PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Posted November 21, 2015
Unfriendly "elite" mentality. They tend to look down on all other schools and have horrible attitudes in their sporting activities. I have seen a grown man who was a soccer coach at PCA yell at a third grade little girl, on the soccer field, and berate her in front of both teams and all of the spectators. They use public school text books, but charge for a private school education. On the whole, there is nothing Christ-like about this "Christian" school.

Posted November 09, 2015
We have a child in the preK program and we love it! She has learned so much, including letters, numbers, science, social studies, etc. They have PE, where she has had an opportunity to try different sports and decide what she likes. She also attends music, Spanish, and chapel. They do lots of art projects and have field trips. Through technology the school and my child's teacher keeps me informed of what's going on and my child's progress. Worth the money!

Posted April 17, 2015
National test scores are a good indicator of the level of education your child is receiving at his or her school. This year, PCA students performed very well! The overall average for SAT -10 was in the 74th percentile for grades 3-7. The overall ACT average test score was 24.8, which is well above the national average of 21.0, and the state average of 20.6. I am very proud to work at this school!

Posted April 17, 2015
We have loved PCA! My 2 children have been there 7 years and my senior who is graduating received almost $200,000 in academic and leadership college scholarships. We are moving this summer for my husbands career, so we had my son tested for a private school in that city. He scored in the 99%, so these two things tell me that the academics at PCA are very strong. The Engineering Academy at PCA is top notch- no other school in the region offers such a program. The Spiritual Director does a fantastic job of engaging the students in discussions about faith, and encouraging them to own their walk with Christ. This has been a great school and the teachers and administrators are always fair and they care about the students here. I would highly recommend PCA!

Posted April 17, 2015
National test scores reveal a lot about a school. PCA students performed very well recently on the ACT and the SAT 10. The overall average ACT score was 24.8, WELL above the national average of 21.0 and the state average of 20.6. The overall average for SAT-10 was 74 percentile for grades 3-7. The teachers at PCA truly care about the students, and will go the extra mile to help them in many ways. We are very proud of our students for performing this well.

Posted February 12, 2015
As a staff member, this is the best school in which I've worked in nearly 20 years of educational experience. PCA is not perfect; no school is. However, I can assure you that the faculty and staff are a dedicated group of professionals who love God, love children and love teaching. That dedication is evidenced by quality academics and extracurricular activities fueled by a Christ-like spirit.

Posted December 17, 2014
We came to PCA in an attempt to have a better environment than the local public school. For one, you can't control what comes through the doors in the public system. You do at PCA. If you are involved, what you experience is different. It is night and day compared to public. Does it cost, yes it does. Is it outrageous?... No! For those who make excuses about being from whatever state, I too was in the military for almost 30 years. I am from here and I appreciate what they offer after what I have seen compared to a lot of other states and the programs they offer. In my scholastic opinion, it is a very solid school. No question about it. I could not trust my daughter being in the hands of the non prep or prep programs the public school system offers. If a child is out of line, it is handled in an efficient means. Every situation is different and unique. I love for the fact she is able to be under a microscope to a degree. I love the fact it is small enough where the kids are known by their teachers. School has not always been my daughter's friend. Here, it is. This is the first time in my daughter's life she has said she loves her school. Her brother is set to follow.

Prattville Christian Academy 4

Posted August 03, 2014
I have a hard time understanding all these 1 star reviews. We are a military family and are here for three years. We moved from a California school to a Marbury school...and my kids had done all this work the year prior in Cali. We pulled our last school age child out of public school when his science teacher insisted water is one part hydrogen, two parts oxygen. PCA is, at least for us, expensive. But our daughter was in all honors classes and had about 3-4 hours of homework a night. Our son was in 8th grade and he had homework. All in all I think this school was so much better than the public system. And I don't think there was any common core in the 2013-2014 school year.

Posted April 25, 2014
My child attended PCA for 1 year. He made all As that year. I was concerned though because he never came home with any books. Well when he took the SATs he scored horribly!! We moved him to another school and he was so behind from that year in PCA. It took him 2 years to catch up to his peers in the new school. His SATs are now well ahead of the national standards and he has the highest grades in the class. Also, PCA is way overpriced.

Posted April 08, 2014
Just do one thing if you're a new parent who's thinking of this as your child's future school: ask if they follow a Common Core Curriculum and are aligned or are receiving any funding. You should see a good dance- if not a good dance, you'll see a great use of a script or thesaurus. Also ask if they stifle free speech or discriminate. You'll see the same song and dance all over again.

Prattville Christian Academy
322 Old Farm Lane North, Prattville, AL  36066
Last modified Prattville Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12