Bad
Good

Posted June 26, 2016
My children have been attending HCES for 6 years now and I could not be happier with the quality of the education offered at Hampton Cove. With few exceptions, the students have two college educated parents. Parents are very engaged in supporting the school. The PTA organizes after school music lessons (piano, violin and guitar), foreign language classes (Chinese/Mandarin, German and Spanish), chess club, science club, robotics, a competitive math team and more. The principal, Mrs. Bray, is an excellent administrator, and the teachers are really engaged and enthusiastic. HCES is special. I toured 5 of the largest private schools in Huntsville/Madison to compare what they're offering with what we're getting, and I came away convinced HCES offers the best elementary education.

Posted October 15, 2013
My boys attended school in Montgomery County, MD known as one of the best rated school area in country. When we moved to AL, I expected something not as good as what they had there but I've got surprisingly amazed by HCES. The school is great and they use technology in class as I've never seen before. HCES really deserves the Blue Ribbon.

Posted June 22, 2011
Having had a child attend highly regarded neighborhood schools(Kenrose and Lipscomb) in Brentwood, TN and (Evergreen Mill) in Leesburg, VA and (HCES) in Hampton Cove, AL, I have an opinion as to how HCES compares to these other three schools. HCES is comparable in its academics and parental involvement. There are some wonderful teachers and great parents at HCES. However, unlike the other schools which are typical of their overall school districts, HCES is part of a city system whose other schools are lacking.

Hampton Cove Elementary School 3

Posted October 15, 2010
I have 3 children and currently 2 attend HCES and they're going to be attending GSES soon. I can't wait to have the new principal manage the new school. He is very understanding and always there for the parents. The principal at HCES is always "busy" and you have to wait on a waiting list before you get called, while the new principal called me back the same day!!! When you actually get to talk to her, she just isn't a warm person. She is very overwhelmed like the previous person mentioned. I wish Dale would come back!!!!!!

Posted August 24, 2010
I went to HCE from K-5 and had a great experience. The teachers were very nice and encouraging. They always challenged us but never forced too much after school work on us. I had the old principle (Ms. Dale Kerch) for all of my HCE years except for 5th. I really liked her because she was very motherly but strict with discipline. Although I was not at HCE very long with the new principle, the school seemed to change for the worse when she became principle. I have a younger brother that is in the 4th grade and he doesn t seem to like her either but he loves his teacher. The academics are very good and HCE has some of the best SAT scores in the city. HCE and HCMS excels in mathematics and reading. Because I attended HCE I feel like I was better prepared for middle school mentally. I would defiantly recommend sending your child to HCE for the best education!

Hampton Cove Elementary School 4

Posted July 15, 2010
Good school and academically challenging. The principal is rude though but the rest of the staff is very nice.

Posted May 26, 2010
Hampton Cove Elementary School is by far one of the best schools in the Huntsville City School system. The Hampton Cove area is composed of many professional, college educated couples that value education themselves. They are actively involved in the school and its PTA. The PTA alone has a budget in excess of $50,000 per year. It's not rocket science, schools where parents are engaged and financially support programs just do better. That is why the schools in southeast Huntsville and Madison city do better than schools in other parts of the city/county.

Posted April 16, 2010
Its an amazing school in our opinion. We have 3 children that attend, and every year we are so happy we moved to the area. First off, the teachers are very good. They challenge our kids without making them burned out. They give rewards for challenges, and make the school fun. Another thing I love is daily physical education. Studies have shown that daily exercise increases kids attention and grades. We have certainly seen that happen with our children. Lots of extras they offer, such as learning musical instruments, langauges and even drama classes. which we have taken and been very happy with. I have been there with my children several times a week throughout their careers, and I have honestly not seen one instance of bullying, or gang behavior, or anything I would be worried about. The only slight negative is too much homework from some

Posted February 01, 2010
Outstanding school. Heavy in to the Arts. High quality of students from professional parents

Hampton Cove Elementary School

Posted August 20, 2009
We just moved here from FL and we don't like the principal already!! She is very snotty and rude. I hope she is transfered to another school soon or we will move!! The rest of the staff is so nice. What a shame that people have to deal with her. It is a clean school and the teachers are ok so far (there are only a couple that are really good so I've heard).

Hampton Cove Elementary School
261 Old 431 Hwy, Owens Cross Roads, AL  35763
Last modified Hampton Cove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.