Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

Well, the dress code is a little more strict than I want it to be, so I wish someone could change that a little, in anyway possible

The principals there are the best you can find! You'll be on their good side as long as you stay out of trouble

Horseshoe Bend School is outstanding and it gets better everyday! I love the new webpage they are working on along with the facebook and Twitter notifications. They Principal and staff truly care about our students. I get personal time with the Principal and when he says he has an open door policy, he really means it. He is never to busy for any students! Blessed to have my children in this school.

Horseshoe Bend is a SACS accredited school, which means that it DOES, in fact, offer many programs and courses to get our students ready for college. We could not have achieved SACS accreditation without offering quality programs and showing evidence of student success. Maybe you weren't ready for college for some other reason.

As a senior student at Horseshoe Bend, I can honestly say that I am proud to be a General. The teachers all know their students by their first name and genuinely care about the well-being of the students. Learning is the most important thing at this school, not the extra curricular activites. The students are also, for the majority, polite and helpful individuals. Yes, the dress code is a bit harsh, but it is not very hard to abide by. Also, parents and students should keep in mind that the dress code for 2009-2010 was not chosen by the school or the principle; it is a county mandated dress code that stemmed directly from the superintendant. The small school atmostphere allows students to form almost family like bonds. My children will definietly attend this school if my life and job allow me to stay in New Site. Go Generals!

I went from HBHS kindergarden-9th grade, and now I am being forced to go back for my senior year, and after attending two other highschools and I can proudly say Horseshoe Bend is NOT A GOOD SCHOOL. They are so behind with everything. I will be behind my first year in college because of classes Horseshoe Bend does not offer students. I know it's a small school, but they could figure something out. And as for a dress code, I think if the school I went to with over 4,000 kids could handle us with NO DRESS CODE then a small school like this could handle it AS WELL.

Horseshoe Bend has always strived to offer its students the best opportunities that it could. Some of the students are overlooking the fact that educational values should always come before fashion statements. I am proud our school choose to enforce a dress code that makes our students accountable for the way they dress. What most students don't realize is that the Student Council approved the dress code. It was not entirely the administration that came up with this idea. Parents were also surveyed before the dress code came into effect.

I am a student at HBHS and i would love to say that it is a very great school. we have the best sport programs and the best teachers there. the only problem at HBHS is the Dress Code. how are we able to express ourselves with just plain clothing or a horseshoe bend shirt. If you want less people complaining about the dress code then let us wear any kind of shirt but it still has to be apporiate with no violence, language, drugs and ect. if they let us wear whatever we want but still no cleavage or back showing i think that HBHS would be a school less talked about.

I attended this school since i was in 1st grade and i am now in 11th grade, i have recently moved to Sylacauga where i attend B.B Comer now. I have to i seriously miss HBHS, I also want to say that the teachers at HBHS are very down to earth and helpful , and some of the students there we very polite. I wish so much that i didnt leave HBHS, i had very many friends, not just students but teacher's also. I was a parent i would recommend that my child would go to this school.

A lot of people are saying that HBHS is a great school to send their children, but I would definitely disagree. I attended HBHS as a student and I have actually been out in the real world. I would like to let you know that HBHS is behind in education. They do not have the same educational standards as a lot of schools. I went to college outside of Alabama and I was behind a lot. I felt that this school let me down tremendously.

Last modified Horseshoe Bend High School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.