Montgomery, AL

Posted March 19, 2015
Our children have attended ECA for several years now. From kindergarten to graduation ECA has been their educational home. A lot has changed in the last few years with Mrs. Sikes, our new Principal, bringing a huge amount of academic experience last year. We love knowing that our children are being taught Biblical principles that will follow them throughout life and at the same time receiving a great education. The teachers really care about their students and are always willing to help. The smaller class size make learning fun and interactive.

Evangel Christian Academy 1

Posted April 07, 2014
Too many hidden fees...these people will require you the parent to volunteer to raise funds for what I don't know. Multiple fund raising! If you don't participate, you will get fines($250) added to your tuition. I didn't know that a Christian school conducted business this way. Stay away from this school and avoid the headaches.

Evangel Christian Academy 1

Posted July 08, 2013
This school is a joke. The headmaster has NO experience in education and is basically incompetent. The headmaster forces the teachers to change grades to make sure athletes remain eligible to play competitive sports. The reason they don't post their test scores here is because most of the students scored in the single digits on the ACT. Do yourself a favor and put you student in a real school. The education is NOT better than public school and as for it being a "Christian Academy", that is in name only. The behavior and language allowed in the school is appalling.

Evangel Christian Academy 0

Posted September 22, 2009
We feel like family at Evangel. They have a good ciriculum and offer several sports. The families all get involved.

Posted January 30, 2009
I've gone to ECA and it's so wonderful! The teachers are always devoted and I love how the school is christian based.

Posted December 28, 2007

Posted May 25, 2005
My child has attended ECA preschool since he was 2 yrs old and I love it. He has learned so much since has been there. I would recommend ECA to anyone and have done so.

Evangel Christian Academy 0

Posted May 06, 2005
As a grandmother of a fourth grade student who has gone to ECA since kindergarten I am continuously disappointed with the decline of values instilled in the students. The school has dramatically gotten away from the bible teachings and moral values that it had five years ago. If your aim is to instill moral values and Christian teachings to your children this is not the place to be. I don't know what has happened to the rules that the students must attend a church with parents. I don't know why makeup is tolerated on 4th graders. I don't know why racial ridicule is tolerated. I don't know why rap music is tolerated. If you are looking for a school to get your children away from the influences they are exposed to in public schools then keep on looking.

Evangel Christian Academy 4

Posted October 06, 2003
As a parent of a 6th grader I am extremely pleased with ECA. It is an affordable private school for the area known for it's drama productions and academics. My daughter was not challenged in public school so we looked for a private school that was affordable, academically strong and also taught her 'how' to handle life situations. I believe we found all 3 in this school. Nothing is perfect, but I have always been able to approach principal or teachers if I had a difference of opinion with any of them and the problem was resolved. I believe the staff has a true desire to see the best come out of these children, not only on test scores, but overall. The standard is higher than other schools in the area. ECA is not a large school, one grade per class. It does not offer the children a lot of people to 'choose' from for their social life. That can be good or that can be bad. Depends on how you look at it. ECA is not an old school. It has a lot of growing to do and I feel they are on the right track.

Evangel Christian Academy
3975 Vaughn Road, Montgomery, AL  36106
Last modified Evangel Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Evangel Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top