Mobile, AL

Posted September 03, 2014
This school shoves about 36 students in classrooms that are not very big to begin with. Many of the students are more concerned with who they want to fight than what they want to learn. Many Students scream and holler, throw sharp objects, bully, and have no respect for authority. With classes of 36, having 5 or so "bad apples" ruins the learning opportunities for the others. Most teachers experience the same issues with the same classes. Teachers try to call the parents of disruptive kids and many of their phone numbers are disconnected or they don't answer the phone therefore the teachers can't receive much help. The most disruptive students don't even listen to the administration in most cases because the punishments aren't harsh enough. I would not recommend this school to a parent who has a well-behaved child who wants to learn. They will be miserable and will not achieve what they could elsewhere.

Posted February 08, 2012
The problem with this school is OVERCROWDING. For no one to want to let their kids attend this school, there sure is an over abundance of children! This is NOT a case of bad teachers. You need to look higher up. You don't blame the server for what the cook screws up. Also, parents need to take responsibility for the behavior their child showcases in school!

Cl Scarborough Middle School 0

Posted March 14, 2008
Iam a parent of a student at Scarbrough Middle School. I think that the problem at Scarbrough goes way beyound the school grounds. I sometimes feel as though we as a community are not doing are part to help educate our children.The children grades are slipping not because of many of the students are not trying hard enough is because we have to look at the bigger problem all the teachers dont feel as if they owe the children the same education that they have or feel as though i got mine its up to them to get theirs. I feel like no one cares about our children as a whole and its not their fault .But we as parents need to also stand behind and educate our children also because the bigget part of educating our children starts at home with love and support for our children.

Cl Scarborough Middle School 5

Posted March 05, 2008

Cl Scarborough Middle School 3

Posted July 01, 2006
I am a 7thgrader going to the eigthgrade and ive been at scarborough [sms] for 3 years ive had no problems with lotsof my teachers and ive passed every grade .Iv worked in the library and im good in eveything i do over there!!!the principal has his moments but he tries and the assitant princials try to !!!those are the good parts but the bad parts are the fights ,the news over there every week,and our grades are dropping fast even though we are smart kids we dont really learn alot but we do try our best and some of the teachers just come for check...But it is a good school over alll..I would and wouldnt send my child over here !!!so thats my word!!

Posted January 21, 2006
I am an eighth grade student at Scarborough Middle School. I am an honor roll student and I am also in the National Junior Honor Society, Scholars Bowl, and I also played Volleyball, however i would not recommend Scarborough Middle School to any one because the students are some of the racist, and messy people I know. I do think that the principal and the two assistant principles try to decipline the children but are not very sucessful in doing so. I can't wait for the next two quarters to be over, so I can finally get out of there.

Cl Scarborough Middle School 4

Posted December 22, 2005
this is one of the beat sbhools i have ever put my 14 yr old in she has been doing so well i moved her out of semmes because of the children there and the teachers are simply cold harted at , so i moved her to scarborough her grades have come up she has more freinds than ever she always comes home happy and you are probabley thinking that it's because she is black well she's white and never have a seen her more happy a honor student jhs student technology classes and mr.tillman is a wonderfull principal aswell the teachers i havea very happy 8th grader at scarborough middle and i am so proud of chooseing this school.

Posted July 28, 2005
This has got to be one of the worst schools in Mobile county. I wish I would have never moved into this district and I am willing to move again only after 2 years because this school is horrible.

Posted February 20, 2005
The academic programs are okay. The availability of extracurricular activities are limited to band and reading. I don't recommend this school for any child. There is no open door policy to see the principal or asst. Principal. The teachers are there just to collect a pay check. I have two children currently at this school. They are not happy campers. If i could transfer them to another school i would! just drop in and you'll see.

Posted November 15, 2004
this school is to quick to label your child.i recomind that if your child is put in a ld class make sure he or she is actually doing work in it.

Cl Scarborough Middle School
1800 Phillips Ln, Mobile, AL  36618
Last modified Cl Scarborough Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cl Scarborough Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top