Opp, AL

South Highlands Elementary School

Posted January 09, 2008
I love my school because the parties,games,and lots of other fun stuff!

South Highlands Elementary School 3

Posted February 16, 2006
I have three children attending SHES this year, one last year and three more to follow. I hope that through all the fund raisers and pto involvement, the parent involvement will be able to pick up and the hands on, project aspect of going to school will be enhanced. In comparision to Andalusia, where I went to school, this one is lacking in this type of education. Bringing the parents into the childrens school is more than teacher conferences and one school lunch a year. Kids love to show off what they are doing. They love to have their parents at the school for more than 15minutes. My kids like this school, but I find it boring. One field trip and the holiday parties, aren't what I grew up with. Where did quality school spirit go...extra homework, not exactly what I had in mind! Do something extra once and a while.

South Highlands Elementary School 5

Posted May 12, 2004
My daughter and I are new to Opp,AL. She began school here in March after Spring break. Her teacher has gone out of her way to help her.My daugther is ADHD and she has a really hard time reading.So I went to the IEP teacher because she was labled OHI and I was concerned about her not being able to read. So they retested her at my request for Dislexeia and ADHD.The results shows that it is more than ADHD. She is also Dislexic .Now she will be able to get the help she really needs under SLD.So I want to say Thank You to the Teachers for all there help.I rate this school excellant.Agin Thank You all.

South Highlands Elementary School
503 Brown St, Opp, AL  36467
Last modified South Highlands Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Highlands Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top