Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops respect: Agree

Posted October 17, 2015
Yes, because you don't usually get in trouble if it's not your fault, unless someone lies on you.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted October 17, 2015
Well, the dress code is a little more strict than I want it to be, so I wish someone could change that a little, in anyway possible

Horseshoe Bend High School 5

Posted October 17, 2015
The principals there are the best you can find! You'll be on their good side as long as you stay out of trouble

Horseshoe Bend High School 5

Posted November 13, 2014
Horseshoe Bend School is outstanding and it gets better everyday! I love the new webpage they are working on along with the facebook and Twitter notifications. They Principal and staff truly care about our students. I get personal time with the Principal and when he says he has an open door policy, he really means it. He is never to busy for any students! Blessed to have my children in this school.

Horseshoe Bend High School 4

Posted October 29, 2010
Horseshoe Bend is a SACS accredited school, which means that it DOES, in fact, offer many programs and courses to get our students ready for college. We could not have achieved SACS accreditation without offering quality programs and showing evidence of student success. Maybe you weren't ready for college for some other reason.

Horseshoe Bend High School 4

Posted September 04, 2009
As a senior student at Horseshoe Bend, I can honestly say that I am proud to be a General. The teachers all know their students by their first name and genuinely care about the well-being of the students. Learning is the most important thing at this school, not the extra curricular activites. The students are also, for the majority, polite and helpful individuals. Yes, the dress code is a bit harsh, but it is not very hard to abide by. Also, parents and students should keep in mind that the dress code for 2009-2010 was not chosen by the school or the principle; it is a county mandated dress code that stemmed directly from the superintendant. The small school atmostphere allows students to form almost family like bonds. My children will definietly attend this school if my life and job allow me to stay in New Site. Go Generals!

Posted June 17, 2009
I went from HBHS kindergarden-9th grade, and now I am being forced to go back for my senior year, and after attending two other highschools and I can proudly say Horseshoe Bend is NOT A GOOD SCHOOL. They are so behind with everything. I will be behind my first year in college because of classes Horseshoe Bend does not offer students. I know it's a small school, but they could figure something out. And as for a dress code, I think if the school I went to with over 4,000 kids could handle us with NO DRESS CODE then a small school like this could handle it AS WELL.

Posted October 30, 2008
Horseshoe Bend has always strived to offer its students the best opportunities that it could. Some of the students are overlooking the fact that educational values should always come before fashion statements. I am proud our school choose to enforce a dress code that makes our students accountable for the way they dress. What most students don't realize is that the Student Council approved the dress code. It was not entirely the administration that came up with this idea. Parents were also surveyed before the dress code came into effect.

Posted October 12, 2008
I am a student at HBHS and i would love to say that it is a very great school. we have the best sport programs and the best teachers there. the only problem at HBHS is the Dress Code. how are we able to express ourselves with just plain clothing or a horseshoe bend shirt. If you want less people complaining about the dress code then let us wear any kind of shirt but it still has to be apporiate with no violence, language, drugs and ect. if they let us wear whatever we want but still no cleavage or back showing i think that HBHS would be a school less talked about.

Posted August 16, 2008
I attended this school since i was in 1st grade and i am now in 11th grade, i have recently moved to Sylacauga where i attend B.B Comer now. I have to i seriously miss HBHS, I also want to say that the teachers at HBHS are very down to earth and helpful , and some of the students there we very polite. I wish so much that i didnt leave HBHS, i had very many friends, not just students but teacher's also. I was a parent i would recommend that my child would go to this school.

10684 Hwy 22 East, New Site, AL  36256
Last modified Horseshoe Bend High School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.