Bad
Good

I have 2 children at this school. The academics are phenomenal. The only reason I don't give this 4 stars is I think there needs to be more physical fitness opportunities for the students outside of gym class freshman year. Physical fitness is every bit as important as academics. Afterschool sports clubs would make this school perfect.

This is my senior year at New Century, and though you might think I would be more than excited about graduating and leaving high school strictly to my memories, it's quite a bittersweet event. Before NCTHS, I had never attended, nor heard of, a school where the teachers treat you like actual human beings. The teachers truly care about their students and actually help them, not just view them as a ticket to a paycheck. NC is the first school I have gone to consecutively since elementary school, and with good reason. Since (almost) every student strives for a good education and life of happiness, we get along and work together as more of a family than just a class. Being a small school, we know each other's names, we help each other, and we all want to be able to hug each other after walking across the stage in May. To any parent of a future student reading this, I highly recommend you enroll your child. Take it from a student getting ready to leave, the experience is great, the teachers are wonderful and clearly know what they are doing, and, all around, it is truly a wonderful school.

This school has such a great concept, students get to learn technology now instead of when it costs me money in college or tech school. They don't have sports but the kids can compete at their home schools and they have other after school programs that fit their students like Cyber Security team, Programming Team, plus the traditional school clubs like Science, Language clubs, year book etc. I am happy I sent my son to NCTHS

I've been to quite a few schools, and as a student, I must say... this is without a doubt the best. Sure, it has its ups and downs, but anyone could easily distinguish a New Century student from any other (Say... Columbia?). The students are mostly people who want to actually learn, so you don't see the same kind of ignorant behavioral problems you do with other schools (or at a lesser degree, at least. It's getting worse as new lines of freshmen come in and corrupt the student population, but New Century is still better than any other place I've ever been). I've never really considered 'nerd' an insult, but here, we take pride in our intelligence! Long live the underdog! We are here!

I'm a student at New Century and I love my school. It may get difficult at times but that's the point. School shouldn't be easy and you should be challenged. The teachers I have are very intelligent and know their subjects. I have seen people fail but usually because they don't care or don't want to be there in the first place. I really have no sympathy for those students since they shouldn't be there. All in all, New Century is a great school if you want to step up and take control of your willingness to learn.

NCTHS is the one of the best schools i ever been to it great for students that care about how educated they wont to be. im a student and i may have some hard times with passing but i care about what i want to be so im willing to work hard at it. if you are thinking about going to this school you better have the will power to do it if you dont than this is not the school for you. i am prould to be apart of NCTHS.

New Century is a good school. We switched to the AB schedule this year. I DON'T like it. Also, we are connected to Columbia HS.

this school is really beneficial to my personal learning needs and it is in a really great environment.

I totally agree with the parent posting dated October 5. I have written, called and emailed a couple of teachers who obviously felt it was not in their job duties to communicate with me. Unfortunately, the administration of this school did not take my complaints seriously. My child failed the classes with these teachers and I feel this is a direct result from educators who simply did not care. Don't get me wrong - there are other educators at this school who will give above and beyond what I think a teacher should be willing to do. One class had a teacher leave mid-semester and there ended up being over seven substitutes for the remainder of the school year. It isn't unusual for a student to be uprooted from a class and switched to another teacher in mid-semester, further disrupting the learning process.

It is not so much that I disagree with the other reviews, but their experiences most certainly have been different. Some of the things I have seen are just unbelievable. Everything from teachers who make the (high school) students stand in a corner when they misbehave to, tutors who do not know the subject matter and some who do not understand the school policy. I thought it was a great idea that New Century was attached to Columbia High School, well this is far from true. New Century Students are not allowed to use the gym and cannot join in any of Columbia sports. This is sad and a detriment to our students educational experience. I have asked for a listing of my daughters teachers qualifications / education and have never received this information to date. There is much more!

Last modified New Century Technology High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12