Grant, AL

Posted September 12, 2013
My older 2 children graduated from DAR and being a military family where we had transferred many times t was nice to have a great school they called home. This is a small town school and everyone knows everyone where by the kids don't get away with bad behavior cause someone's gonna tell. (Takes a village to raise a child) . I love that. I guess if I had anything I was disappointed in with this school is the acceptance of people from the outside. Meaning you weren't born and raised on that mountain you struggle to get any acceptance in the community. This includes the kids and the families. My son graduated in 2008 my daughter in 2010 I currently have a son in 8th grade. The teaching staff and the principals of both the middle school and the high school are beyond reproach. They are very committed to the best the children can become and really work hard to insure they meet their goals in all areas. How many parents can say you let our 7th grade son go to a school football game and try to call him on his cell phone which he has left lying on the ground somewhere and the High School principal answers the phone addresses you by name and locates your middle school child.

Kate D Smith Dar High School 0

Posted May 24, 2009
My son has attended DAR Elementary School for the past three years. I have been very impressed with the quality of education he has received and I view DAR as one of the top schools in Marshall County, if not in all of Alabama. DAR offers a small town charm with all of the scholastic benefits of a larger school. The school receives additional funding from the members of the DAR, which allows it to be the only county school to have a nurse on staff full-time and continued art programs. I cannot say enough good things about DAR; it has been a positive and rewarding experience for my son.

Kate D Smith Dar High School 3

Posted May 20, 2007
I don't think that it is fair that the students have to pay a fee for this and that. Especially, I don't think it is right for you all to tell them they can't graduate if they don't pay the fee. What happen to free education. That's a laugh. We pay our taxes for our schools. The school system should do something. There are people whom live pay check to pay check and cannot afford such luxury's. So the ones whom can, make the others feel be little. Thanks

Posted November 01, 2006

Posted November 01, 2006

Kate D Smith Dar High School 3

Posted August 05, 2004

Posted February 06, 2004
In the past my youngest daughter absolutely hated school, it was an act of congress to get her to go to school everyday. Since starting school at DAR she has missed only one day for being sick and she didn't want to miss that day. I have never been so happy to say that my daughter really loves attending school at DAR. She doesn't even want to be out of school for breaks. She counts the days until she can go back to school.

Kate D Smith Dar High School
6077 Main St, Grant, AL  35747
Last modified Kate D Smith Dar High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kate D Smith Dar High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top