Montgomery, AL

Dannelly Elementary School 2

Posted October 21, 2014
Dannelly Elementary is AWFUL! The teacher is absent every week and she does not follow the core curriculum for the grade. The principal does not seem concerned with what is going on in his school. My child will not be returning!

Posted May 05, 2012
I can say that this school cares about the kids. The principal works everyday to make sure the kids are safe and happy. She will stop and meet with parents whenever something is needed. The teachers are helpful and seem to treat the kids like they were their own. My child has been in other Montgomery schools and I can say I see a difference at Dannelly.

Posted April 17, 2011
I am also a parent of a fourth grader at Dannelly. I love 2 of her teachers. They have really improved my daugther's grades with extra help and tutoring. She has excelled in math and reading. Those teachers have taught her to think outside of the box. However, she has not been prepared for science and social studies.This would have been a perfect year for her is she would have had only those 2 teachers.

Dannelly Elementary School 3

Posted March 15, 2011
I have been frustrated frequently with the curriculum at Dannelly. My child is in fourth grade and the amount of worksheets and mindless work he is required to do is ridiculous. Copying definitions out of the glossary does not teach word meanings! There are not enough reading textbooks for the children to bring them home. They have silent lunch almost every day. The principal seems to be uninvolved. Most of the time I have dealt with the assistant principal (even when I specifically asked for the principal). The children are at the lowest level of Bloom's taxonomy - remembering information. There doesn't seem to be any effort to move them past that either.

Dannelly Elementary School

Posted July 16, 2009
Mrs.Higartner is a very hands on teacher my daughter enjoyed her class very much. Thank you mrs. Hilgartner

Posted March 03, 2008
Buddy Ratliff was in Mr. Doughty's second grade class. When Buddy found out about the Golden Apple award, he insisted we put Mr. Doughty up for the award. We found out this morning he won. We don't even care if it was his nomination that had him receive the award. We are both just so proud of him.

Posted October 26, 2005
This is my son's first year at Dannelly Elementary and we are very pleased. I am so happy to have a teacher who cares and encourages my son to do his best everyday at every task. I was shocked to see how much my son's grades have improved due to a better parent/teacher/child relationship. I am informed of everything that happens in the classroom and encouraged to participate (which I have enjoyed). A child's education not only depends on the teacher but the parents as well. All of the faculty at the school and the YMCA (right next door) have been nothing but pleasant and supportive of my son and myself. My son is now on the A Honor Roll and is Quarterback of his Team. Thanks Dannelly!

Posted July 01, 2004
Dannelly is a great school, if your child is an average student or below. My child attended Dannelly last year, and is gifted. The school did not try to challenge him, we spent many hours trying to get things changed, to no avail! We were told basically when so many are not even on grade level, they can't 'waste time' on one who is doing more. So if you child is on grade level or above, find another school, dannelly is not the place to send them. The principal was extremely rude to me and my husband, and did nothing to help. I even complained to the district, but to no surprise, never got any response. We did have two great teachers, only they were limited by restictions placed on them by the new reading program/grant that they are participating in.

Posted May 23, 2004
I think Dannelly is one of the best elementary schools in Montgomery as far as caring about the students. The principal and the teachers have been great with all 3 of my children. If zoning allowed it, I would drive the youngest there next year, even though we are moving.

Posted August 26, 2003
Dannelly is a great school with great teachers. Every student that attends Dannelly is very lucky to have teachers who are dedicated to the education of children.

Dannelly Elementary School
3425 Carter Hill Rd, Montgomery, AL  36111
Last modified Dannelly Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dannelly Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top