Posted May 26, 2013
We just completed our third year at Hollinger's Island and I just read the conviction of a deacon at the private school where I had my children registered three years ago. Thank goodness I forfeited the $500.00 registration fee and stuck with my instincts. I could not be happier with the preparation my children have received to prepare them for 2nd grade. They are super excited and well prepared for 2nd grade. Thank you Hollinger's Island K-4, kindergarten and 1st grade teachers. The administrative staff, lunch room and anyone I have failed to mention, excellent job!!!!

Posted April 09, 2013
I have 2 children who go here; 1 in kindergarten, 1 in 2nd. I moved from the Semmes district to this school and was a little weary about how they did things here as well as the way teachers worked with the students. I must say that I have never been more satisfied! The teachers here are amazing as is the staff. My children's teachers are the most amazing individuals. My daughter's 2nd grade teacher even recognized her brilliance and allowed her to take an a test which she passed to make it into pace! My other daughters teacher has worked so well with her and even upon taking her off her adhd meds the teacher has instilled the passion for sitting and taking the time to read! There isn't another school greater as far as I'm concerned, believe me when I say I've personally experienced a lot of them in Mobile County either when I went to school or being a substitute teacher at them. I DEFINITLY RATE THEM A TEN + !!

Posted March 18, 2013
I cannot say enough great things about Hollinger's Island! We are in our 5th year, and 4th child, at this school. The staff and teachers are the most dedicated group of educators that I have ever come across. The school and class sizes are small enough that even teachers that my kids have never had still know their names. The office staff is wonderful. There have been many times where I have called with a question or request, and it was promptly answered and with no attitude or rudeness. Everyone is friendly and helpful. We have yet to have a "Bad" teacher and doubt that we will. As for the first poster talking about vulgarity on the bathroom walls and discipline problems....I have spent many days at the school volunteering and have never, not once, seen anything written on the walls, let along vulgarity. Any discipline problems have been dealt with promptly and strictly. Whether your child is in academic need or excels in class, the teachers and staff take special consideration with each. We are not in Hollinger's Island district and are in on a transfer that I sought solely so that my kids could attend this amazing school!

Posted August 06, 2009

Posted November 14, 2008
Most wonderful, loving, caring and understanding group of teachers. My children are receiving an education to prepare them for the future.

Hollingers Island Elementary School 3

Posted May 17, 2008
I have three children at this school. I also attented this school 'back when'. I feel we have a very good little school, but I am concerned about the direction we are heading. I feel our principal needs to be more involved in getting parent cooperation. She is the leader of our school and this is a must. Parents need to give a little more of thier time so that our school is viable and conducive to our childrens education. As far as bad children and vulgarity, I don't think so. I am a frequent visitor and have not witnessed or heard what you suggest.

Hollingers Island Elementary School 0

Posted April 11, 2008
My child has went to this school since he was in kindergarten and he is now in the fifth grade. Apparently this person has their schools mixed up. There is no vulgar words in the bathrooms and if any ever show up our custodians clean the bathrooms everyday and things like that are taken car of right away. We are a very good little school. We have no major disipline problems, like any other school we do sometimes get children who act like they have never been taught to behave, and this is usually reflected right back to the parents when you meet them, but this is something we only wish we could change, not something we can. We have a very good and caring staff, from teachers right down to custodians. Everyone at our school cares about our children and yours.

Hollingers Island Elementary School 1

Posted February 15, 2008
My children have attended Hollingers Island for the last 2 years. It is the most horrible school I have ever seen. I had no problems with their previous school, but as soon as I transferred them over, there was a new problem ever week. The childrens bathrooms have vulger pictures and word all over the walls, and administration refuses to do anything about it. I'm sorry, but if a school is ran properly they would care about things like this. The children arent repremended for cursing and fighting. I have found that if your child is on the other end (the victim), he or she is the one who will get in trouble. This school is full of bad children, as well as Bad parents backing them up. They don't encourage children the way a school should. The majority of the teachers have lost their passion for teaching and it shows.

Hollingers Island Elementary School 4

Posted February 07, 2008

Hollingers Island Elementary School 3

Posted February 29, 2004

Hollingers Island Elementary School
2400 Hammock Rd, Mobile, AL  36605
Last modified Hollingers Island Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hollingers Island Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top