Huntsville, AL

Posted August 08, 2014
My experience with this school has been great. We haven't had any problems or issues so far.

Posted July 31, 2014
This school has been awesome! The school has gotten a bad rap from past parents due to the leadership at this school. With a complete overhaul in leadership from the top down and new PTA leadership this school has turned things around. My son started school here and my daughter graduated from here.

Farley Elementary School 4

Posted May 28, 2014
As with most schools, parent/family involvement is key to a Great School. Parents are coming together at Farley and are making a positive difference! I see and hear their enthusiasm, and their passion for supporting our teachers is heart warming. The teachers do a great job and genuinely care about their students. My children enjoy going to school, and their teachers inspire them to learn and grow...and not only their own teacher but teachers they see in the hallway give them encouragement. When I hear their stories in the afternoon of how a teacher has uplifted them, it makes me smile as a parent and reassures me that they are right where they belong. One of my children had a vision issue, yet has good vision, but the teacher made a point to talk with me about subtle things noticed in class. As a result, my child was screened and a treatment was prescribed that will make learning easier and a lot more fun. I am personally excited to watch this school grow and become an even greater school. If you're considering Farley for your child(ren), visit the school/talk to teachers/talk with the PTA Board/talk with other involved parents...Farley is the best kept secret in SE HSV.

Farley Elementary School 1

Posted November 13, 2013
My family experience at Farley was horrible. My son was bullied,called horrible names etc. This school may be good for some but for sure not for my family. I can't write all that I want to say because this site has guidelines.

Farley Elementary School 4

Posted March 02, 2010
Farley is an excellent school. Yes, test scores are not exceedingly high for the lower grades, but as the grade increases, so do the scores. As a parent who used to focus on test scores I discovered that schools who score high on the standard tests basically teach the test on a daily basis. All questions are formatted exactly like the test and only situations given on the test are taught. When moving to Huntsville, I focused on other things, like life skills, adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, reading comprehension, no matter the level and the ability to be a part of a controlled, but flexible environment. This school works with your child, no matter the level of disability or accelerated learning level. The staff is diverse and so are the options available in the school for students with special needs and/or accelerated needs. Highly recommend!

Posted December 15, 2009

Farley Elementary School 0

Posted November 18, 2009
I have two children, one currently at Farley and the other went to Farley and is now at Grissom. Farley is a great school, has a very caring principal, has wonderful teachers and they all give 110%. The school has a lot of diversity, so don't be fooled by the scoring method used on this website. My oldest got a great education at Farley and maintained top grades at Challenger Middle and has continued top grades at Grissom High. My child currently at Farley is doing very well in all subjects but he struggles in reading. They have helped and encouraged him greatly! I have seen great improvement with his reading skills and that is because they care! The office staff, principal, lunchroom, all teachers, aides and janitors are wonderful! Best elementary school in S. Huntsville!!

Posted October 14, 2009

Posted May 15, 2008
I have been involved with Farley for 8 years. As a parent of a special needs child and a normal child, you could not ask for a better school. The principle Dr. White has been the biggest supporter of the special needs and has created a great program for these kids and has always hired excellent teachers. Other Huntsville City Schools should model their special needs programs after Farley especially the upper grade schools. Initially I was not involved much with the PTA but have ended up serving on the PTA Board the past two years. All I can say is the PTA cares about the children and teachers and works hard to provide the best possible learning environment. What a fun team to work with.

Posted February 26, 2008
best school in in the city. the staff are seconf to none. had a chance to ear lunch w/my child last month and the food was top notch. props to the kitchen manager.

Farley Elementary School
2900 Green Cove Rd SW, Huntsville, AL  35803
Last modified Farley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Farley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top