Prattville, AL
Before care: Yes

Posted December 17, 2014
We came to PCA in an attempt to have a better environment than the local public school. For one, you can't control what comes through the doors in the public system. You do at PCA. If you are involved, what you experience is different. It is night and day compared to public. Does it cost, yes it does. Is it outrageous?... No! For those who make excuses about being from whatever state, I too was in the military for almost 30 years. I am from here and I appreciate what they offer after what I have seen compared to a lot of other states and the programs they offer. In my scholastic opinion, it is a very solid school. No question about it. I could not trust my daughter being in the hands of the non prep or prep programs the public school system offers. If a child is out of line, it is handled in an efficient means. Every situation is different and unique. I love for the fact she is able to be under a microscope to a degree. I love the fact it is small enough where the kids are known by their teachers. School has not always been my daughter's friend. Here, it is. This is the first time in my daughter's life she has said she loves her school. Her brother is set to follow.

Prattville Christian Academy 4

Posted August 03, 2014
I have a hard time understanding all these 1 star reviews. We are a military family and are here for three years. We moved from a California school to a Marbury school...and my kids had done all this work the year prior in Cali. We pulled our last school age child out of public school when his science teacher insisted water is one part hydrogen, two parts oxygen. PCA is, at least for us, expensive. But our daughter was in all honors classes and had about 3-4 hours of homework a night. Our son was in 8th grade and he had homework. All in all I think this school was so much better than the public system. And I don't think there was any common core in the 2013-2014 school year.

Posted April 25, 2014
My child attended PCA for 1 year. He made all As that year. I was concerned though because he never came home with any books. Well when he took the SATs he scored horribly!! We moved him to another school and he was so behind from that year in PCA. It took him 2 years to catch up to his peers in the new school. His SATs are now well ahead of the national standards and he has the highest grades in the class. Also, PCA is way overpriced.

Posted April 08, 2014
Just do one thing if you're a new parent who's thinking of this as your child's future school: ask if they follow a Common Core Curriculum and are aligned or are receiving any funding. You should see a good dance- if not a good dance, you'll see a great use of a script or thesaurus. Also ask if they stifle free speech or discriminate. You'll see the same song and dance all over again.

Posted November 07, 2013
I would like to put in a parent opinion of PCA...especially in response to the two "one star" reviews in 2013. I am just an average parent with an average child. I am not related to any administration at PCA. I have had a child at PCA going on seven years now. Is PCA perfect...no. Is any school perfect...no. The administration from the President down to the janitor give their best to this school and their students. They are constantly trying to better the school with curriculum, technology, staff, and facilities. God is at the center of this school...the aspect I love most about this school. My child gets a good education and loves it at PCA! As parents, we are very happy, as well. I highly recommend this school.

Posted May 01, 2013
I've read all the positive reviews and have to question the criteria used. We've found the school to be overcrowded and the teacher does not have the capacity to give the kids the proper attention. Our son is bored out of his mind. Also, he comes home with unfinished work, which reinforces my view that he is not getting the attention any student deserves. Another point is the overexageration of "incidents" between kids. They seem to feel any spat between the kids is a an incident that warrants a visit to the couselor or a call to the parents. Let them be kids, and if the situations warrants some discipline, then they should know how to apply it. But, instead they "tattle" to the parents and the requisite punishment is delayed, which in most cases would probably help fix the problem. I know this may sound like I'm defending my child, but we've met with a behavioral therapist just in case, and she specifically pointed out to us that PCA tended to overexagerated things and were not too good at handling discipline cases. So, take if for what it's worth. We came here from Virginia and have become very aware of the disparity of education systems in this country. Thank you for reading.

Posted March 07, 2012
Truly a blessing to our children and the community! PCA has made a very positive impact on both of my children. The staff, including the Principal, are all extremely engaged. The level of communication from our teachers is outstanding! There is not enough time or room to say all of the amazing and positive things about this institution. P.S. the tuition is extremely reasonable as well. Thinking about PCA? Call them and set up a time to visit. You will see, like we did, that this is a great environment for your children and for you.

Posted January 26, 2012
This is easily the very best school in the area. The Principal is knowledgeable of all the students and they all love him. Academics, sports, activities are all leading the way for kids of all grades. They teach Christ but don't ram it down your throat. Teachers are tops in all aspects. We have been there 3 years and would not go elsewhere. Their Ministry Partners program and Booster Club provide necessary elements to round out the education offered there. Relatively new but offering more variety each year. Building a program and challenging each student to do their best daily. A waiting list in all grades tells parents of the quality that is offered to those enrolled. No bus pickup but arrival and dismissal is tightly controled by staff with safety paramount for all students and staff accessing the campus. Priced competitively but you get so much for the money spent. Take a tour of the facilities and it is obvious how everyone feels about PCA. A growing campus with potential and opportunities for all. You will be amazed as we were of what goes on there with a real 'team' spirit among the staff. Don't miss out to see and add to the total effort put forth for everyone.

Posted July 21, 2011
We are a military family only in Prattville for a year. Our 3 children loved PCA. They were challenged academically. However, we were most thankful for the caring teachers and leaders who knew everyone's name and were able to lovingly assist them with any issues. We would definitely make the choice to go to PCA again!

Posted May 05, 2010
My son has been attending PCA for 10 years and our daughter for 2 years. We love this school. The Principal is enthusiastic and friendly. The teachers and staff are fabulous. Keep up the good work PCA!

Prattville Christian Academy
322 Old Farm Lane North, Prattville, AL  36066
Last modified Prattville Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Prattville Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top