Bad
Good

Dannelly Elementary is AWFUL! The teacher is absent every week and she does not follow the core curriculum for the grade. The principal does not seem concerned with what is going on in his school. My child will not be returning!

I can say that this school cares about the kids. The principal works everyday to make sure the kids are safe and happy. She will stop and meet with parents whenever something is needed. The teachers are helpful and seem to treat the kids like they were their own. My child has been in other Montgomery schools and I can say I see a difference at Dannelly.

I am also a parent of a fourth grader at Dannelly. I love 2 of her teachers. They have really improved my daugther's grades with extra help and tutoring. She has excelled in math and reading. Those teachers have taught her to think outside of the box. However, she has not been prepared for science and social studies.This would have been a perfect year for her is she would have had only those 2 teachers.

I have been frustrated frequently with the curriculum at Dannelly. My child is in fourth grade and the amount of worksheets and mindless work he is required to do is ridiculous. Copying definitions out of the glossary does not teach word meanings! There are not enough reading textbooks for the children to bring them home. They have silent lunch almost every day. The principal seems to be uninvolved. Most of the time I have dealt with the assistant principal (even when I specifically asked for the principal). The children are at the lowest level of Bloom's taxonomy - remembering information. There doesn't seem to be any effort to move them past that either.

Mrs.Higartner is a very hands on teacher my daughter enjoyed her class very much. Thank you mrs. Hilgartner

Buddy Ratliff was in Mr. Doughty's second grade class. When Buddy found out about the Golden Apple award, he insisted we put Mr. Doughty up for the award. We found out this morning he won. We don't even care if it was his nomination that had him receive the award. We are both just so proud of him.

Last modified Dannelly Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.