Benjamin Davis Elementary School 0

Posted April 15, 2010
Ben Davis Elem. has such an awesome, open, fun learning environment with great success! The staff is always pleasant and the kids are so active in everything...it's very refreshing!

Posted November 05, 2007
My son has attended this school for two years now and we absolutely love it. The IB program is creative and challenging for the kids.

Posted June 03, 2007
This was my son's first year at Ben Davis. I found the new principal to be great, helpful and knew about the kids. My son's teacher was fabulous and did an awesome job of keeping him challenged. We moved here from another state two years ago and have found DCS phenominal! Any parent who is considering allowing their child to go to Ben Davis Magnet do not hesisate! This is a top-notch school. Parents, there are plenty of opportunities to get invoved if you wish. Be prepared for send a few extra dollars every few weeks for extra activities, t-shirts and such.

Posted June 21, 2006
I also miss teaching at Ben Davis. Not only were the students tremendously well behaved and intelligent, there was so much academic encouragemnt with parents and teachers in every aspect. Parent involment was fantastic, and the staff, teachers, and principal always made everyone feel welcomed. Any child who has the opportunity to attend Ben Davis is very fortnuate.

Posted April 15, 2004
Our family has been involved in the magnet program at Ben Davis for two years, now. I am continually amazed at not only how much my son has learned, but how much fun he has when he's learning. The way these teachers lead their classes is such a priveledge to witness. Large projects are just 'great big ways to play and learn'. I've realized that much of what is taught in this program is relatively the same 'curriculum' as any other public program. However, what is not the same is HOW the lessons are taught and learned. Furthermore, we get the 'icing' which includes chess club, spanish, drama, public speaking, invention convention, and so much more. I'm so thankful to be a part of Ben Davis and look forward to our years ahead at Gordon Bibb. I encourage anyone who has the opportunity to become a part of this program.

Benjamin Davis Elementary School
417 Monroe Dr NW, Decatur, AL  35601
Last modified Benjamin Davis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2
Benjamin Davis Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top