Baldwin Art And Acadcs Magnet 4

Posted September 17, 2013
My school is Baldwin Arts and Academics Magnet School. I think that it is a great school with a combination of fun and learning(but mostly learning :). It has arter school study sessions for the kids who might need a smidgen of help. Also, it has clubs like Science Olympiad for those interested in science and Math Counts for those who like math. The P.E there is amazing we do tons of fun things like volleyball, archery, basketball, pickleball, and bowling but, we also have to run a few miles either indoor or outdoor. The teachers are really helpful and attentitive to your questions. My school could maybe improve by getting a little remodeling the rooms are slightly old and need to be repainted.

Posted August 24, 2013
This is my second year at Baldwin. I am a seventh grader on the academics side of Baldwin. My sister is an eighth grader on the arts side of Baldwin and we all love the school!!!! We love the teachers,coaches,staffs,and the principal!!!

Baldwin Art And Acadcs Magnet 2

Posted July 07, 2013
Students are selected based on previous academic success. While the school has a conduct code, it is basically unenforced, and students with sufficient conduct write-ups to flunk the entire year were allowed to stay, and in many cases, continue the next year in violation of the student and faculty handbooks. If you are of deep southern society, you can engage in psychologically abusive behavior, disrupt class, and play havoc with other student's learning with impunity. Teacher involvement and instruction is uneven, in part because many are asked to depart, or new ones brought in to teach mid-semester, often with no qualifications in the subject matter they are teaching. The result is a disruptive learning experience that falls short of ideal. The building is crumbling. In one concert two years ago a chandelier crashed into the audience below (no this was not a performance of Phantom of the Opera). While the band and gym programs are to be commended, all of the rest need work in overcoming discrimination by faculty and students that runs both ways. Given the quality of the students entering, progress is spotty, uneven, and exceptionally poor. Overall, not a well run school.

Posted March 17, 2012
Baldwin is the best school that I have ever attended. The teachers are top-notch and the principal does everything that she can to ensure that the students succeed.

Posted December 14, 2010
I am a former Baldwin student and can say that the two years I spent at this school (the school transitioned to a middle school my second year there so I was unable to spend three years there) were the best two years of my entire schoolgoing years. After my years at Baldwin my parents decide to put me in a private school where due to the fact of the advanced curriculum at Baldwin I was made to retake many classes I had already passed such as physical science, geometry, and two history classes. Baldwin is a much better school thana private school that you must pay for uniforms which can add an extra $500 if not more to the already expensive cost of tuition. If you are a parent reading this please believe me there is no better school in this city than Baldwin for your child.

Posted May 25, 2010
We are a military family who spent one year in Alabama. We debated whether it was worth the hassle to send our 6th grade son to Baldwin (as opposed to the neighborhood elementary or middle school). Given the extra focus Baldwin places on academics we elected to go with Baldwin and that turned out to be an excellent decision. As our son was on the Academics side of things, I cannot speak to the Arts programs but we have no complaints with the school. Teachers were helpful and responsive. Curriculum was challenging but in a positive way. Our son also enjoyed (and we as parents appreciated) the school's focus on physical education to round things out. Our only complaint would be the facilities (100 year old building) but that is a minor point.

Posted April 28, 2010
I am currently a 7th grader at Baldwin and it is AMAZING!!!

Posted March 24, 2010
My son is finishing his third year at Baldwin, and it has been a wonderful experience. Wish we could continue here through 12th! What a great experience he has had.

Posted October 25, 2009
I am currently an 8th grader at baldwin, and while the times at baldwin are tough for me, (used to get all A's but now have a mixture of A's B's and one C) but whenever I take exams and other stuff for the national ranking and other schools, I get amazing results, showing that it has payed off. for example, While I was having a hard time in science, I took the OLSAT and it compared me to other students nationwide. The lowest grade I got was 94 percentile nationwide in science. this showed me that Baldwin had been helping me all along, even when I was not the smartest student there.

Posted September 16, 2009
Baldwin exhibits excellence in all areas, from academics to performing arts to the level of parent involvement.

Baldwin Art And Acadcs Magnet
410 South McDonough St, Montgomery, AL  36104
Last modified Baldwin Art And Acadcs Magnet is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Baldwin Art And Acadcs Magnet Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top