Dothan, AL

Hidden Lake Elementary School 1

Posted January 29, 2015
This is our second year at this school and I am not pleased at all by it. My child has been struggling and now at over halfway through the school year the school still fails to help my child. I do everything I possibly can to teach my child everything at home. However I am sending my child to school for 7 hours 5 days a week and the teacher fails to actually teach anything. This new principle they have is horrible and does not care about all the students equally. On top of my child having a teacher who doesn't know how to teach, the teacher is very knit-picky and 'flags'/deducts points from there conduct scores for every little thing she possibly can. Its very sad that my child got placed in a class with a teacher who only knows how to teach by a manual telling her what to do and say. She is not fun and has no compassion for children. I have asked and demanded several times for my child to be placed with a new teacher, however like I expected the principle doesn't care enough to see that my child would be better off with a BETTER teacher.

Hidden Lake Elementary School 2

Posted March 20, 2014
While they rank high in overall grades of their students, I have not been pleased with other factors of this school. With the growing obesity in children and constant literature they provide about healthy children, I find it ironic they can't run at recess nor a "fast walk". From my experience, I don't believe the children are treating equally in terms of discipline. If your child has any behavior issues, you may want to think again about this school. I promise they will be titled a trouble maker and will be reprimanded for things the teachers do not see or hear themselves. While my son is not an angel by any means, he has been trying very hard to improve his behavior yet he will be the only child, in a group acting up, who receives punishment. Now I'm not na ve, I know kids won't take responsibility for their actions, but when my son comes home on a regular basis crying because he is trying very hard and either not partaking or hasn't done anything, yet receives the blame and get the points deducted from his conduct grade, then the teacher has no explanation for you-you begin to wonder just what is going on. We are selling our house just to get away from this school.

Posted January 10, 2014
I LOVE this school! Both of my daughters are in this school (5th and K) and both see special area teachers. The teachers and special are teachers are all AWESOME. I am scared for the teachers at the middle school because this mommy has been spoiled with Hidden Lake's fantastic teachers. FYI this school has the best PTO ever.

Posted January 08, 2014
Our foster/adoptive kids all attended Hidden Lake and we believe that the staff and curriculum are both excellent. The teachers are attentive and helpful and, with the replacement of the previous principal, the entire staff seems to be working together. We have had a few teachers who were marginal but most are truly outstanding and we didn't want the overall rating to suffer for the few who are overachievers.

Posted November 25, 2008
Hidden Lake Elementary is a great school with a staff that strives to maintain a loving environment for students to grow and learn in.

Posted July 17, 2008

Posted November 07, 2007
Hidden Lake is a great school. My sons are currently enrolled in 4th and 5th grade there. They enjoy their teachers and learn much. They both go on field trips. The principal is excellent.

Posted August 08, 2007

Hidden Lake Elementary School 3

Posted December 15, 2006
I am pleased with how quickly both of my children learned and grew in this school. One of my children began K knowing 11 of her letters and could count to 13. By the beginning of 1st grade she had advanced to 2nd grade reading and math and by the middle of the year was bringing home 3rd grade reading level books. I am, however, EXTREMELY disapointed with the staff. The correspondence sent home lack proper explanations, forcing parents to call or write to the school and then having to wait until it's convenient for the school to respond. The teachers seem excellent, but the office staff needs A LOT of help. A+ to the teachers, D- to the staff.

Posted December 04, 2003
This school is better than anything I have seen, and that is due to the excellent staff. Having an LD child makes you be cautious. The staff at Hidden Lake has been our family.

Hidden Lake Elementary School
1475 Prevatt Rd, Dothan, AL  36301
Last modified Hidden Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hidden Lake Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top