Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Disagree

I am an eye witness to the principal handling student disciplinary issues badly, reporting untruths to parents before proper investigations are completed and failing to notify all those involved of these discrepancies. Do your own investigations before disciplining your child over referrals.

I rated based on the experience that I am about to explain and not on the entire school experience. Let me first say that my child's teacher is exceptional, the food provided for lunch, its exceptional-I enjoy eating there on my lunch break. The lunch room workers are exceptional, kind and enjoyable...but, recently I was contacted about my child by the principal. She stated that my child hit another student and a referral was being completed. She advised me that she spoke with students whom witnessed it, my child was rude, to boot, when asked about the issue and would spank him if I were unable to attend immediately to this problem. I told her no, that this does not sound anything like my child and I would see to it when at home. I read the referral, it called him the perpetrator and the other, my kids close friend, the 'victim'. After speaking with my child I was able to ascertain that there was not only no hitting but no verbal altercation that preceded it. My child had no idea why the principal was speaking to him that day, or why a referral was even written. I contacted the principal the following day to let her know what I had discovered and she stated that upon 'further investigation, it was found that my child had never actually hit the student'-sorry, the 'victim', and she was keeping the referral. Her reasoning was because my child had, in excitement during a game, shook his friend by his shoulders. I doubt that, had I not contacted the principal that day, she would not have called me to let me know of her most recent findings. I also believe that, without me notifying his teacher of the discrepancy, she would not have been advised of it either. To this day, there are parents out there that believe my child hit their child.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Kids are being bullied by teacher the one who suppose protect and teach

My son has been bullied by students and teachers at this school. Last incident his teacher called him a coward and immature in front of the class. She finds anyway to knock his self-esteem down while I'm busy trying to build him up. Other parents have informed me that she also calls the students fools and stupid. We need better educators in our school system. My kid hates school at this point and something has to be done!! #Stopbullying in ALL SCHOOL SYSTEM!!

The principle at this school is a complete bully! There are good teachers at this school but there are some very HORRIBLE teachers as well. My daughter hates her teacher, and I don't blame her. Wanted her to be moved to a new class but the bully principle wouldn't allow it. She uses intimidation to try and shut the parents up. Principle is the worst thing ever! I won't be sending my daughter here anymore.

This is our second year at this school and I am not pleased at all by it. My child has been struggling and now at over halfway through the school year the school still fails to help my child. I do everything I possibly can to teach my child everything at home. However I am sending my child to school for 7 hours 5 days a week and the teacher fails to actually teach anything. This new principle they have is horrible and does not care about all the students equally. On top of my child having a teacher who doesn't know how to teach, the teacher is very knit-picky and 'flags'/deducts points from there conduct scores for every little thing she possibly can. Its very sad that my child got placed in a class with a teacher who only knows how to teach by a manual telling her what to do and say. She is not fun and has no compassion for children. I have asked and demanded several times for my child to be placed with a new teacher, however like I expected the principle doesn't care enough to see that my child would be better off with a BETTER teacher.

While they rank high in overall grades of their students, I have not been pleased with other factors of this school. With the growing obesity in children and constant literature they provide about healthy children, I find it ironic they can't run at recess nor a "fast walk". From my experience, I don't believe the children are treating equally in terms of discipline. If your child has any behavior issues, you may want to think again about this school. I promise they will be titled a trouble maker and will be reprimanded for things the teachers do not see or hear themselves. While my son is not an angel by any means, he has been trying very hard to improve his behavior yet he will be the only child, in a group acting up, who receives punishment. Now I'm not na ve, I know kids won't take responsibility for their actions, but when my son comes home on a regular basis crying because he is trying very hard and either not partaking or hasn't done anything, yet receives the blame and get the points deducted from his conduct grade, then the teacher has no explanation for you-you begin to wonder just what is going on. We are selling our house just to get away from this school.

I LOVE this school! Both of my daughters are in this school (5th and K) and both see special area teachers. The teachers and special are teachers are all AWESOME. I am scared for the teachers at the middle school because this mommy has been spoiled with Hidden Lake's fantastic teachers. FYI this school has the best PTO ever.

Our foster/adoptive kids all attended Hidden Lake and we believe that the staff and curriculum are both excellent. The teachers are attentive and helpful and, with the replacement of the previous principal, the entire staff seems to be working together. We have had a few teachers who were marginal but most are truly outstanding and we didn't want the overall rating to suffer for the few who are overachievers.

Hidden Lake Elementary is a great school with a staff that strives to maintain a loving environment for students to grow and learn in.

Last modified Hidden Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.