Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My kids have been going to this school for a couple years now and I think I have enough know of the school to leave a feedback now. Beware of this school it has a overwhelming line of bullying complaints by others that have left the school and moved to better schools. Education could be better as my kids already learned things 2 years ago at their past school. If your looking for an academic strong school, this school is not up to par. Parents and teachers have their groups and make sure those kids get noticed first and get the special treatment. There is a lot of favoritism played at this school, which trickles down to the kids. They lack in extra-activities for kids to chose from. The school has a very big drug problem that gets swept under the rug and lack in discipline of students and accountability. It's mostly ran my family and not enough diversity of teachers that bring new ideas and teaching to the school. Some teacher's are lazy with their teaching and a lot of students spend class time in the gym's while sports teacher is dealing with their teams. Instead of doing their teaching in a class, their subject they were hired to teach. I strongly suggest another school if your looking to put your kids in this school.

My older 2 children graduated from DAR and being a military family where we had transferred many times t was nice to have a great school they called home. This is a small town school and everyone knows everyone where by the kids don't get away with bad behavior cause someone's gonna tell. (Takes a village to raise a child) . I love that. I guess if I had anything I was disappointed in with this school is the acceptance of people from the outside. Meaning you weren't born and raised on that mountain you struggle to get any acceptance in the community. This includes the kids and the families. My son graduated in 2008 my daughter in 2010 I currently have a son in 8th grade. The teaching staff and the principals of both the middle school and the high school are beyond reproach. They are very committed to the best the children can become and really work hard to insure they meet their goals in all areas. How many parents can say you let our 7th grade son go to a school football game and try to call him on his cell phone which he has left lying on the ground somewhere and the High School principal answers the phone addresses you by name and locates your middle school child.

My son has attended DAR Elementary School for the past three years. I have been very impressed with the quality of education he has received and I view DAR as one of the top schools in Marshall County, if not in all of Alabama. DAR offers a small town charm with all of the scholastic benefits of a larger school. The school receives additional funding from the members of the DAR, which allows it to be the only county school to have a nurse on staff full-time and continued art programs. I cannot say enough good things about DAR; it has been a positive and rewarding experience for my son.

I don't think that it is fair that the students have to pay a fee for this and that. Especially, I don't think it is right for you all to tell them they can't graduate if they don't pay the fee. What happen to free education. That's a laugh. We pay our taxes for our schools. The school system should do something. There are people whom live pay check to pay check and cannot afford such luxury's. So the ones whom can, make the others feel be little. Thanks

Last modified Kate D Smith Dar High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.