Hueytown Elementary School

Public | K-5

Posted September 4, 2014

The staff here is extremely unprofessional and rude. They also take advantage of low income working parents.

Posted January 15, 2014

The teachers and the staff have helped my daughter tremendously and always are there and encouraging for her.Her grades have improved and character.

Posted January 15, 2014

1Pg 2 It depends on the teacher and if your child wants to get help with their work if they don't understand. My child was trying to get help on social studies cause she didn't understand the work, the sub for her teacher thought they where talking and diseplined the class for thinking they where cheating instead of asking the kids why they where talking. So the sub didn't even let the kids tell her why they where talking now my child doesn't like that sub any more and my child was real up set about this cause she's not one that gets in trouble at all.

Posted May 16, 2013

My grandson attends Hueytown and this was his first year..We have very pleased with the teachers, the principal, and parent involvement, looking forward to next year!

Posted June 20, 2010

I was very unpleased with this school and the adminstration. The teachers never had time to speak with parents they fail to respond to any concerns I had about my childrens grades. The new assistant principle she is extremly rude and fake. This was the worst school year that I have ever experienced. I don't recommend this school to anyone The office staff is very rude as well.

Posted March 10, 2010

hueytown elm. is a great school for your children. we have enjoyed this school for several yrs

Posted September 26, 2009

This is a great school that my son loves

Posted July 28, 2009

I am a grandparent and think Hueytown Elementary is one of the best around. Great programs, teachers and office staff.

Posted July 25, 2009

Hueytown Elementary is a well-run, organized, and caring school! I love how well the faculty and staff work together!! Hueytown strives to do what's best for its students!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 27, 2009

My son was in 4th grade this year and it was a great year! The teachers he had (Mrs. Ragland, Mrs. Jones & Ms. Hart) were excellent!! I would recommend these teachers any day!! The principal Mrs. Hendrix is leaving and we are hoping that the new principal will be our assistant principal Mr. Henderson. He loves all of the kids at our school.

Posted January 12, 2009

So far I am pleased!!!!! My daughter is in Kindergarten. I am impressed with her vocabulary as well as her eagerness to want to read more. Hes is the number one reason I moved to Hueytown. Way to go Mrs. Moran!

Posted December 5, 2008

We love HES. My child is in First Grade and is in Ms. Morpeth's class she loves it. Ms. Morpeth treats these kids like they are her own. We are truley blessed for her to be in our little girls life. Also, Mrs. Waldrop (k) is a wonderful teacher to she sets the foundation for these kids their first year of school - we love her too! The Harrell Family

Posted July 6, 2008

The reason that I moved to Hueytown was becasue of all the great thing that I heard about the school. I have to admit that they were right and I love the school and so does my daughter.

Posted June 26, 2008

I too have kids that attend hueytown elementary and we enjoy it. Coming from a private school I thought they would fall behind but they have managed to keep an A average. My first grader also had Mrs. Morpeth and I must say she really encouraged my daughter to excel to her highest potential.

Posted June 4, 2008

Mrs. Morpeth is the greatest for first grade.

Posted May 29, 2008

This school is wonderful. Yes, they do have their share of fundraisers but what school in Jefferson County doesn't? I have a 5th grader and a 1st grader there and they both enjoy school (as much as most kids do). The entire staff is wonderful. So, for anyone to say that the staff there was too busy dealing with their personal stuff is simply wrong. We all have personal things we have to deal with on our jobs sometimes. For any person to post negative comments here regarding this school just shows how ill-informed they are. HES is great. Keep in mind parents, your kisd get out of their education what you (and they) put into it. So, before you point fingers and say that such and such is wrong, step up, help correct any issue you may see.

Posted August 10, 2005

I am very displeased with the administration at HES. Very unorganized! Office aid to busy chatting about their personal matters to do their job. My child comes home upset because he feels left out. If you do not sell the fundraiser items your child cannot attend their school fundraiser mega party. They ask our children to sell this crap and if they do not no mega party for them. How do they think this makes a child feel? I have to be the bad parent for not letting my child sell this dollar store junk. Where is the tax money going?

Posted March 26, 2005

Hueytown Elementary is the absolute #1 Elementary school I have ever seen. It is an asset to our community. I have one son that went to Hueytown from Kindergarten until 5th grade (the whole time), almost every one of his teachers were very attentive to him and his classmates in every need they had. In fact, his 4th grade teacher got my son started in honors classes and a Duke University Talent Search Program that he is still a part of today! Now, my younger son started kindergarten this year. My younger son has never been to daycare his whole life! His kindergarten teacher is wonderful. He enjoys school now and I enjoy being his room mother. The safety of the children is always taken care of. The Principal and Vice principal are strict but fair. All the kids love all of the staff and teachers. A+.

Posted February 16, 2005

I am very displeased with this HES. My child is in first grade and hates going to school. As opposed to last year my child loved school. The difference is my child is made to feel 'stupid' by her teacher. Her self esteem has dropped tremendously this year. Also, her teacher has missed quite a few days of school taking away from my child's education. The substitutes have asked me what they normally do. As if I would know. I have been at the school many times trying to get my child the education my taxes are paying for. I just get the run around. I will not be sending my children to HES next year. They deserve better and that's what they'll get.

Posted August 19, 2004

I have 3 children enrolled at Hueytown Elementary. I have to say that the teachers and everyone else is dedicated to the children. My children love school, and every teacher in the school. Thank You Hueytown for all you have done for the kids at the elementary school.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 87% in 2013.

Scale: % level 3 or 4

In 2012-2013 Alabama used the Alabama Reading and Mathematics Test (ARMT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math. The ARMT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Alabama. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 93% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 89% in 2013.

All Students93%

Not migrant89%
Poverty86%
Not poverty96%
Scale: % level 3 or 4

The different student groups are identified by the Alabama Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students82%

Not migrant86%
Poverty82%
Not poverty93%

Science

The state average for Science was 82% in 2013.

Scale: % level 3 or level 4

In 2012-2013 Alabama used the Alabama Science Assessment (ASA) to test students in grades 5 and 7 in science. The ASA is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Alabama. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficiency level 3.

Science

• Mr Terry Henderson
Fax number
  • (205) 397-4145

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Apply now