9-12|Private

Bad
Good

I am a former student and I can honestly say that I could not be more thrilled with my education. I am very lucky to be able to receive the education that I have because I honestly feel that it paid off when I came to college. I am a sophomore in college and the expectation to get A's and B's is still there for me due to my prior education habits...studying, note taking, etc. And when I was in the old building, which yes, was rough around the edges the same education and religious foundations were built. The building was a building. The main goal was to make a Catholic high school for the area so that all of the students from the feeder schools could choose to continue their Catholic education. Like I said I am very grateful for my education and the religious foundations that were built. The teachers are AMAZING and are there for the students and the Principal is literally the nicest and best thing for the school. If you have to opportunity to send your child here I HIGHLY recommend it. You won't regret it.

We are close to God and our main purpose is to ensure that every student walks out of here with the strongest relationship with God that he/she can obtain and carries it on for his/her entire life. GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really enjoy going to CHS. While the work is really hard and we have alot of homework, it is an excellent school. Everybody knows everyone else and the school is like a big family. Mr. Aquilla is an amazing principal and knows every student and communicates with everyone. He is also very into going to the sports. The only thing that I do not like is that some of the students that are let in go there because they were expelled from other schools and they are not very good influences. Other then that, the school is challenging and I love it. :)

My daughter graduated from CHS in May of 2008. She was in the National Honor Society, and was accepted to Auburn University's School of Architecture. She also qualified for two (2) scholarships at Auburn. At CHS, she learned discipline, time management, study skills, and personal responsibility. I am convinced that she will have a very successful carreer at Auburn, due in large measure to her preparation at CHS. All of the teachers are caring, dedicated educators. The administration knows each student personally. Most students can participate in atheletics, if they want. They student body is overwhelmingly goal oriented and college bound. Most come from families where both parents are well educated. The building is the only reason that I did not rate the school 5 star. Anew site has been purchased and a buuilding program is underway. Both my daughter and I are very pleased with her high school experience at CHS.

This high school is excellent. It received the most scholarship money per senior in North Alabama. The guidance counselor actually knows each student and his or her potential before their junior year. The faculty and principal care about what the students learn in the classroom and allso that each student learns that they are important to their community. Although the athletic program does not have onsite facilities that meet every need, the staff works together to provide competitive programs in almost every sport. Catholic High is a great opportunity for students in Huntsville to excel.

This school is in horrific shape. The building is not safe and would not be a great place to be in a storm. It looks like it could fall down anysecond. There are holes in the walls and rats in the basement. The teachers are mediocre. There are some good teachers but they dont have the supplies they need to teach efficiently. The academics are no better than those of a public school. The atheletics program is dreadful. There are not any fields or a gym. The bottom line is that this school is not worth the 6000 dollars a year. A better education and better facilities can be found at a public school. The students at the school widely bash the school and the administration for the lack of a decent building. The administration continually promises a new building but they did not come through in the past 10 years.

Last modified Pope John Paul Ii Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12