Posted November 04, 2010
My granddaughter has been attending West Jasper School since Kindergarten and now she is in the 2nd grade. The teachers we have had experienced with have been good. Teachers are very eager to teach the children. Mr. Smith will be missed he was good and very concern with building up West Jasper School and he did. Mrs. Pilling is also doing a great job with the school. Also Ms. Duncan does a great job w/helping the parents with different questions that are called in to the office all day long. Keep up the good work. Thank you!

Posted August 20, 2009

Posted August 20, 2009
West Jasper is the best elm. school in Walker county,, the best environment for learning, the best and most caring teachers and staff. Mr. Smith will be greatly missed, but with the guidance he left his staff these children will go far. Unlike other schools in this area the mix of ethnicity is wonderful at this school, this will prepare children for the real world where you have to be able to get along with all people. I couldn't ask for a better school!

West Jasper Elementary School 0

Posted May 28, 2008
My daughter attended this school in kindergarten. It has many good aspects about it. The teachers all were caring. I had the opportunity to get to know the other kindergarten teachers through the many field trips that we got to go on. They were positive, but not pushovers. Mr. Smith, the principal was, and is very friendly. The office staff is the friendliest I have dealt with. One thing I loved is that my daughter got regular playtime on the playground most days, as well as more field trips than the other school. I am an old fashioned parent, who believes children still need play time in addition to reading and math, especially at the K level. The area is a poorer area which is what allows for more grants to go on these field trips than the other two public schools.

West Jasper Elementary School 3

Posted January 24, 2008

Posted January 22, 2007

Posted August 05, 2005
West Jasper School helped my son make a complete turn around. He was not being taught at Lupton, in fact, he knew more before but forgot it because all he done all day was color in K. when I changed him to West Jasper he has become an A & B student, the Teachers here put the child first & if needed they work 1 on 1 for that child. I would tell every parent how much better West Jasper is when it comes to being able to teach. Some teachers can't teach, they exspect it all to come from home so their job is easier,not Our School they TEACH. I am so grateful for them.He has won several I Can Awards & has more comfidence in his self. Evey childs needs are met here & that to me matters alot. Thank You, Gail

Posted January 11, 2005

West Jasper Elementary School
1400 West 19th St, Jasper, AL  35501
Last modified West Jasper Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Jasper Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top