Posted January 18, 2014
Dawes is a wonderful school! My children have attended schools in 2 other states and I was pleasantly surprised by how well this school compared to the others. The education is top notch. My children were challenged, the teachers are caring, and I was amazed by how much my children learned and were exposed to. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted April 10, 2013
Fantastic School! Very involved parents and teachers. The principal is great! I admire the outdoor learning center. I think it is fantastic that the children and teachers work together planting and harvesting.

Dawes Intermediate School 3

Posted October 11, 2012
My experience with this school is similar to the other reviews. Very concerned about appearances instead of the overall well being of the children. My child does well academically, but when she has had problems they were of no help. The school offers a lot of after school activities but not tutoring!!?? I think that is do to the whole keeping up appearances mentality.

Posted April 13, 2012
Awesome!!!! The 3rd and 4th techers are great! This is a brand new school and they treat the kids so good. Nothing negative to say about them. The school only has 1 year...

Dawes Intermediate School 3

Posted February 15, 2012
Most of our teachers are great !! They simply need to be allowed to teach. If less emphasis were placed on making the campus and the principal look good everyone would be better off. The teachers love the students and are very good at actually communicating the skills the students need, but they spend too much time worrying about whether the students are reading AR books and testing just so. My sons loved to read before schools started cramming this on them. Now they complain about a principal that doesn't understand about telling the truth and doing real work. So sad.

Dawes Intermediate School 2

Posted February 14, 2012
When did "appearances" become more important than curriculum, and testing more important than learning a subject? Students are told too often about not wearing proper uniforms and informed of uniform checks. Notes will go home to parents if uniform policy is not followed. I don't have a problem with uniform policy, until it is taken to the extreme. Students are warned at rallies or during announcements to not wear unwashed or torn uniforms, socks a certain height, etc. Scuff marks by shoes in the hallways seem to be s major issue, therefore, students are not to wear shoes with black soles. This is a public school after all. Another main concern is our student's AR pog. Weekly students are told where their pogs should be. Students are called out of class for not taking the test. Students no longer enjoy reading because of the pressure placed on them to make their pogs. To many flaws in the AR test critera not taken into consideration. Too much importance placed on testing than learning actual subject. The better the scores, the better our school looks. Education is our future not what our children look like when they are receiving it. Appearances can be deceiving.

Posted February 06, 2012
Parents are welcome at the school and my child enjoys going to school each day. Teachers are fair and efficient as is the principal. Information and papers are sent home daily and one need only call the office if there is an issue and they will work to resolve it. Very pleased with this school.

Dawes Intermediate School 1

Posted October 04, 2011
The school is new and clean, but so very disappointed on keeping parents informed! My child has a chronic ailment and does miss more school than most. I tried to find out if we could view the textbooks online, so we could keep up with grades. I called the school on 4 different occasions before they could figure out who I needed to speak with and then it took her almost a week to get back with me. Having a chronic ailment also limits what clubs your child can be a part of. My child found one and was so excited! Now, we can't even get information about the club, because his homeroom teacher won't send the information home. Everytime I call the office for anything they just act like they are bothered that you are even calling them. I will say they do have some GREAT teachers there that do care about their students, but when you get one who is not so great, and you can't get any information or help from the office, it is very disappointing. After all, I thought they were here for the kids!

Dawes Intermediate School
10451 West Lake Rd, Mobile, AL  36695
Last modified Dawes Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dawes Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top