West Limestone High School 2

Posted December 15, 2013
I believe that ALL the issues with this school would be corrected with the removal of tenure. Most of these teachers are only there for holidays and summers off and the fact that they don't want to grow up. How much control do principles really have over the faculty when they know she can't do anything to them without an act of congress. The best thing I ever did for my kids was taking them somewhere else.

Posted November 21, 2011
West Limestone High School is a wonderful school. I am proud to have been a Wildcat and am also proud to say my children are all Wildcats!!! I wouldn't want my children to go to school anywhere else in Limestone County. Principal Charlotte Craig is wonderful. She keeps her school in line, students as well as teachers. She is always willing to listen to parent's concerns.

West Limestone High School 0

Posted November 25, 2008
West Limestone lets children fall through the cracks. No phone calls to parents when children are absent. They do however, call you in for a meeting after 8 missed days. By the rules in the books they are to call you at the first mised day and have a meeting at the 5th missed day. They, also put children who have learning dificulties in the hallway during class. What is this??? There is a law of no child left behind. If your child is fighting and teachers saw the fight start if they don't like your child he/she is the one that started it no matter that your child recieved medical attention due to a fight defending he/she. Schools are responsible for the saftey and well being of my child. They need to better comunicate with parents. If I had a choice for schools I sure would not choose this

Posted July 07, 2008
I believe that only the negative on this school seems to be publicized. However this school is doing a fine job by educating the students. They have many honor graduates every year, won scholar bowl competitions around the state, and a good sports program. The teachers seem to go above and beyond for their student's education.

West Limestone High School 1

Posted September 24, 2007

Posted April 12, 2007

West Limestone High School 3

Posted January 04, 2007
Definitely need new leadership this school. Need to address tenured teacher issue.

West Limestone High School 4

Posted August 15, 2006
I believe that West Limestone is a great school. I think that alot of people do not give credit to the teachers that is due. There are some that go OUT of their way to see to it that the students are not only taught, but are also well taken care of. I think the principal does everything in his power to see to it that there is discipline- something that other schools do not have. It makes a difference when you know that your child attends a school where the main concern is learning. West Limestone was awarded the academic award for the county- I guess that did not make it to sound-off or the paper. Hats off to the students, teachers and administration! I only wish there were more participation in extracurricular areas from the teachers and students. West use to dominate the county in sports.

West Limestone High School 2

Posted May 15, 2006
I am currently a student at WLHS and have been for five years. I think that at West, there are a few motivated teachers who care about the students so much that it is unbelievable. However, in my opinion, I would not consider my school great in many ways. WLHS has a social scene that I know I would never want a child of mine to get into, believe me. It does have a great Agriculture department, however, with a wonderful teacher. I wouldn't call the math dept. great though. And alot of the kids are great. Mr. Davis is great too.

West Limestone High School 4

Posted January 03, 2006
- a former student
Three years out of West Limestone High School, I feel that attending WLHS was a tremendous advantage to me. Once in college, I realized how much further along I was academically than most other students. I believe that the teachers taught valuable information that was not always covered in the textbooks. I also think the teachers have genuine concern for their students and their well-being.

West Limestone High School
10945 School House Rd, Lester, AL  35647
Last modified West Limestone High School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Limestone High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top