Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted July 14, 2015
Kilby is a fantastic academic opportunity with all fantastic teachers. Also UNA offers many amenities such as swimming and many forms of art. My sister and I both went to Kilby and could not be happier with our choice. After Kilby I went to Florence Middle School and was completely prepared for all subjects; scoring much above average in all. Another amenity of Kilby is the Gifted program. When I was in you have a chance to show your creativity. Kilby is also technologically advanced; my class was doing power points in the 3rd grade. Overall Kilby is a fantastic school and I plan to send my future kids there.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 14, 2015
We had quite a bit of homework but that was how we were able to stay ahead and keep our test scores high. We defiantly had more than most schools but we got it and practiced it better than most other schools.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 14, 2015
Kilby definitely develops respect in its students, for the teachers/students, for education, and the community. I remember walking into Florence Middle School completely prepared and ahead of most kids.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 14, 2015
The best elementary teachers in Florence! They all are the most intelligent caring people you will ever meet, and I couldn't ask for better people to have taught me.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 14, 2015
More than any other elementary school in Florence, our classes our clearly more difficult and technologically accelerated. I remember our kindergarten classes use Ipads and our third grade classes are already doing power points.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 14, 2015
From the seven years I was at Kilby I have never had a teacher that I did not feel comfortable talking too. Also if I had a problem (which I rarely did) I knew that I could talk to any of them. Also the teachers at KIlby just love what they do! Most schools have teachers that don't care, but Kilby only hires the best of the best!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 14, 2015
All the parents and teachers are very involved in the student's lives. I know from personal experience as a former student that the teachers demand respect and politeness; the teachers are also not mean but are sometimes strict.

Kilby Laboratory School 2

Posted November 10, 2010
I went Here Ever Since January 2005 (when i was in kindergarden) I HATED THIS SCHOOL AND SO DID MY PARENTS!!!!! The school is ok, but 2nd grade was very bad. I moved to forest hills for 3rd to 4th. and i think forest hills is the place to go.

Posted September 18, 2006
Kilby is a great school, but there is no music program. Instead there is a wonderful Spanish program.

Posted October 08, 2005
This is the best elementary school in the area, academically and otherwise. One of the most striking differences to other schools is that the Kilby students are extremely well behaved. The only downside is that it is very difficult to get your child into this school unless you are a University of North Alabama employee. Then again, the children are taught according to the most up to date information, and all of the 4th-6th graders now have personal laptops. Parents are extremely involved, and the PTO is very active. Also, many parents are university professors and might come to give special lessons on their specialties. Since the school is a laboratory school, the teaching is constantly evaluated, and the teachers must keep up to date with their teaching methods. The school also has its own afterschool program from 3 pm to 5 pm. The school has a new principal (fall 2005).

615 North Pine St, Florence, AL  35632
Last modified Kilby Laboratory School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.