Sylacauga, AL

Posted June 01, 2009
Indian valley is a great school. The children are happy and receive a good education. The principal really cares for the children and it shows.

Indian Valley Elementary School 4

Posted May 05, 2009
This is a very good school with good academics and discipline. I believe discipline is just as important as academics and IV does a very good job with both.

Posted March 29, 2009
I am very pleased with Indian Valley. The administrators and teachers are great. Parents are involved. My children are given a great education.

Posted February 08, 2009
I am very happy with Indian Valley administrators and teachers. They work very hard to provide an excellent education for my children. Parents are there every day helping in some way. The PTO is very active. We are fortunate to have a great school filled with dedicated administrators and teachers.

Posted November 13, 2008

Indian Valley Elementary School 1

Posted August 23, 2008

Indian Valley Elementary School 2

Posted August 20, 2008
This school has really gone hill in the last two years. The principal is rude and cares nothing about the children. She runs the school more like a prison. She doesn't want parents involved in the school in any way. Parents are pretty much not allowed to volunteer at the school or even come in the front door. Teacher turnover is very high and morale amongst the teachers is very low. There are way too many rules for parents, student and even teachers. It is just generally an unhappy place which is sad since it is an elementary school. Academically, the school is still strong - offering gifted services, reading tutoring, reading coaches, the Accelerated Reader program, etc. I think most of the teachers are doing their best under the circumstances.

Indian Valley Elementary School 2

Posted August 18, 2008
My daughter is pushed too much. She learns slower than others and is not given the attention she needs. The 'gifted students are always helped but not the struggling ones. Plus the principal is so rude. I have been blessed with three very great teachers. But they can only have so much time for one student. They have other students to worry about too. They should have a tutoring program. But the sure have a 'gifted' one. And ugh this AR program is nothing but a competition for young kids. It is awful they should be able to read for fun not a competition.

Posted December 27, 2007
The school is very nice and has a lot of great teachers. It has a good academic program and also has a new principal who truly cares about the students. I think we are very fortunate to have such a great school and staff.

Posted July 24, 2007
I have had 2 children go through Indian Valley.The school was always wonderful!! They keep you informed on what is going on. The teachers are always helpful with any questions or concerns I had. I now have another child going through the school and I look forward to every second of it!!! I think Indian Valley is an A plus school.

Indian Valley Elementary School
1099 Oldfield Rd, Sylacauga, AL  35150
Last modified Indian Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Indian Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top