Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

All of my experiences with PES have been positive so far. Great parent-teacher communication, an active parent-teacher organization... All of the reviews had me worried, but it was unfounded. PES, just like PPS and PKS, has far exceeded my expectations.

This school is below average. It's very safe, but your child will get a below average education. The principal is terrible, but the assistant principal is pretty good. There are far too many projects. Projects sound good to administrators, but they are not educational. The projects are nothing more than homework for parents. One project involved heating something in the oven. How absurd is that? There are far too many field trips, some are expensive, and most of them have nothing to do with any curriculum. The secretary can be very rude.

Most of the reviews I have read are negative has the school gotten better. Are there any suggested teachers.

Finally at the end of her 2nd year in this horrible school. 4rth grade teacher is a nightmare bully. I use to volunteer but this teacher asks and asks for me to help out several times a week and I end up grading over a hundred papers for two classes every time. My daughter comes home and tells me about verbal humiliation for class view, she yells at her students constantly, her grades have dropped by two letters, she failed on a test for asking for a highlighter but apparently the teacher requires they highlight their names, I have watched her compare a class that is doing better than them to her class as if the children are all too blame. My daughter came from a very good school that took her education seriously and didn't punish her grades based off of a conduct issue. She was in an accelerated reading program before I made the mistake of putting her in this school. She has been bullied this whole year by this "teacher". Pay for private school, homeschool, or hire a tutor unless you want your once happy and bright child to become miserable while you watch them lose confidence in themselves and any love they once had for going to school.

well, my son is starting the 3rd grade this year. Prattville Kindergarden and Prattville Primary are WONDERFUL SCHOOLS WITH WONDERFUL TEACHERS!!! After reading the reviews for this school Im really worried for my son.

This is really an overlooked school. I have experienced caring teachers who are always available to my child and me. My son's teacher even lets me call me on her cell phone. Grades are updated daily, and the students are rewarded for good grades and good behavior. I have been very pleased with our year here.

Our experience with PES has been a NIGHTMARE! Our son is in 4th grade and due to medical issues has a 504. We made sure the office had the 504 and medical information when we registered before school started, however a few weeks into the year we found out that his teachers, counselor, and nurse were all unaware of his 504 and the medical issues surrounding it. My husband and I had to go in personally and make sure they all were informed of his needs! Then a few weeks later the 'administration' decided he didn't need a 504 and pulled it! We had nothing but problems from that point on. It took almost the full year to get them to put it back in place, when my son had reached the point of failing, and after many meetings with the teachers, vice principal, and principal. Even with the 504 back in place they continue to discipline him for behaviors related to his medical issues. From our understanding this is against the Section 504 and IDEA laws! If we were not moving we would be getting a lawyer. Since we are moving we have decided to just withdraw him early so he no longer has to deal with their incompetence. I can't recommend anyone send their child here.

This is my last year at PES and I could not be happier! It is the most unfriendly school I have ever been in. There are very few teachers worth the time. The rest need to find another job that would make them happy, because teaching is not it. The Principals are not a good fit for this age children. I have to take up for the front office girls. They are great people that have a great deal of stress put on them. I will not be letting my younger child go through this school unless major changes are made soon.

I am the parent of a 3rd grader at PES. When at the Primary school we had a wonderful experience from top to bottom. So much that we were very excited about going on to PES. We were rudley awakened when we arrived there. That may be the RUDEST office staff of any school in America. On several occassion while paying fees or trying to help out with class parties or field trips the office staff was very patronizing to the parents. And don't get me started on the principal, She is the rudest and most patronizing of the all of the staff. We are moving to the Pinelevel area so that we can get away from this school. If you are reading this and are contemplating a move to this area stongly consider the pine level school zone or the Daniel Pratt school Zone. Whatever avoid PES like the Plague!!!!!!

I have been extremely displeased with PES, and my only reassurance comes in knowing that I am not the only one. I have had many issues with the school ranging from problems wiht Administrators to Office Staff and even other students. I agree with other posts about parental involvement and the absolute RUDENESS of the office staff. It is unbelievable. We have made special arrangements each year for both of our girls to attend the "downtown" Prattville schools including PKS, PPS, and PES. Because my husband is an employee, we can submit a request to have them attend these schools. We have done so because we believed in this school system. Until this year, I have always felt good about that decision even if it meant going out of our way a bit. However, I am now counting down the days until the end of the year, and next year both girls will be going to Pine Level Elementary. I have tried to get the point across that the community is very dissatisfied with the path PES is taking, but my concern was dismissed entirely. Perhaps when the school board sees that many families are choosing alternatives to PES they will take action.

Last modified Prattville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.