PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

The CDS Preschool is exceptional! The teachers are extremely warm and caring! They teach the children in a manner that fosters a love of learning and encourages early development of creative & critical thinking skills. The classroom and playground are delightful -- they remind me of my kindergarten classroom! The preschool program effectively incorporates the project-based Reggio Emilia Approach of early childhood education into the daily activities. Our child attended another preschool prior to CDS it did not come close to CDS s preschool program. I highly recommend CDS s Preschool!

No Books, No Lunch, No Transportation, No Uniforms. What does $7000 go for? This school is a HUGE disappointment!

Our five year old grandson is going to CDS and absolutely loves it! He was even disappointed when we didn't enroll him for the summer school program last year. He went there for two years of preschool and is in kindergarten now. The teachers are wonderful and seem to really care about the children. This is a great environment with small class sizes where each child's learning styles are accommodated as well as possible. The students are even able to go out on nature walks to the creek and short hikes as weather permits which our grandson loves. So recreation time isn't just playing on a playground, but they can do that too if they wish. Sherri Naff is the director and is really a treasure. Our son went to CDS for awhile twenty some years ago and he loved it too. We were unable to continue with private school back then- and wish we had been able to. But now we're able to help make that possible for our grandson to attend.

The school year is coming to an end and I hate to see my child leave this wonderful school. He has been here several years and he had grown and learned so much on an academic and emotional level. The teaching methods have allowed him to become secure in himself and in dealing with a diverse group of people. Recently, he took a test to get into a private high school and did very well proving he obtained a quality education and that our money was well spent. The school provides a physical and emotionally safe environment that I don't believe is available at other schools.. The school also allows for parent involvement that assists the child development. The teachers are so great I wish my child could stay at CDS for another year.

The CDS preschool is fabulous and absolutely worth the money. In addition to the normal "circle time" work students get at any school, there's a montessori feel: children get free time to play with the many educational toys around the room. Some teachers go from child to child, helping make whichever toy the child chooses educational (like working on sorting, fine motor skills, reading books, etc.) while another teacher pulls the kids out one at a time to work on academics. This tailors to the child - kids just learning letters get letter work, but the teachers are also willing to do phonics, addition, telling time, etc. I'm not looking forward to sending my daughter to a public kindergarten, because I know she won't get the individual attention there that she does at Country Day.

This is an amazing small private school that offers a personalized approach to education. They use project based learning and technology to be sure their students are well prepared for the 21st century. Arts are valued as are global languages and cultures. This is a caring environment with traditional values. I highly recommend this school for preschool to 8 th grade

Country day has been a really blessing for my children. Excellent academics in a warm caring environment. I highly rec this school

An excellent school in Huntsville especially if you are looking for a secular school. The teachers are very caring of the children and set high expectations. We have been very impressed. Our son attends the Transional kindergarten class.

I love The Country Day School. My children are are so happy there and love learning because of the positive environment. If any issues arise the teachers are quick to address it and work with the parents to resolve any issues with the children. Not only have they and the staff helped them become eager learners, they have also helped them develop personally in a positive way. One of my children had been enrolled in another school and was so unhappy, depressed and not doing well accademically. We transferred him to The Country Day school and he is so happy and thriving - all he wants is straight A's and to do the right thing. Our whole household is so much happier with the positive change. All the staff is simply wonderful!

CDS has amazing academics but I think the teachers are too involved with the children's personal lives; especially in the upper elementary. Some teachers probably should've minded their own business about certain things, but sometimes teachers wouldn't even listen when a student had to tell/explain something. But academically this school is by far the best.

Last modified The Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8