No rating

Coosada Elementary School

Public | PK-2 | 958 students

Sweep tile

Posted September 10, 2013

My school is Coosada Elemetary in Coosada, Al. This is our fourth year to be fortunately associated with such a wonderful professional group of teachers and helpers and administration. I taugt elementary school in the chapter one program. It does my heart good to see how happy the girls and how well they have developed. They love their teachers and love to go to school every day.

Posted April 19, 2012

Coosada Elementary School is an exceptional school! Every member of the staff there treat you as though you are part of a family when you walk through the door. Myrtle always greats you with a smile and makes you feel instantly at home. Mrs. Goodin & Mr. Jackson are excellent principals and the children just adore them both so much. The teachers are superb as well! I absolutely love Mr. Hodum, Ms. Knott, Mrs. Basso, Mrs. Nelson, Ms. Autrey & so many more. It really doesn't matter what class your child falls into, the teachers all love them so very much! I am a parent of a child at CES as well as a regular volunteer at the school. You couldn't ask for a better group of people to care for your children!

Posted February 16, 2012

CES is an awesome school! The teachers are incredible. They go the extra mile for the students. Mrs. Goodin & Mr. Jackson are exceptional. I'm a worrier by nature but no worries when it comes to CES. My kids are excited to go to school and are excited about learning. I am fortunate to be able to volunteer at least 2 days a week and I'm a member of the PTO so if you can get involved! Go Mustangs!

Posted November 18, 2011

Loved this school! I always felt welcome when I entered the school from the principal to each staff member. The teachers all seem vested in the progress of each child and want them to succeed! Mrs. Johnson,1st grade and Mrs. Basso, 2nd grade were amazing to my daughters and I could not have asked for better teachers for them! Thank you Cossada for helping to make our transition to AL an easy one!

Posted May 4, 2010

Coosada Elementary is an outstanding school. The teachers and staff go the extra mile to work with every child to make learning a fun and knowledgable experience. My grandson has been at Coosada since he started school and he truly loves Coosada Elementary and will miss them next year when he moves to the intermediate school. The warm and wonderful smiles you receive as soon as you walk in the school tells it all.

Posted January 11, 2010

Absolutely love CES! My son is in 2nd grade. He has a wonderful teacher. His class only has 16 kids, so there is quality student/teacher time.

Posted March 29, 2009

EXCELLENT school! I am amazed daily with this school and their staff. They truly care about the children and they also care about the parents....they have a welcome attitude when it comes to the parents and love to have you join them when possible. My daughter is in Kindergarten, Ms. Holder's class, and although my daughter has struggled a bit, Ms. Holder and Counselor Mrs. Duncan have made GREAT strides. Their patience and dedication to my daughter ( and me as a single parent) is immense. My daughter absolutely loves her school and she actually misses it when they have holiday breaks. Ms. Holder is not just a teacher, she is a friend, and I am so proud she teaches my daughter. The office staff are just as caring. Mrs. Diane Harper is truly a jem and I know if my daughter needs help, she goes right to Mrs. Diane. EXCELLENT school!

Posted March 23, 2009

My daughter has attended this school since K. Love the school. Love the curriculum. Great staff. Very warm and friendly. 5 Stars for education. Dedicated volunteer. I know the staff well. Compares to any private school around!

Posted February 25, 2009

Coosada is a wonderful school. I currently have a 2nd grader and K. They both like going to school. I volunteer in the school several days a week. Everyone is professional and very caring. They truly care about the children.

Posted October 3, 2008

My child has attended Coosada since Kindergarten and I am very pleased with the educators we've had in this school. I'm also very pleased with the education she's receiving and for that reason I would have given the school 5 stars. However there are discrepencies not related to education that require some immediate attention.

Posted August 16, 2007

My son has struggled and we ended up holding him back this year as a first grader. I know that the strength and courage to do this is due to the amazing support I got from the staff at Coosada. I have been on the PTO board for two years and I have been able to get to know Mrs. Goodin and Mr. Jackson and I am here to tell you they are an A+ team. If all our schools were run by this team we would have # 1 schools. I just cannot say enough about the care that my child gets. From the Mrs. Duncan(the school counsler), liberians, nurse, PE staff, speech teacher(Mrs. Richy), title 1 teachers I just really give this school a five star rating. If your child comes to this school get involved in PTO and with volunteering for your child's teacher.
—Submitted by an administrator

Posted May 21, 2007

My son was in Ms. Anderson's class. I love the way she taught them, she is a involved teacher, trying to make learning fun. He just loves math around the world. He is currently reading at a 2.4 and he is only 1st grade.

Posted May 10, 2007

My child was in Ms. Evers class and she enjoyed her class, in which she looked forward to going to school. Ms. Evers is a great teacher and I loved the way she interacted with the students and made learning fun.

Posted May 23, 2006

My child was in Mr. Hodum's class this year and she loved every moment of it. Every day when I picked her up, she always had something new and exciting to tell me. It is a wonderful feeling to know that your child is attending a school where you know she/he is loved and cared about and is getting the education they need! Mr. Hodum played all types of games and activities with the children in order to teach them and he did a wonder job. He really deserves a pat on the back for all his hard work. Not only is he involved with the kids, he keeps the paurentts involved and informed and that's great. Im really looking forward to next year at Coosada Elem.

Posted May 22, 2006

I've been 'wooed' to return to teaching, having explored several campuses in both Elmore and Autauga Counties, largely because of the awesome academic, aesthetic, and emotional climate of Coosada Elementary. From a parental perspective, our first grader has blossomed under the expert care of Mrs. Johnson (K) and Mrs. Davis (1st), although the staff as a whole is absolutely wonderful. Coosada is 'child-centered' and 'warm fuzzy' oriented. Kids are 'caught' being good and inspired to give their best in all ways, creating an excellent first impression for a child's total educational experience. Developmental needs of children and parent communication are top priorities here. Effective leadership is top-down, with administrators inspiring and encouraging educators and staff to want to give their all. It took a miracle to inspire me to return to teaching after happily ministering at home. Coosada, a model learning environment, is that miracle, and I am truly grateful.

Posted September 19, 2005

My daughter is in the 1st grade at Coosada Elementary. The teachers there are great, they really encourage parents envolvements. Mrs. Johnson was a wonderful Kindergarten teacher. She really went out of her way to make each kid feel special and show them that they were capable of doing things even when they thought they couldn't. The academic programs they have are wonderful. The whole staff has a great attitude and is always doing what they can to make every child feel comfortable and make the learning experience fun as well as educational. I highly recommend Coosada Elementary school to any parent who has a child entering Kindergarten, or 1st grade. Your child will always have an eagerness to learn and enjoy school.

Posted September 21, 2004

My daughter attended kindergarden at Coosada. The teachers were awesome. My child enjoyed everyday of school. I would highly recommend this school to all parents with children entering the kindergarden or 1st grade.

Posted March 29, 2004

I really have enjoyed my daughter being at this school , she seems to love it ..... I really like the AR program ... it helps to motivate my daughter ... she is finally reading on her own time with out me telling her to that means alot to me .... she acctually has started to enjoy reading . Mrs Wood is great ...... keep up the good work

Posted February 22, 2004

What a joy to find encouraging and fun education. Reading is considered essential for all students. I hate to have to leave.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 16, 2004

I really enjoy Coosada Elementary. I am not afraid for the safety of my child, and that is priceless. The AR program is great and really encourages my child to read. She always feels rewarded, and challenged to achieve the next level. Thanks, to Mrs. VanErmen for the great work she does in the library! Mrs. Whetstone really has her 'ducks in a row!'. Robin L.

Asian 2% 1%

Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Fax number
  • (334) 285-9231

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Apply now