Bad
Good

My daughter had a good time at Holly Hill. Could Holly Hill improve.....YES!!!! However, she did look forward to going to school everyday. There was one major problem that we did have. A 5th grade teacher, Kristina Byrd. She was very disrespectful, rude, and didn't put the children's interest first.

This school is UNSAFE! My child was terrified of a family member who was allowed to walk down the halls any time without even checking in the front office. Wide open doors, unavailable and excessively absent principal. Huge amount of faculty resign or transfer each year.

Ha!!! Good luck with this school. You are better off home schooling you're child,or if you're military just go to Rucker. These locals need to realize there is so much more to this world outside if enterprise! The city of "progress" ha

Both my son and my daughter attended HHES and had different experiences. Holly Hill does not receive Title 1 funding so that is one of the reasons for so much of the fundraising and yes, there does seem to be a bit of it which is not to my liking but it is a way for the school to raise funds to improve it. My son has had an excellent experience the last 3 years due to his teachers and classmates being so helpful but my daughter hated her time at Holly Hill because she was not a ribbons and ruffles kind of girl and she had a hard time with one of her teachers but I do still feel like it is a very good school with some incredible teachers that really do care. We came from Fayetteville, NC at a school where the teacher could literally not have cared less about the kids education but was definitely concerned about winning the AR contest so this was a great change for us!

I would rate Holly Hill as "average". It has a reputation for being elite but I don't think it's any better than the other elementary schools in Enterprise. They benefit greatly from parent involvement (most of the Moms don't work, upper wage earning families live in this school zone) but the fundraising is excessive. Kids shouldn't be pressured into having to sell stuff several times per year. I think there were 5-6 different ones last year! I don't feel the principal is very warm or welcoming. She always seemed too busy to discuss important matters regarding my children. Once I was told she only had 10 minutes to talk to me and as a parent, if I felt that my child didn't matter to her or the school. The school puts way TOO much emphasis on standardized testing, too. My kids were so nervous they would fail their grade if they didn't achieve a high enough score, or their teacher would be fired for doing poorly on the tests. It was ridiculous! Kids shouldn't be seen as a number, they should be appreciated and treasured for who they are.

This was my child's first year at Holly Hill. She was in the first grade. I have never been happier. Her teacher Mrs. H. did a fabulous job. My daughter was not a very good reader before this year began, but now due to her 1st grade teacher, she is an excellent reader! I hope that my daughter has a teacher as dedicated as Mrs. H. when she goes to second grade.

My children just finished 3rd /5th grade here at Holly Hill after a move from Washington State. They were drastically behind at the beginning of the year here. We are not a military family and have no ties to this community other than it's where we landed for my husband's career. So, I feel like my opinion of this school is completely unbiased.This year our children's academic growth has been AMAZING and it's hard to believe they are the same kids. The school implements a school wide parent/student accountability weekly communication system that helps parents stay knowledgeable of their child's scores and classroom work. It's invaluable to parents and I wish every school did this! The school also grades on an A to F scale, which I personally feel helps parents see exactly where their child needs help. The teachers, staff and parent volunteers are amazing here ensuring every student success. Our children have grown so much and LOVED this school. As for the lack of art and music classes, well, I guess I would prefer my child to master Reading, Writing and Arithmetic first. And there is only so many hours in a school day. These teachers work SO hard. Thank you Holly Hill!

My daughter went to Holly Hill last year for 1st grade, and we moved to NC this year. Looking back, I am very impressed with the education she received at Holly Hill. We are in a great school here in NC, but because of the education she received in the Enterprise City School system, she was ahead of her peers in reading, and math. She is now in the gifted program at our new school because the students spent most of the school year playing catch up to her. My husband and I thank Mrs. Bradshaw and the faculty and staff of Holly Hill for the nurturing, caring, and achievement driven atmosphere they provided for my child during her time at Holly Hill. I'd also like to add that we are both military and minorities. I'm glad we didn't experience any of the biases stated in the previous review.

I'm not impressed with the quality of education my daughter is receiving. I'm actually considering homeschooling my child. Children are stigmatized here. I actually overheard one of the PTO officers complaining that she didn't want her child sitting with a child from a different socioeconomic group. Some of these people need to venture outside Enterprise, AL. Maybe then they would understand the world a little better. I have often seen minorities grouped together. This school could definitely use a little culture. If you have strong roots in the community and the appropriate last name then this is the school for you. If you're military, I would recommend a different one.

I love Holly Hill Elementary. My husband is in the military and our family just moved here a year ago and like so many parents you want to know about the best school to send your child and Holly Hill is it. The teacher that my son had in 1st grade was AMAZING I can not say enough about her and some of the other 1st grade teachers I met we're also great. Too Mr. Jimenez I would suggest you call the school district about ESL or the school considering school starts in 2 weeks. I hope this help.

Last modified Holly Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.