Bad
Good

My daughter attends Thorsby and I absolutely thrilled with it. Thorsby has really prepared her for her college career. She has a 4.0 and has been very well rounded from her experience here. I would reccomend all students in the Thorsby area to attend, it is a great school.

I am graduate of Thorsby High School and I am very disappointed in what this school has turned into. The education for the students is not the important issue anymore. The importance of being in the proper social circle is more inportant to the Thorsby High School staff. My kids are students at Thorsby and I am very concerned they aren't getting the education they will need in the real world. We, the tax payers, pay the staff at Thorsby and every other school to prepare our children for 'life' and this is not happening at Thorsby. Everyone there is more concerned about who said what about who instead of teaching our children. This doesn't apply to all the teachers at Thorsby. There are a select few that are actually doing their jobs. My suggestion to these people is to sweep around their own back doors. There is dirt there.

This school is struggling. There is too much politics in every aspect, even the sports. There is a small group of people that tend to rule most of the decisions. If your parents are not in that social circle their opinion is without voice. People not in that inner circle have no luck with any problem and are never taken seriously. There is a major need for zero tolerance where bullying is concerned. Stopped at a young age, the chances of it progressing are alot less. Tenure should not be a lincense to treat children any way you like as a Teacher. Teachers should be disciplined when not doing their job whether tenured or not. Principal should enforce this! Parents would be more involved if they were allowed to be.

I have to agree with the most recent review. I was told by my son yesterday that the teachers were told they could not teach anything but whats on the graduation exam. That is their only concern so that numbers are up. How sad is that? Truly i wonder if my child will make it in college after the disturbing high school years he has had. He is not challenged and they want to put him in classes that are bogus. Home ec, Ag, teachers aid... thats all well and good but 2 classes a semester every year???? C'mon!

This is a failing school. The students who go onto college struggle to 'get by'.Their obvious lack of preparation is disturbing. The leadership is questionable,the teachers -for the most part- are qualified. Sadly,however,their hands are tied by the 'small-town-politics' associated with a population just over 2K.

k has a great teacher in mrs henery

Thorsby has some very qualified teachers, but also some who lack the objectivity to fairly provide instruction to their students. Like many schools, it is clique-ish. This is truly the disadvantage of small-town life. Thorsby is sorely lacking in several areas, and it's not improving!

I think that Thorsby has come a long way. My children have attended since 1997. My son is handicapped and I COULD NOT have asked for more cooperation from the faculty and staff. Russ and his staff always have my sons best interests in mind and are always trying to include him and accommodate the school to help make it easier for him. I as a mother thank them and all the hard work that they do. I moved back to Thorsby so my children could have the education that I was fortunate enough to have. Thorsby has more one on one with the students and we are truly blessed to have the teachers that we have! Thanks to you all for a job well done!

Thorsby High School is a wonderful school. Both of my sons have attended this school since kindergarten. My youngest son is now a Senior. Mr. Bryan is a great principal. The faculty do the extra little things to make this a wonderful school for the children. I like that it's a small school, so the children are able to be closer and are able to do a few extra things that mean so much to them. I know at a smaller school there are not as many things that are offered, but I would rather have the closeness that my children have with their class, and I do not worry about their safety at this school. If I had to do it all over again, I would still pick Thorsby.

Last modified Thorsby High School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.