of any school I've ever seen. We truly love our students, and it shows in our compassion for them (providing food, coats, clothes, funeral costs for a sibling of a student), in our teaching (just walk down the halls and listen to the teachers as they teach!), and in the morale of the faculty. We are friends, as well as coworkers. We are led by a caring principal who provides whatever supplies and training we need, then trusts us to do our job. It is a joy and a pleasure to work with these professionals, and to be able to teach such a precious student body. I am blessed to work here!

Posted April 12, 2013
Austinville has one of the most caring staffs we have ever seen. The two years we were at Austinville instilled a love of learning into my children. Their teachers are constantly in contact with parents, their teachers and principal enjoy getting to know the families, and leadership is stressed at this school! We wish the school our children attend now could be more like Austinville!

Austinville Elementary School 2

Posted January 13, 2012
The teachers were actually sitting around in the office talking loudly about students when I walked in. It was terrible. The principal was in her office with the door open and could obviously hear them. Also, my son does not like music or the library at all. His former elementary school had fun and exciting programs. Here it seems that no one knows what is going on and in fourth grade they do so many worksheets. My son also says his teacher yells at the class and will lecture about behavior and use up all the class time.

Posted August 17, 2005
the pre-k programs is great. i love the teachers and everyone is great

Austinville Elementary School
2320 Clara Ave SW, Decatur, AL  35601
Last modified Austinville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Austinville Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top